pet insurance including travel to Europe? (1 Viewer)

Jul 10, 2016
hucknall
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero 712sb
Exp
10 years
who would anyone recommend as a good pet insurer for European travel, probably 90 days +,?

we are with Vetsure now but they seem very highly priced. and renewal is due so just in case there's a better one out there

checked out john lewis that was about £1750 a year (gulp)

thanks in advance

John

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
HOW MUCH???????

We insured our Westie with ASDA as they were the only one we could find who would cover Morocco. Cost us about £380 pa and he was 3m old at the time. They say they keep this low price as long as the insurance remains continuous. Vet was perfectly happy with the terms/conditions (vet claims from insurance co. where necessary).

We get the idea that the older the pooch gets the more expensive the insurance so swapping around in this case doesn't get the best deal.

Oct 19, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Class C?
Exp
Returning to a motorhome.
My Jack Russell is nearly 18!!! What do you reckon a premium for him would be? We are planning a trip over the channel sometime soon.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I'm with Liverpool Victoria.
They cover up to policy limit abroad.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Our dog was never insured and we spent 6 months in Spain every year for 10 years when she was with us. Went to the vet a few times but was never expensive,

Nov 10, 2012
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I've just renewed ours with Tesco, unlimited travel for £18 a month .
Good luck with your search .

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Mine are with More Than with high levels of EU cover but they have various policy options.

One thing about this thread. It’s absolutely pointless to quote actual costs because they will vary massively from breed to breed so unless someone has the exacty same breed and age dog as you it’s a completely meaningless number

OP
OP
cookie
Jul 10, 2016
hucknall
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero 712sb
Exp
10 years
Mine are with More Than with high levels of EU cover but they have various policy options.

One thing about this thread. It’s absolutely pointless to quote actual costs because they will vary massively from breed to breed so unless someone has the exacty same breed and age dog as you it’s a completely meaningless number
We are more concerned with finding an insurer that gives longer European cover periods. And yes as you state about similar size snd age dogs being very relevant , it is possible to gauge wether an insurer looks to be a good deal or not.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back