Peterborough Motorhome Show 2014 (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks for a great weekend, had to leave early this morning as not well. Great to meet some other Funsters and look forward to meeting more.
Safe travels.

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Oy! To quote he who abandoned these shores.

I never knew I had a black eye until the wife told me.
I was taking a kink out of the hose on a pressure washer when it smacked me on the forehead. That's what the wife thinks anyway, actually
it was the neighbour caught me straightening his wife's bra.

Yea right,,,,, What next tooth fairy....:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
we are already back home thx everyone for a fantastic time good to see new funsters and make new friends as well as catching up with old friends :Smile:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
So sorry we couldnt make it, sounds like you are all having a fabulous time.

Hope you havent spent to much :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Wishing everyone a safe journey home.

So gutted we are missing the beach boys this evening

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
we are already back home thx everyone for a fantastic time good to see new funsters and make new friends as well as catching up with old friends :Smile:

Where is me hat, you wine drinking cockney poof..:winky:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
We are home and unpacked now.
We had two GREAT meets in a row in one trip and made some new friends and aquaintances. Thank you all the marshalls, I will help next time :thumb:
Thank you all those who came to find me and your kind words :roflmto:
Thanks to the boss Sian and her helper Jim ::bigsmile:
Definately up for these meets again and others :Cool:

EDIT same from Jacs

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Nice easy drive home with no traffic (that's a first) Had yet another great Funster weekend:thumb: Thanks go to everyone we met and everyone we didn't::bigsmile: I took a lot of stick this weekend with the Liverpool fans then arrived home and saw the score :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: you muppets you know who you are::bigsmile: see you all at the next meet.

Rob&Jane:lips:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Thanks for a great weekend, had to leave early this morning as not well. Great to meet some other Funsters and look forward to meeting more.
Safe travels.

Hope you are soon on the mend. :Smile:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Where is me hat, you wine drinking cockney poof..:winky:

told ya no ransom no hat my dog is once again snuggled up with his loved 1 the hat does look a bit knackered now :Smile::Smile:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
We are home and unpacked now.
We had two GREAT meets in a row in one trip and made some new friends and aquaintances. Thank you all the marshalls, I will help next time :thumb:
Thank you all those who came to find me and your kind words :roflmto:
Thanks to the boss Sian and her helper Jim ::bigsmile:
Definately up for these meets again and others :Cool:

EDIT same from Jacs

Hear hear, an excellent time was had by all. Thanks to all the organisers/marshalls. And thanks to you Andy for bringing my Morrisons electric kettle! What a kind man.

See you all at Newbury! :thumb:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Great to meet everyone and put names to faces and vice versa. Apologies to those who we missed to say goodbye. It was a rather expensive weekend..........:winky:

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
Newbie thoughts

We left Peterborough this morning and are now in Dover ready to go to France early in the morning. We need to thank Jim,Sian and the Marshalls for making our FIRST ever rally a brilliant time. We met some great folks and would say to all Newbies not to hesitate in going to your first Funsters rally . You will meet some great folk.
Cheers
Bertie and Rona::thumb:

Bebe

Free Member
May 22, 2013
Spain/East Yorkshire, Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2001
Had a brilliant weekend. Many thanks to everyone..... A great time :Smile: and pleased to be reunited with my badge, thanks Carol. :thumb: Made lovely new friends with Eth and Geoff. Hope to see you both again soon ... Maybe in the York Dungeon :ROFLMAO:

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Jill and I was disappointed after Jim asking us if we wanted red or brown sauce he did not bring the bacon rolls over to the day gate for us stuck there. :Smile:

tattytony

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2010
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
I would like to thank everyone at Peterborough especially Jim, Sian and all the Marshalls who yet again have made the weekend special and I think I can remember it lol. :Cool:

I must also say thanks to Ashley from VanBitz and his Rhum & Coke went down a treat :ROFLMAO:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
We're home, usual bits of shopping and an expensive last minute purchase of a bike from Peter and his lovely daughters at AS Bikes. Waited 'til our neighbours, Allan and Sue (AL99) had gone home as we didn't want to upstage them after they kept boasting about their new gadgets all weekend. :ROFLMAO:
I won't mention our other neighbours, oh alright I will, UKBill :Eeek: and his lovely wife, well I assume she must have been his wife [STRIKE]to put up with him[/STRIKE]. Bill wasn't half as bad as his reputation, neither his Kipor nor his singing at 3.15 in the morning woke us up. :roflmto:

Met some lovely people, and Shifty, many thanks to all the Marshalls who spent long hours awaiting Funsters to say nothing of all the other duties involved in running a great meet. :Smile:

And what fool left his grey waste pipe hanging loose, whether it emptied before or after it fell off I know not but if you followed me out my apologies. Another black mark for motorhomers. :Doh:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
peterborough

I must also say thanks to Ashley from VanBitz and his Rhum & Coke went down a treat :ROFLMAO:[/QUOTE]

I dont think it touched the sides :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Peterborough

Many thanks to Jim, Sian and all the marshalls who worked so hard ::bigsmile:
and a great coup with the marquee.
Well done Jim:thumb:

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
What a fantastic weekend, our first one in Herman junior :thumb: starting with my unplanned drive on the A14 :whatthe: followed by meeting some genuinely lovely people ::bigsmile: we look forward to our big trip in less than 2 weeks time after getting the last of the bits we needed at the show :thumb: we look forward to meeting up with David and Carole, Mike and Kez and Sandra and Colin again somewhere on our travels ::bigsmile: and hopefully many more of you. Thanks to Jim and Sian and all the other marshals/ organisers who make the Funster meets so special :smalllove: the marquee was brilliant :thumb:

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
A brilliant weekend, many thanks to the marshalls and of course Sian and Jim for all their hard work.

Thanks to all for making us so welcome and a fuss of our grand-daughter Charlotte she loved it all.

The bacon butties were awesome :Eeek:

Attachments

• PB02.jpg
    PB02.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 33
  • PB03.jpg
    PB03.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 39
Mar 28, 2011
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 7012, A Class
Exp
18 years
Thanks to Jim, Sian and all their helpers for a great weekend. It was good fun meeting up with friends, old and new. We look forward to the next one.

Jan 1, 2013
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
since May 2013
Thank you to all involved in making the Peterborough show meet so enjoyable. We met some lovely people and are looking forward to our next outing with the funsters!::bigsmile:

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Back home now. Thanks to the Marshalls and Jom and Sian for all their hard work. Nice to meet both new and old Funsters.

Many thanks to all those who had to put up with our lively Grand Daughter Francesca and to all the dog owners who's dogs she mauled and plotted to take home with her.

Also big thanks to Tatty Tony, Leltel and The only Sue for entertaining her. she had a Marvelous weekend and can't wait to get back to be amongst her new Funsters friends especially Paul.

Many Thanks All for a Marvelous weekend.

Sonja

LandG

Free Member
Oct 7, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Sorry not to be organised enough to camp with you all, but nice to chat with those we met out and about. Enjoyed our first motorhome show, 16 nights away now so not feeling so 'new' to it all. Hope to join you at another meet and get to know people.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
What a lovely time we had, the show itself was great, lots of things to see and be tempted by ... hubby was even trying to get me to change vans! :Eeek: Managed to resist fortunately! :RollEyes:

We bought loads of stuff and our poor van was packed to the roof with it all - we had originally planned to have a few days on the coast on our way back home ... but we had to abandon that as we'd have had nowhere to sleep as the bed was buried!!! :Doh:

It was good to meet up with old funster friends and make some new ones, and also see some 'on-line' funsters in the flesh (with their clothes on fortunately!!!! :Blush:). I even managed to extract some money out of Shiftzz ... he's a big soft pussy-cat really! ::bigsmile: I have a terrible memory for names so can't promise to remember them when we next meet so I hope you all wear your badges!!! :RollEyes:

Hope to see you all at another rally/show this year once we've decided what we're doing.:thumb:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Jill and I was disappointed after Jim asking us if we wanted red or brown sauce he did not bring the bacon rolls over to the day gate for us stuck there. :Smile:

... and NO MUSHROOMS either!!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Aug 25, 2009
Newhey
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Many thanks to Jim,Sian,Carol,Eddie,Brisey ,Pamelaa, Jock And Rita. We really enjoyed Peterborough. Had a quiet weekend and was able to do a few jobs on the van when it had stopped raining.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
What a lovely time we had, the show itself was great, lots of things to see and be tempted by ...[HI] hubby was even trying to get me to change vans! :Eeek: Managed to resist fortunately![/HI] :RollEyes:

We bought loads of stuff and our poor van was packed to the roof with it all - we had originally planned to have a few days on the coast on our way back home ... but we had to abandon that as we'd have had nowhere to sleep as the bed was buried!!! :Doh:

It was good to meet up with old funster friends and make some new ones, and also see some 'on-line' funsters in the flesh (with their clothes on fortunately!!!! :Blush:). I even managed to extract some money out of Shiftzz ... he's a big soft pussy-cat really! ::bigsmile: I have a terrible memory for names so can't promise to remember them when we next meet so I hope you all wear your badges!!! :RollEyes:

Hope to see you all at another rally/show this year once we've decided what we're doing.:thumb:

It was the other way round with us... Woman saw a van and as most husbands I caved in after a while... expensive weekend for us !!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back