Peterborough facilities!! (1 Viewer)

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Can one of you seasoned ralliers tell me if I will be able to plug in a hair dryer at the shower facilities at the show? Being the proud owner of curly hair that objects strongly to being brushed (as I then look like I have been plugged in the mains or been startled) I need to dry my hair with a diffuser. If not I still have time to go and buy a hat!! :ROFLMAO:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I reckon you best go buy that hat .........

....... most of the "facilities" at Peterborough are just temporary units and pretty basic.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
In that case are there any Funsters with enough hot air that could blow dry it for me, if there are enough volunteers we could create a circle of blow drying Funsters and I could stand in the middle!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
if there's as much standing water as last year i would'nt plug anything electrical in, swmbo seems to think that there is a hairdryer socket in the ladies ablution facility but having very little hair of my own and never having visited the ladies ablution facility at peterborough i have no evidence of said socket

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Trades Descriptions Act

if there's as much standing water as last year i would'nt plug anything electrical in, swmbo seems to think that there is a hairdryer socket in the ladies ablution facility but having very little hair of my own and never having visited the ladies ablution facility at peterborough i have no evidence of said socket

It is Rumoured the facility in Question has
"Women" on the door
Thankfully not "Ladies"

So it should be quite empty.:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I think if you go in the 'brick' built facilities blocks, rather than the 'portable' ones, there are electric sockets for you to plug into.

Failing that put your heating on and stick your head near one of the blower air outlets!:thumb:!!

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
I think if you go in the 'brick' built facilities blocks, rather than the 'portable' ones, there are electric sockets for you to plug into.

Failing that put your heating on and stick your head near one of the blower air outlets!:thumb:!!

Well I am going to have to make sure none of you Funsters are looking in my window then as the blowers are low to the floor and may well require me to do a headstand. Might need to get some practice in the week!! :ROFLMAO:

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Do you remember the days, when to help with a cold,you got a bowl of hot water, some Vicks a towel and covered yourself over the bowl?

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Well I am going to have to make sure none of you Funsters are looking in my window then as the blowers are low to the floor and may well require me to do a headstand. Might need to get some practice in the week!! :ROFLMAO:

I will bring a generator just give me shout and you can borrow it.
Andy

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
cruiser

i hve got my sun tan lotion,but just in case,iam going to hire a hovercraft. so i can do trips.round the show.anybody want to share the cost.otherwise it going to be a row boat.and my wife wont row.:Eeek:

Reactions: GJH

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Do you remember the days, when to help with a cold,you got a bowl of hot water, some Vicks a towel and covered yourself over the bowl?

I was thinking she could do the same thing but with the oven!Gas mark 4 should do!

Vlad

Last edited:

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
If all else fails....

Light one of the cooker hobs hold a 12 volt cooling fan a couple of feet above it and direct the hot air in the required direction.

Reactions: GJH

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minx Link Removed

Make sure the curtains are closed if you do just in case
theres a figure leaping up & down near the vans

"Rumoured to be Vlad the Impala":whatthe::whatthe:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Find Haganap or us and we will teach you the dark art of battery-powered hair drying!:thumb:

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
So no power means frizzy hair,, well if you buy a McDonalds meal you can use one of their big paper bags with two holes to see out of, same as wifey does when not looking her best.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I run a hair dryer from inverter, batteries recharged by solar, but might not be much sun at Peterborough. As we're not going not a lot of help at all.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Funster blow jobs in public will that be a first.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
That really sounds like fun, and what with all those canine doggers there, It will really sound like the description I heard at Lincoln of Funsters.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back