Peterborough show - IF YOU ARE NOT NOW COMING (1 Viewer)

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
If you have booked into the Peterborough Show and are not now coming or are arriving at a different day or time could you please either PM Bob and Jane or post on this thread and I will let them know.

This will then save the Marshalls and Assistant Marshalls from hanging about waiting for you getting totally waterlogged and having to be wrung out :ROFLMAO:

I have spoken to command centre at Peterborough and it is raining again :cry: Bob is having to be consoled by Jane who is pouring him a beer as we speak. Im sure many more beers will follow.

Sonja

Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years
If you have booked into the Peterborough Show and are not now coming or are arriving at a different day or time could you please either PM Bob and Jane or post on this thread and I will let them know.

This will then save the Marshalls and Assistant Marshalls from hanging about waiting for you getting totally waterlogged and having to be wrung out :ROFLMAO:

I have spoken to command centre at Peterborough and it is raining again :cry: Bob is having to be consoled by Jane who is pouring him a beer as we speak. Im sure many more beers will follow.

Sonja

=====

Thanks for info ... Have PM d Bob and Jane.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gran & Rog

Free Member
Apr 17, 2011
Lofthouse, Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Eight years
I let Bob & Jayne know as soon as I knew myself, do hope its not too bad for you all.

Have a good drink and plenty of hot toddies to keep out the cold

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
I have already confirmed our "non attendance" by PM, but just to confirm, we will not be attending. The thought of trying to push a wheelchair in the mud was not good :Eeek::Smile:

peter H

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
I have already confirmed our "non attendance" by PM, but just to confirm, we will not be attending. The thought of trying to push a wheelchair in the mud was not good :Eeek::Smile:

Sounds like a hovercraft attachment would be useful.
Regards to Barbara, kisses to Rosie

Peter

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
We were hoping to at least pop up for the day but unfortunately thanks to London & Quadrant who have landed last minute major alterations to the plans on Walthamstow Stadium which go to committee on 8th May, that now has to take priority as we are battling against a modern day broadwater farm being built.

The Environment Agency having objected has now at the 9th hour withdrawn their objections.

I am sure these organisations are doing this deliberately because they think local residents are as thick as two planks.

Im sending a big warm hug to Bob and Jane, no matter what the weather they will ensure everyone is well looked after, so please look after them too as we dont want them catching pneumonia

Hoping everyone who attends doesnt let the weather dampen spirits and heres keeping everything crossed for you all that it brightens up for the weekend.

Best wishes to you all xxxxx

OP
OP
Red Sonja
Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Good Luck with the plans Gail. Im sure they just dont know who they have taken on in this battle.

Hope to see you soon.

Sonja

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
apologies but I have to cancel our visit to the show

:Sad:

The weather has made our mind up and we have decided to cancel this weekends stay at the show.
Apologies to everybody who have put so much hard work into arranging everything.
MikeD

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
I am happy to say we are still coming, just waiting for the wife to bunk off work why she never done it yesterday like me i don't know:ROFLMAO:

we will be bringing the sun:Cool:with us so see you soonish:thumb:

:Cool:Rob&Jane:Cool:

Gaz

Free Member
Nov 25, 2007
cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since june 2005
we are still coming see you around 3pm :thumb:

have the kettle on one black coffee and one tea with milk and one sugar::bigsmile: julie will supply the cake

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
we would have loved to be there rain or not(who cares about a bit of mud:RollEyes:),but circumstance's have denied us the chance of doing any meets this year:cry:
but its a fun meet and the rain wont stop the funsters partying and haveing a great meet as always:thumb:

Maddie

Free Member
Nov 19, 2007
Ashford, Middlesex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not coming !!

Dear All,

I am very sorry to say that Roger and I are not able to come as I am still in Tenerife due to my mum's sudden death.

It has been raining here as well since Easter Sunday, so not only wet in UK.

Hope you enjoy the show

kind regards

Maddie and Roger

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
So very sorry to hear your sad news. Thinking of you and Roger at this awful time. Jane & Bob

Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
Hello Bob & Jane

Still raining here in Sleaford with standing water, so wont be risking the van on the flood plains of Peterboro. Thanks for all of your efforts though.:thumb:

Will be dropping in tomorrow anyway in the Smart Car to do our annual shopping. Hopefully, our van pass will get us in.

Cheers

Bill & Carole

Night Owl

Free Member
Oct 24, 2011
Nr York
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
20 years
Sorry not coming

Hi Bob & Jane

Sorry we couldn't let you know sooner but a family emergency means we can't come this weekend.

This would have been our first meeting and we look forward to meeting you all soon.

Linda & Peter

OP
OP
Red Sonja
Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Maddie

So sorry to hear about your Mum. Condolences to you Roger and Laurens.

Remember the Happy Times and hopefully we will see you soon.

Sonja

xx

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
At this rate Bob will be having bacon salads for the next three months:ROFLMAO:

Have a great week one and all:thumb:

Feb 16, 2010
Newport, Gwent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2002(previously 25 years caravaning
Not sure if my apologies for non-attendance reached Bob & Jane, so perhaps you could let them know that Tony & Perri Garvin that we won't be at the show - Thanksalot x:cry::Sad:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
WE are Here... lots of mud

Hi All

Poor old Bob.. looks like a drowned rat this morning.. not sure who is the wettest.. Ezzie or Bob...

It has not really stopped raining since we arrived yesterday morning.. wind has dropped as of 12.30 Friday.

Many stalls were only just starting to set up at 9 a.m this morning.. they have put loads of star down, for the traders outside the old cattle sheds... just as dingy and miserable in side them as it was 20 years ago when we used to do toy fairs here. metal roads down in lots of places, but mud is still an issue if you are in on a scooter.. Running out of towels to dry Ezzie so need to buy some more. Well certainly needed to run the generator this weekend so far.. First time I have spent so much time with the tv on and using the laptop... normally do not post when away. The four big tractors have been working hard getting motorhomes on to the pitches... I suspect they will have there work cut out Sunday and Monday when people leave.

Found JIM's stall - look very professional.. would not think it was his first outing... Had him demonstrate the tire pressure gauges.. purchased 10.. look not bad... but will do a post when we get back later next week.

JUST CAN I SAY.. PLEASE ET BOB & JANE KNOW IF YOU ARE NOT COMING... THEY HAVE A HARD TASK AS IT IS.. HE IS HOLDING SPACES FOR SEVERAL RV'S THAT HAVE NOT SHOWN UP YET??????? IT MAY BE WET AND MUDDY BUT WE WILL STILL ENJOY PETERBOROUGH.. AND ESPECIALLY THE BACON ROLLS ON SUNDAY .. BUT BOB AND JANE NEED TO KNOW HOW MANY NEEDED.

Bob:Blush:

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
post on this thread and I will let them know.
Sonja

Hope you got my note on main thread.

Now expect to arrive today (Cathryn will stay at the hospital with her brother.

I will speak to people at the gate when I arrive, in the hope that I can get pitched somwhere with a reasonable possibility to get away if I get an urgent call.

I will be available on 07876491049 if Marshalls need to speak to me before I arrive.

Hope to see you all soon

Malcolm

Maddie

Free Member
Nov 19, 2007
Ashford, Middlesex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Maddie

So sorry to hear about your Mum. Condolences to you Roger and Laurens.

Remember the Happy Times and hopefully we will see you soon.

Sonja

xx

Thanks, Sonja.
She was a very feisty lady and certainly a character. 90 years old and you could discus anything with her. Living in Tenerife for 32 years, she would discuss Spanish football with the waiter or politics with the people in the shops. Went every week to the hairdresser and would not been seen without her make up.
She just drifted in her sleep from this life into the next about an hour after she went to bed. My sister and I are so grateful for this as she could not have asked for a better passing.
Just an incredible shock to us.

Maddie XXX

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
got puncture on a1 but the aa will be here soon, were only 20 mins away,see you soon.

Oct 2, 2007
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Loads of years
Have already notified Bob and Jane by PM to let them know we would not be there his weekend :Sad::Sad::Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back