Peterborough Motorhome Show 2014 (1 Viewer)

Aug 23, 2011
Huntingdon, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Lyseo 727g
Exp
since 2011
Just like to add our names to the list to thank all those involved in making this such a cracking weekend. We need a holiday to recover.

Paul & Debbie

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Many thanks to Jim, Sian and all the marshalls for yet another great rally. :thumb:

It was lovely to meet up with old Funster friends and make some new ones too. :Smile:

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
Many thanks to all involved in the organisation and running of a great rally.
We'll be back!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Guess this is a funster going around a roundabout leaving Peterborough :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 55

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Guess this is a funster going around a roundabout leaving Peterborough :ROFLMAO:

Bet his waste tap was open too !!

AND he ran a genny all weekend !!!!

Yep, I forgot to add my thanks to one and all for a wonderful weekend :thumb:

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Great rally, the Marshall's did a really good job, spacial thanks to Sian for her welcome. "Our beloved Leader prise and bless his name, we'er not worthy to be in his presence", has made delegation into a fine art it's not very one who can delegate all the hard work while standing round drinking beer, well done Jim. It was nice to meet the legend that is ShiftZZ as well as GJH, the ever fragrance Carol and Eddie, Dawn M and Mike M, Carole and Peter but the best of all Coolbeanz ( Kerry and Glynn). It's not often that you meet someone who you feel could become friends for life, you know the sort of friend that you don't see for ages but pick up where you left off. This was our first rally but won't be our last. :thumb::thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
My waste was closed ::bigsmile:and I haven't bought a genny away with me for ages. you saw Champers Genny chained to my trailer, he fired it up for Toledo's Karaoke machine on Friday night.

Stopped at a service station just now and the lorry park seemed full of Funsters ::bigsmile: it's a mini meet. Still 4 hours to run to get home:whatthe:

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
Peterborough show

A big thank you to all concerned re the arrangements for the hard work done over the weekend.
Enjoyed our first fun steer rally and was great to put faces and names to the "handles" on the forum.
Plus another big thank you to Dale fromD.M.S who gave me a jump start yesterday ,very much appreciated.
We are hoping to attend more rallies this year.

Tom,Jen and Jake ( our Yorkist)::bigsmile:

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
Great rally, the Marshall's did a really good job, spacial thanks to Sian for her welcome. "Our beloved Leader prise and bless his name, we'er not worthy to be in his presence", has made delegation into a fine art it's not very one who can delegate all the hard work while standing round drinking beer, well done Jim. It was nice to meet the legend that is ShiftZZ as well as GJH, the ever fragrance Carol and Eddie, [HI]Dawn M and Mike M,[/HI] Carole and Peter but the best of all Coolbeanz ( Kerry and Glynn). It's not often that you meet someone who you feel could become friends for life, you know the sort of friend that you don't see for ages but pick up where you left off. This was our first rally but won't be our last. :thumb::thumb:
Who?

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Don't be, it was so bad I nearly p'd myself laughing :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Dawn, it was great to meet up with all three of you. And thanks for being tolerant..... we did call by to say Cheerio but Mike was sat in the new extension "resting" so didn't want to disturb.

I will pass on to Dawn S about the sheer quality of the Beach Boy tribute as she really wanted to see them.............:winky:

Cheers

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
Dawn, it was great to meet up with all three of you. And thanks for being tolerant..... we did call by to say Cheerio but Mike was sat in the new extension "resting" so didn't want to disturb.

I will pass on to Dawn S about the sheer quality of the Beach Boy tribute as she really wanted to see them.............:winky:

Cheers
I cried with laughter the whole way through, probably p'd a few people off, but it was truly dreadful...........

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
thank you all for great meet.made some good friends.and some great nights.also thanks to Dawn B and hubby Mike.they made the last night one to remember.hope to see them soon.thanks again.to all the funsters that I met.so many of you.great weekend.:thumb::thumb::Eeek:

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks from us too for all the efforts from all the marshalls. Must be exhausting with those numbers. :Smile:

Hope our new 'yappy' addition wasn't too annoying, it was a weekend of firsts for her.

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Sorry Dawn got my initials mixed up and I'm with you on the UK Beach Boys a waste of a good evening another hour of my life I won't get back :thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Arrived home just after 12:30 after an uneventful journey with plenty of other vans going north.

After lunch we got the inside of the van cleaned and I cleaned the roof. Too tired to clean the rest of it today though. Jill has started on the washing so we will soon be ready for anything :Smile:

Thanks to all the marshals and everyone else who joined in to make it a great weekend. Nice to put some more faces to names.

Judging by all the earlier comments we need a new supply of Funster badges saying "I survived meeting ShiftZZ for the first time" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
Arrived home just after 12:30 after an uneventful journey with plenty of other vans going north.

After lunch we got the inside of the van cleaned and I cleaned the roof. Too tired to clean the rest of it today though. Jill has started on the washing so we will soon be ready for anything :Smile:

Thanks to all the marshals and everyone else who joined in to make it a great weekend. Nice to put some more faces to names.

Judging by all the earlier comments we need a new supply of Funster badges saying "[HI]I survived meeting ShiftZZ for the first time[/HI]" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Give us a badge then

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
:Smile:

Judging by all the earlier comments we need a new supply of Funster badges saying "[HI]I survived meeting ShiftZZ[/HI] f[STRIKE]or the first time[/STRIKE]" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Or Even Again

Fun Meet everyone thanks to all who joined in or those who didn't
nice to see you all.

Roger & Sheila:Smile:::bigsmile:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)

Judging by all the earlier comments we need a new supply of Funster badges saying "I survived meeting ShiftZZ for the first time" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Speak for yourself. :ROFLMAO:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
That was a trek:Eeek: just got home, I have a massive backlog of stuff to do that I didn't get round to doing this last 12days away with Funsters. Don't think I'll start it tonight though. Two fantastic meets on the bounce, I'll post more about them later, :thumb:

Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
Big Thankyou, again!!

Thanks to Jim, Sian and the team of marshalls/breakfast chefs :thumb:for another great weekend. Probably spent too much, drank enough and enjoyed the evenings in the Funsters marquee, nice one Jim.:thumb:

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Thanks to Sian and Jim and all the marshalls and helpers, you know who you are, and so do we, :thumb: :thumb:

Sorry but Shiftzz was a bit of a disappointment:ROFLMAO: although my wife took to him :thumb:

But meeting Joy was well worth the trip alone :thumb:

Last edited:

Gran & Rog

Free Member
Apr 17, 2011
Lofthouse, Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Eight years
Just like to say a big THANK YOU to Jim, Sian and the Marshalls for seeing us in safely and parking us up nicely, liked where we were on the edge:thumb:. Due to the Cheshire show being cancelled and no Parking/entertainment at Stafford we wont see you until Lincoln:cry:

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Another great meet

Thanks to Jim & Sian for organising another great meet.

We are down in Cheltenham on our way south have found a brilliant campsite at Briarfields Touring Park GL51 0SX

Thanks to all our friends old and new for a great time, looking forward to Lincoln when we can meet up again.

Norman

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Many thanks to all the marshalls for their hard work - another memorable meet. :Smile:

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Flying the flag (new) at Shardlow Marina campsite Derbyshire, on a lovely afternoon. (Good size rally field here :winky:) Stopover for a couple of days to see our other grand-children. :thumb:

Attachments

• Shard01.jpg
    Shard01.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 29
Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Big Thank-you to Siân & Jim and your fab team of marshalls who worked so hard to organise such a fantastic rally, we had a great time meeting loads of new funsters and catching up with old friends, all rounded off with a boogie to the Bee-Gees :wooo: great end to a great weekend:thumb:

see you all soon

Sue & Eric

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
A big thank you to Sian and Jim, all the marshals and bacon butty chefs for making it a great weekend,
Sorry we couldn't stop out late at night but our granddaughter doesn't do late nights, but it sounded fun from where we were parked up.
Thank's to Denbo and his family for keeping our granddaughter occupied, hope they have got some money left as he was on a spending spree.
Motorhome all cleaned out ready for Carsington water on Friday.
Dave and Sandra.:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back