Pet survey (1 Viewer)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
The reason I am asking is that I am selling my motorhome (upgrading) and someone withdrew their bid as they had noticed that I had added that my dogs travel with me (allergic)....Struth the van is 20 yrs old, even if I had not any dogs , whats the chance a previous owner had dogs in it...I feel that I have commited a cardinal sin by having my best friends (the dugs) travel with me. I would have thought that having a motorhome is that you are able to take your pets with you....:Doh:

Shirl

We take both our Border terriers in the motorhome . They love to go.
They are not allowed up on the furniture though, just like they are not allowed on the sofas or beds at home .
DOWN:roflmto:

I must be noncy as swift says as I , personaly ,would prefer to look at motorhomes for sale that said no pets /or smokers or kids first. Because i know most parents and pet owners are not as particular as us , with kids and food /drinks pens etc .
That way I would think it was less likely to be smelly/ and chipped/ bashed about:ROFLMAO:
(We have 3 kids as well, so im not being doggist or kiddist :RollEyes:though we dont smoke. )
We always take shoes off too , just like we do at home.
As we all know you cant smell a motorhome from a picture and photos can be taken artistically:winky:
We saw lots when we were looking , which looked great on paper till you went to see them. :whatthe:
So maybe , with you selling it on ebay unseen , saying you had dogs just put them off.
I wouldn't take it personaly , I would sell ours as having taken kids and dogs but state our house rules . That way hopefully it wouldn't put prospective buyers off.:thumb:

Unless they really are allergic that is.

Chani

Free Member
Mar 26, 2009
Somerset
Funster No
Cats

For those of you who travel with cats, have they been with you since they were kittens or are they adult rescues? Do they stay in the van, or do you let them out to have a wander?

Ta muchly :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

M1TCH

Free Member
May 15, 2011
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Just got a working cocker took her to Scotland for the week then a weekend away seems to be going ok even though her owner says shes not house trained.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We take Susie everywhere . we have to as we full time anyway .dread the day she leaves us . how long does the scent of them stay .And does the fact that they dont moult well Susie doesn't anyway being a yorkie make any difference to the person with an allergy ?

Bobclayden

Free Member
Jan 10, 2011
Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Two Years +
Motorhoming Pets.

One eighteen year old Lurcher,and one Portuguese Podengo.

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
We take both our Border Collies with us, it's the reason we started camping/vaning in the first place. Recently px'd our MH for a newer bigger one, and have to say I was personally very pleased with clean state of our MH when we took it in. Keeping on top of pet hairs and general cleaning paid dividends as there were no bad smells, stains or anything that may put off a perspective new owner. Infact I noticed that our MH was sold within a week of being on the forecourt of Fullers. And I did tell them we had pets. (non smokers thou, us - not the pets, actually pets non smokers too!)

hope this helps

Andrea

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
we take our cat (Anfield) everywhere with us, we started m/homeing when he was about 3 yrs old

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Ellie (see left) comes with us everywhere. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Travelling with Pets

We travel with two GSDs one nine years old and one five and also a cat about 14 years old,thats the main reason that we have been caravanning and mhoming for the past few years.:thumb:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
We have two 11 month old Cocker Spaniels and a 12 year old Golden Retriever, we love their company but never take them on our travels. We are able to leave them at home where there is always somebody to look after them and they have lots of space to roam .

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
For those of you who travel with cats, have they been with you since they were kittens or are they adult rescues? Do they stay in the van, or do you let them out to have a wander?

Ta muchly :)

We have taken our cats with us since we started motorhoming nearly 7 years ago when they were 8, sometimes they choose to stay in the van but generally they go out, usually they just hang around the van but sometimes they are brave and go to other peoples awnings!!!

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Border collie pup, Nix, travels with me fulltime and seems perfectly happy - she has her own crate/den in the lounge. :Smile:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
A positive selling point when putting a van up for sale is no smoking and no pets. Would seeing a potential purchase with heavy pet or smoking usage put you off? It would me.:Sad:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We take both our Border terriers in the motorhome . They love to go.
They are not allowed up on the furniture though, just like they are not allowed on the sofas or beds at home .
DOWN:roflmto:
I must be noncy as swift says as I , personaly ,would prefer to look at motorhomes for sale that said no pets /or smokers or kids first. Because i know most parents and pet owners are not as particular as us , with kids and food /drinks pens etc .
That way I would think it was less likely to be smelly/ and chipped/ bashed about:ROFLMAO:
(We have 3 kids as well, so im not being doggist or kiddist :RollEyes:though we dont smoke. )
We always take shoes off too , just like we do at home.
As we all know you cant smell a motorhome from a picture and photos can be taken artistically:winky:
We saw lots when we were looking , which looked great on paper till you went to see them. :whatthe:
So maybe , with you selling it on ebay unseen , saying you had dogs just put them off.
I wouldn't take it personaly , I would sell ours as having taken kids and dogs but state our house rules . That way hopefully it wouldn't put prospective buyers off.:thumb:

Unless they really are allergic that is.

:ROFLMAO:
Looks like you and me are the only noncy people on MHF Buttons:thumb:

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
We travel with our Macaw, if we left her out of her cage in the van there would be no van left as she would bite and dismantle every part of it. The Macaw is known to be the mechanic of the bird world, she is good at dismantling not so good at re-assembly
red1.gif

Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
con-tiki

con-tiki

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
My girls, Sophie & Missy (irish red setters) and Lucy aka Lou Lou, the terrorist are very well behaved in the van...its only when they get outside and smell the country air they go a bit daft. They sleep in the privacy room in their crate.

Shirl

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Sorry,

Bev and buttons, my mistake,

must be getting late.:roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun