Pet Insurance (1 Viewer)

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
We’re in the process of renewing the insurance for our spaniel and noticed we are covered for multiple trips up to a maximum of 120 days outside of the UK during the period of Insurance. This doesn’t seem much, but it can’t be increased, and having checked with other companies many only offer 90 days cover. Just wondered if anyone else had come across this, or found a way round it?

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
We get round it by not having any pet insurance.Having paid for many years ,2 dogs,2 horses ,and a cat ,we put a small claim in(£280) and after there legal team found a poor loophole not to pay i cancelled my policies immediately and have never paid them a penny since .This was a few years ago and we are well in front financially ,we now pay as necessary,which i must say is next to nothing.If you have a healthy animal and are prepared to stand the cost of medication for your pet then put your money in a tin as a back up if nec.

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
We get round it by not having any pet insurance.Having paid for many years ,2 dogs,2 horses ,and a cat ,we put a small claim in(£280) and after there legal team found a poor loophole not to pay i cancelled my policies immediately and have never paid them a penny since .This was a few years ago and we are well in front financially ,we now pay as necessary,which i must say is next to nothing.If you have a healthy animal and are prepared to stand the cost of medication for your pet then put your money in a tin as a back up if nec.
I have never had my pets insured, but after facing a £6,000 bill for Tui's cruciate ligament operations (left and right) I have now insured Dolly. I hope I never have to claim, but the vet bills are now so large insurance is a hedge against them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We have pooch insurance with LV and there is no limit on trip length. :)

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Our dogs are insured through PDSA, we have 364 days cover abroad each year. But it does depend which level of insurance you select, we have Premier cover. However, we were glad of Premier cover early last year when Otto was admitted to a vetinary hospital for a mystery illness, resulting in a bill of almost £6000

Last edited:

soreeyes

Free Member
Feb 21, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T69L 2017
Exp
im a newbie
I would not be without insurance after a £4000 for a cruciate and a £12000 for tests and operation to remove a tumour on my dogs .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back