LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
Once again, a great weekend thanks to all concerned.

It may be us but there seemed to be far fewer independent traders this year. Dometic have ceased standing at the shows too. £4.50p for a pint of Fosters was, we think, a little rich!

Having said that it was still a thoroughly enjoyable weekend meeting Funster friends, old and new and, like many more, we spent too much!

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Yes, a great weekend and many thanks to the marshalls and the Sunday morning chefs who did a great job on the bacon butties.

Ian, Linda (and our two boxers).

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
As always I had a great weekend away, thank you to all the marshals especially Pamalaaaaar for singing Happy Birthday:ROFLMAO: Fay and Karl for my present and cakes:D

I managed to get my tyres covers, hub caps and also had solar fitted by DMS(y) great company all weekend and looking forward to my favourite show at Newbury next month.

Rob:cheers:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DMS

Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Feb 2, 2008
Funster No
MH
Concorde 850L
Exp
Time Began
IMG_5673.JPG
Well Guys and Lasses
A Great Weekend, can't Believe it's been 2 years since our last show,, sorry I didn't have time to catch up with everyone, but were glad We seen so many old friends too..
Until the next show,, safe Travels ...
Oh and remind me not to walk the dog at 04.15 again,, the earthquakes (Snoring) coming from certain vans was shocking,, but let's not mention names eh Sonja even your neighbours were fitting triple glazing !!!:D:D
Love ya really !!!!

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Some of us are still here, and had a cracking night in the company of @Carol, @SteveandDenise, and @highwayman, all courtesy of @Ambilkate. :)
A smashing way to end a great weekend. (y)

Thanks too to all involved in making the whole weekend, a very enjoyable one. (y)

Much appreciated,

Jock & Rita. :)

Last edited:

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Had to leave early on Sunday so didn't get to say goodbye to a lot of folks. Thanks everyone for a great weekend and especially to the marshals who looked after us solo females and pitched us all in the same area. Until the next time, take care and safe travels.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
As first time visitors to Peterborough as well as it being our first rally we really enjoyed ourselves! The show was actually better than we expected and there was plenty to look at (and buy!), although we limited our purchases to a Rainbow screen and a couple of bits and pieces. The two evening shows we went to were excellent, although I don't remember Tina Turner ever saying " 'ey up, are you all reet" to an audience..... we did get shouted at by a security lady because one of her colleagues had sneaked us in through a back door though which made us feel like naughty school kids! Then again, the seats in the auditorium were so small they had obviously been borrowed from the local primary school for the weekend....

The price of drinks was very high and the chip butty we had we threw away (stale bun and rock hard cold chips) but that's par for the course at big events nowadays. We did see just the one new van for sale that we really liked and politely asked what the trade in on our 9 month old van might be, and whilst I didn't expect miracles I wasn't prepared for the comedy answer I got. I think some dealers must actually enjoy seeing the reactions of disgust they get 'cos I wouldn't have had the nerve to come up with such unadulterated crap in the first place.

The funsters we met were brilliant, friendly and helpful, but then again they always are. Excellently organised and marshalled (thanks Ambilkate!), and Jim and Sian fantastic hosts. Can't wait for the next one!

Aug 23, 2011
Huntingdon, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Lyseo 727g
Exp
since 2011
Typical Peterbog. Chucking it down. Tsk. Thanks all for a great weekend

Paul & Debbie

Attachments

• 1493028098161-1404273200.jpg
    1493028098161-1404273200.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 26

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Home safely after a fantastic trip to Peterborough.

Great to meet some fellow Funsters, and a massive thanks from us both to all the marshals and unsung heroes that make the event runs smoothly for us all. You are all legends!(y)

Jun 23, 2015
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Sorry keeping the marshals waiting for us Friday, but with two boys still at School it is hard to get away early, but much appreciated, also like to say we had a great weekend and met more people than ever before. bacon rolls were best at show, thanks for all your hard work, see you at Norfolk.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Thanks to all the marshalls/kitchen staff for looking after us.
Safely home with no "Deposit paid" receipt this year. :D2

Jul 25, 2010
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2009
View attachment 159306 Well Guys and Lasses
A Great Weekend, can't Believe it's been 2 years since our last show,, sorry I didn't have time to catch up with everyone, but were glad We seen so many old friends too..
Until the next show,, safe Travels ...
Oh and remind me not to walk the dog at 04.15 again,, the earthquakes (Snoring) coming from certain vans was shocking,, but let's not mention names eh Sonja even your neighbours were fitting triple glazing !!!:D:D
Love ya really !!!!

I've been reliably informed that the triple glazing will only dim the purring if I sleep at the front :sleep::LOL:

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
Many thanks to all involved. Once again well organised and entertaining.
Nice to meet up with old friends, new friends, and friends who shall be one day. Onward to the next show!

Jul 25, 2010
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2009
We also had a fab weekend, met some lovely Funsters and didn't spend too much....only one much :LOL:

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Had a great weekend, thanks to all the marshalls and and bacon butty makers and everyone else who helped make it a great weekend. Some good shows and even Jethro was funny with his schoolboy humour. A really enjoyable weekend and good to catch him up with fellow funsters. Now parked up at Hereford on the rowing club.

Mar 28, 2011
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 7012, A Class
Exp
18 years
We are back home after a great weekend with our Funsters friends.
So very good to see Jim and Sian there with Katie, they have been missed. Very pleased to hear that Katie is so much better, although still having ongoing treatment.
Big thank you to all the marshalls, who worked hard parking up 170 plus vans.
Thankfully, the weather was pleasant.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We were not far off last away this morning and it was persisting down as we packed up so I think we were really lucky with the weather.

Thanks everybody.

Martin

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
@RanC hi see your down on list for Peterborough . If you get chance over the weekend could you say hi , be great to meet you . Also need to ask you somthing x thanks in advance Kate x
Hi @RanC can you please private message me if you see this please
Regards Kate X

Jan 9, 2010
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Great weekend. Thank you to the marshalls and the Sunday morning butty staff.
Kaye & Dave

Deleted User
Great weekend, only our 2nd meet. All was brilliant right up to the point Pauline went crashing on the concrete outside of the marquee ( bruised ribs ), due to the concrete and grass being at different levels. Thanks to the lady who helped us up, and she had just tumbled a few minutes before.
Perhaps the entrances need some form of lighting.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Great weekend, only our 2nd meet. All was brilliant right up to the point Pauline went crashing on the concrete outside of the marquee ( bruised ribs ), due to the concrete and grass being at different levels. Thanks to the lady who helped us up, and she had just tumbled a few minutes before.

Gosh hope Pauline's ok bruised ribs isnt good . I didn't realise somone had tumbled there , we have to be so careful with Amanda will remember that for next year @Jim may be able to put lighting there . Hope the bruising goes down we were told which Hazel is good for brining thebruises out x
Regards Kate

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
All was brilliant right up to the point Pauline went crashing on the concrete outside of the marquee ( bruised ribs ), due to the concrete and grass being at different levels. Thanks to the lady who helped us up, and she had just tumbled a few minutes before.
I got caught out there too.............twice, ie, I jarred my back stepping off the edge of the concrete plinth (which I couldn't see) on the way out, and unfortunately tripped over it on the way back, again, because I couldn't see it, :( .......................and that was before a few bevvies. :LOL:

@RanC, I hope your Pauline recovers quickly. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back