Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
I have just received my pet insurance renewal from the caravan club and to say im annoyed is an understatement.

We have been with them a couple or more years and all has been fine with premiums for their 'for life' cover being reasonable.

This year i will be looking elsewhere, I cannot understand why the premium has shot up by £54.46 when i have never made a claim on it. The caravan clubs reasoning behind the increase - well your dog is nearly 8years old.

So can any of you out there tell me if you have ever used A.F.I. (animal friends insurance)service as they have the same cover offered as the caravan club at £152.28 which is a lot better than the £236.48 the caravan club want. plus AFI are offering free overseas travel cover in their price.

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
We pay direct line£ 615 a year by mnthly payment
for 2x10 year old jack russels
on the same policy

we have had 2 claimes
£1200 for cruciate ligament damage

£250 for a snake bite (adder)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
My goodness... being a little simple I had no idea that you needed so much money to have health insurance on a dog!!!

Yet another thing to consider when thinking about taking on one of the yet to be born puppies...

JJ

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
We use pet plan and pay around £350 on a lifecover scheme. It was £250, but we did make a big claim after a dog attack which put it up - still worth it though!

Our dog is a Glen of Immal - rarer than Pandas, so they say!

If you like, I can dig out a recommendation card and then you get a discount!:thumb:

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I've just switched our dog's insurance. The cost with PetPals was gradually going up and up due to his age. He'd been with them since birth. When I phoned to cancel they asked why. I told them and the reply was,"ok then". Talk about loyalty!

I switched to Tescos and saved over £10 a month.

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Both our old staffs were refused insurance because of their age.
The firm were more than happy to take our money when they were younger :Angry:

cheers...nige

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Had the same problem years ago when we took on a 9 year old dog, along with other pets. We gave up paying insurance and put aside the cost into a saving account for the dogs, that was years ago.

We still have dogs and have never overdrawn their account, even with one just having cost us just over £7000 in vet fees at Royal Vet. College. We only take money to pay the bill if we could have claimed on the policy, if not then we just pay up.

This has worked well for us, and a few friends who thought it a good idea, and followed suit.

I am not saying this will always work, but it is another idea, to think about.

Dave :thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Bruno (nearly 10) and Amy (5 years) combined £52 a month NFU excess £50, last year operations on Bruno cost nearly 8 grand and now on permanent medication for arthritis.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back