Rally Peterborough Motorhome Show 2019 (1 Viewer)

Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
Just wanted to add our thanks to the Marshalls and the many behind the scenes helpers that work so hard to make the rally a success & enjoyable for everyone - thank you! we had a great weekend :):)

Apr 29, 2014
Warwickshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Chieftain
Exp
Since 2004
Never got chance to come over to say thanks to Jim and Sian and of course the marshals for all your hard work and making these shows so special so THANKS all of you see you at Newbury

Mar 28, 2011
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 7012, A Class
Exp
18 years
A very big THANK you to Jim, Sian and all the Marshalls for their hard work over the entire weekend, especially in the inclement weather.
We enjoyed meeting up with Funster friends old and new.
Look forward to seeing you all again somewhere.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Another vote of thanks to all the hard working Marshall’s, Jim and Siân, and all the other unsung heroes who made the weekend as enjoyable and successful as it was.(y)

:dance:

Jan 24, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Still learning 😊
Thank you to Siân and Jim, Polly and Dave and all the Marshalls for making it a successful weekend. I enjoyed the Bingo in the Funster tent, cause I won ......twice :D. Loved looking round at all the accessory stalls and Motorhomes but the best bit must have been the entertainment by Warner’s last night. The Eagles tribute was great but the ELO tribute band was amazing. They got a standing ovation as they finished and it was well deserved. I will definitely look out for them playing again.

Apr 20, 2009
norfolk
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Thankyou great weekend ,appreciate all the effort and hard work put in by Jim + Sian and all the marshalls and helpers. Bacon rolls were lovely Thanks

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Did anyone try a scone from Game of Scones at the weekend or was it just us that bought the dry tasteless lump of plaster with one cherry on the top ?
I am glad I only bought one!

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Did anyone try a scone from Game of Scones at the weekend or was it just us that bought the dry tasteless lump of plaster with one cherry on the top ?

No, I feared that they’d be no match for my Mrs’s Scones.

I’m always uncertain about how sensible it is to buy from the various pie stalls there as it’s not clear that adequate levels of refrigeration is provided.

And what is with this country and cheese? Why, at this type of event, do we only ever see little waxed truckles of (cheddar) cheese with an endless variety of added ingredients (chilli, pickled onions, pineapple, ginger, etc.)?

We have perfectly good cheese producers in this country yet we’re faced with this dire product! Rant over!!

Ian

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

They looked OK but the guy serving looked like he hadn't washed in a month. :Eeek:

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
No, I feared that they’d be no match for my Mrs’s Scones.

I’m always uncertain about how sensible it is to buy from the various pie stalls there as it’s not clear that adequate levels of refrigeration is provided.

And what is with this country and cheese? Why, at this type of event, do we only ever see little waxed truckles of (cheddar) cheese with an endless variety of added ingredients (chilli, pickled onions, pineapple, ginger, etc.)?

We have perfectly good cheese producers in this country yet we’re faced with this dire product! Rant over!!

Ian
I’ll come to your van next time Ian cap in hand :D

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
Had another great weekend with you all again. Thanks to everyone who makes it possible and looking forward to the next one.
It turned out a tad expensive for me as I succumbed to another change in motorhome.:rolleyes:
However as I also won twice at the bingo I made a little bit towards it!;)

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Another lovely weekend rally with FUN. I hardly know how to thank Jim and Sian for the effort they put in to making the rally a success. the weather did its best to try the patience of stallholders but it never stood a chance of spoiling a great meet-up.
The social evening the bacon butties.... the sight of the cooks dancing when they finished the fry-up.
Last but in no way least the support of the marshals standing out in the cold, calling Bingo or cooking; priceless. I noted one chap with a hat on, he was everywhere twice.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Wife bought a Blueberry scone, your description was very apt, now when a dog sniffs the offering and rejects it, then you know it's naff!
However, on a positive note, thanks to everyone that marshalled, provided bingo, tea, bacon rolls and music.
At least the rain held off.
The guy selling astro turf told me that he was charged £150 for 4 days electric :Eeek:

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Thanks to all involved in making this meet memorable.
So good catching up with friends we have not seen for a while too.
Agree the scones looked dire, however the big jam donut was lovely and enough for 2.

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
No you weren't the only sucker. Bought two, looked good, but as you said, tasteless and dry, They both ended up in the bin.
Mew

Trixie

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 25, 2014
Funster No
Thanks for a great weekend, so well planned it makes it look so easy, but it’s not.

StanandShirley

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Chatteris Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson Titanium 640
Exp
four years
Scones looked brilliant but unfortunately no taste too stodgy put them out for the birds, please don’t report me to the RSPCB or have I got that wrong too?

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Sue reckons that the sausage rolls she saw for sale on Thursday were the same sausage rolls that were for sale on Saturday, or at least they looked the same! Not really sure how she differentiates sausage rolls.......

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Sue reckons that the sausage rolls she saw for sale on Thursday were the same sausage rolls that were for sale on Saturday, or at least they looked the same! Not really sure how she differentiates sausage rolls.......

No answer to that, Bob. :whistle:

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie

She obviously knows a thing or two about sausages :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back