Pet passport! (1 Viewer)

Jun 17, 2019
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
One a newbie
Hi, as we are new to camper van life we are unsure about pet passports, I was never allowed to take caravan to France/Spain but we now have a dog and camper would like to give it a go via shuttle as I don’t fancy leaving dog for to long. It looks quite involved getting a pet passport and finding a vet abroad before you come home to worm the dog!
Got 16 days off next May/June so looking to go then?

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
It really isn't a problem finding a vet for the worm tablets and (currently) it's quite easy to get a pet passport for your dog. Your vet will (should) know what the procedure is. However, it may all change after Brexit. Anyway, take a look at this.

Upvote 0

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Google DEFRA & then follow to Pet Passport that will tell you everything & nothing!

If we leave with a ‘no deal‘ we might have to wait 4 months from Rabies injection thru a Titre test to actually being allowed to travel!
All depends on what government/EU decide.

Upvote 0

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
i dont see why you shouldnt look into getting the process started anyway, it might take a month to get in at the local vets to start the rabies vaccination

Upvote 0
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
I suppose a lot depends on how important your dog is to you. Regardless of Brexit I have decided to bring my dogs pet passport in line with other European countries ie the Titre Test in fact his blood sample will be taken on Monday morning and we are heading of then immediately for the Tunnel.
It is a quite an expensive processes but in the bigger scheme of things you would probably pay more for a fortnight in a kennel at least your dog will be happier and also protected and your wife will be ecstatic :LOL:
My advise would be take advise from your vet now and get the process underway, I wouldn't be without my best companion or the wife for that matter.:D

Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
If you are desperate to get away ASAP, and whatever happens with brexit, the safest thing to do is get the rabies jab done, then followed by a titre test. That is most secure you can be, but it does come at a cost. For us it is worth it, we won’t go with out a European trip, with the dog.

Upvote 0

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
There are vets in most towns. I've found them better clued up on the pet passports than uk vets.
Have the rabies done so that's out of the way if required.
Check out the defra site. They are very helpful on the phone.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back