Peterborough Show April 2013- FULL CLOSED (1 Viewer)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
We got home about 4pm would of been earlier but as per usual traffic jams in London on a sunday:Doh: Would like to thank Brisey, Champers Jim & Sian for a great weekend that couldn't of gone any better (unless i won the whiskey in the raffle but i didn't:Sad:) Managed to fly my Funster Flag:thumb: and a well relaxed sunny weekend was had by all:Cool:.

See you all soon
Rob&Jane

Nice to meet you and Jane too Rob, had a nice chat with Jane, :thumb:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
A fantastic time, as always!:thumb:

Thanks to the marshalls and especially John And Kath for letting us sample the products from the Sennybridge offy!:Eeek:

Cheers to Haggers for his online appeal when we went MIA!::bigsmile:

Good to meet friends old and new. Can't wait until the next bash!:cry:

petensal

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2012
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Since Sept 2009
Many thanks to all that helped to organize this weekend. Had a great time

Pete and Sally

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jb0371old

Free Member
Jul 8, 2011
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
1 year
I dont drink whiskey, but I am sure funster whiskey will taste better::bigsmile:. The thing is I was moaning at the missis that she is useless at raffles and then we win 3 prizes.

Good weekend, but I wished it had of rained, didnt seem right without it:ROFLMAO:

Jun 26, 2012
ipswich suffolk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt pilote
Exp
2005 off and on
had a great weekend many thanks to all who worked so hard to make it go like clockwork pat,bob and oscar he liked all the attention ::bigsmile::thumb:

Philiphall

Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Department 87, Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
A few years now had a break but back with a MH now
Still here been a great weekend nly place open tonight was the "cattle shed" sorry "live entertainment venue" the Dreamets were very good and gorgeous................ however when the blokes came on stage I left - cant they at least put carpet on the floor or provide heating.

For Ken Pete & Bill I now have a bright yellow electric bike 20 km per hour brilliant.

And a very special thank you to the funster who helped me get the bike on the bike rack at tea time tonight. I didn't get your name, but then again you did actually say you were helping cause the wife had told you too lol :RollEyes:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Unlike our journey to Peterborough and Rob1Chelsea's journey back to London we had a very pleasant and smooth journey back arriving home in less than 2 hours - the best time yet.

We had a fabulous weekend. Not as active as we normally are but really enjoyed the food, company and most of all the FUN.

What brilliant Marshals we had, they welcomed us, parked us up, were informative, gave us quizes to do ( oh yes - can we have the answers please?) and there was always at least one Marshal around all weekend.

The bbq was lovely so thanks to everyone who contributed to the sharing tables.

As for the cake morning what a fabulous selection thanks to everyone who donated something.

The music in the tent Saturday evening was pleasant as was the company but alas, we couldnt stay late, the fresh country air was just too much for us.

It was lovely to see funsters both old and new. We know we didnt get to say hello to everyone so apologies if we missed you.

The bacon butty morning was a great success and what amazing weather we had compared to that of recent weeks. Sunshine and more sunshine.

A big thanks as well to everyone who donated raffle prizes and yes, we won one xxxx

FUN WORKS because lots of people donate in some way whether its time, money, a gift, or a talent. THANKS TO EVERYONE we had a brilliant time.

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
This is my first opportunity to rattle the keyboard since getting home, but have to say a huge thank you to the marshalls for their efforts this weekend, making the fun fllow so freely. A special thanks to Andy (Andyman) for pointing me the right way with my televisual conundrum!

This was my second Fun rally, after the initiation of Newark, and it certainly won't be the last. I've got the huge flagpole now to make me a bit more visible!

Simon

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Still here been a great weekend nly place open tonight was the "cattle shed" sorry "live entertainment venue" the Dreamets were very good and gorgeous................ however when the blokes came on stage I left - cant they at least put carpet on the floor or provide heating.

For Ken Pete & Bill I now have a bright yellow electric bike 20 km per hour brilliant.

And a very special thank you to the funster who helped me get the bike on the bike rack at tea time tonight. I didn't get your name, but then again you did actually say you were helping cause the wife had told you too lol :RollEyes:
i hope you got 2 helmets linda wont go on it unless she is protected and would need a helmet too :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
"Sorry" I didn`t get up to see some old friends..:Sad:

We were down in the sticks and not one day went by that I was sober enough to come up..:Doh:

Did venture out and have a coffee with our Jim & Sian... saw a few funsters while trundling round the show.... Did say "Hello" .. to Jaws and Mo, when they were out on their bikes, but they chose to totally ignore me... :winky::ROFLMAO:

Glad them that went had a good time...:thumb:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
you need a smaller van to pitch with the rif raf :roflmto::roflmto:

would have been nice to meet the supplier of my morning humour

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
good time

:Cool::Cool:althrough we did not get to park with all of you lucky funsters.we still got to meet a few of you.thanks a lot.for a great sunny weekend.:Cool:

Wizbangs

Free Member
Nov 8, 2011
MK, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Burford Duo
Exp
Four years
We missed being with the Funsters this time. Still we had a little chat with Jane, which is always nice. On the Friday night whilst walking the dogs, a guy asked to borrow my torch as he had totally lost bearings and thus his van. He had been wandering around for over an hour with no success in finding it. Unfortunately I couldn't oblige, as it was pitch black where we were. I did feel for him though. What a nightmare.

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011

Two out of three projects completed over the weekend, and the third " gas installation " today, can't be bad, only the awning to go now !,

I wish I had taken a picture of you disappearing into the distance on the bike, I told the guy that you had a Transit sitting round the corner with the back doors open !, he thought I was joking . . . . lol,

Pockets must be a little low now especially after the nights out

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

capinpugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2005 (20 years Caravan before that)
Another great funster meeting, and huge thanks from me and the bitch to Jim and Sian, Brian and Pamelaaaaaaar, John and Kath and Nigel and Pamela.

These meets are always great fun and very sociable. It impresses me how funster events go so well and there is never a committee in sight. Just shows what can be done when people get on with things and help others without asking for reward or recognition.

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
It was a bit strange being in general camping for the first time, even stranger that we were only about 20 metres from our pitch last year, and stranger still that the ground was dry and firm ::bigsmile:

Nice to be able to talk to quite a few Funsters though and to still get an invite to Sunday morning bacon rolls :Smile:

Thanks as usual to all those who put in the hard work.

Jul 25, 2010
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2009
Just want to add our thanks for a fab weekend, detox starts now :whatthe:

Will pop over and say hello at Newbury and get one of the delish bacon rolls :winky:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
Broken Link Removed

phill on his new electric bike no room for a passenger then phill :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

tattytony

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2010
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
We would like thank everyone for such a fab weekend, even my wife & daughter loved it so trust me when I say it was great :Cool:

I am looking at the list to see where we can go this year :thumb:

Again Thanks ::bigsmile:

Rocles

Free Member
Oct 10, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Thanks again for a great meet, very enjoyable weekend. Nice to meet a few more Funsters too :Smile:
Les and Sue

dbailey2

Free Member
Aug 6, 2012
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
DETHLEFFS ADVANTAGE T6511
Exp
Since 2012
Peterborough Show

Arrived home this afternoon after a smashing weekend at the Peterborough show. This was only our second meet with the funsters and again we were made very welcome. We would like to thank all those club members who put in a lot of effort to make this event even more enjoyable for everyone.
We are now looking forward to meeting up at the Stratford Show.

Thank you again,

Mary Doug & Murphy.

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Peterborough show

Hi, just a few lines to say thanks to the marshalls ,jim and sian , and all the other funsters who made this a nice weekend for us both ::bigsmile:see you all soon at another meet lets hope the sun shines again Mike and Tina

TheHat

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2012
thurrock
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2012
thank you

just like to thank all the marshal's for making the weekend a great one:thumb:, have cleaned the van:whatthe: now to restock with old speckled hen::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Gran & Rog

Free Member
Apr 17, 2011
Lofthouse, Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Eight years
Had a great time, thank you to the Marshalls who did a splendid job as usual, oo and the lovely bacon butties yummy.

A big thank you to the lovely gent at Autoglass Leisure who gave Rog a lot of help and advice I would recommend them to anyone. Also once again thank you to Dave Newall for his help.

Lovely seeing Pamela & Nigel do hope you enjoy your travels keep safe and well.

To wind up once again thank you to Jim & Sian for the puzzles oo they just show how simple I am lol, also the Marshalls see you again soon:thumb:

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008

Twas I , I would have come anyway, but spud spotted you first and issued her orders, and I know when she shouts **** i better jump on the shovel or else !!!! anyway glad you made it home safely with scooter intact.
ps many thanks to the marshalls and everyone else for making it a great weekend.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
"Sorry" I didn`t get up to see some old friends..:Sad:

We were down in the sticks and not one day went by that I was sober enough to come up..:Doh:

Did venture out and have a coffee with our Jim & Sian... saw a few funsters while trundling round the show.... Did say "Hello" .. [HI]to Jaws and Mo, when they were out on their bikes, but they chose to totally ignore me...[/HI] :winky::ROFLMAO:

Glad them that went had a good time...:thumb:

Sorry mate !!!

I saw no one frantically waving, flashing a beacon ( or anything else ! ) at me, and not a soul lay down in front of me !!!

I cannot speak for woman but me, being a bloke, need at least one of the above to spot anything !!!!!!!!!!!

Will take this opportunity to also say a big thanks to all the marshals and of course Pamela and Nigel for bringing along the BBQ's ! :thumb:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks Jim, Sian and James, Brisey & Pam, John & Kath plus Nigel & Pamala. Was a great weekend - good weather makes such a difference.

Also what a cracking evening in the main event room boogying to the Dreamettes and the Fantastics. ' Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue '

One query re our raffle prize - charcoal & a high viz vest. Were we meant to wear the high viz when we put the charcoal on the Cadac ????? :ROFLMAO:

Thanks again guys, great weekend:thumb:

Ken & Lynda + Jess the terrrierist

Philiphall

Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Department 87, Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
A few years now had a break but back with a MH now
I think I deserve a special award for my efforts today at Peterborough (and thought I had better mention it before someone else does)

I was the only person to get stuck! sat in the seat turned on the ignition and the those front wheels just spun.........tried reverse and 1st!

Towed off to much humour! :cry:

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
I think I deserve a special award for my efforts today at Peterborough (and thought I had better mention it before someone else does)

I was the only person to get stuck! sat in the seat turned on the ignition and the those front wheels just spun.........tried reverse and 1st!

Towed off to much humour! :cry:

What the hell were you playing at, has all this biking gone to your head . . . .trying to do wheelies in the MH. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: ready for a :drink: now ?

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Our first rally and we loved it, hated having to ::bigsmile:riving2: home and go back to work :Sad: A huge thank you to everyone that shared their knowledge and experience with us :thanks: hope we didn't come across too naive ::bigsmile: A special big thank you to Jaws for restoring our power and putting a dent in our credit card :cry-smile::ROFLMAO: and to Denise for the Opticlear, I am off to buy some more tomorrow :thumb: We took your advice Denise and have just booked on the Lincolnshire show as it's the earliest one we are free to attend. Really looking forward to it :party2: and to our trip to the Tour De France :france: I think I am getting the hang of these emoticons :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back