Pet hates on aires. (or grumpy old man time) (1 Viewer)

sersol

Free Member
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
My post was tongue in cheek, (thought this was a fun site) but as always nice to see I can still reel in Dazzer (the europhobe) as always :winky::winky::winky:.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hello Yodeli salut Yodeli,
We are going to visit friends in Auch and Mielan, so we would be interested in your parking place. A bientot.
Lucille

Hi Lucille!

No problem! Let me know when you leave so i can give you all the details!

@+++
Frankie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
My post was tongue in cheek, (thought this was a fun site) but as always nice to see I can still reel in Dazzer (the europhobe) as always :winky::winky::winky:.

And you say your post was tongue in cheek :Doh:

What do you think mine was :Eeek::Eeek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::Doh:

sersol

Free Member
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
Ok just to clear a few things up,

1, my m/h is nowhere near the size of an RV its only a baby at 24 feet. :RollEyes:

2, yes Geo I did buy your genny and very pleased to,,,,,,only I don't remember saying it was for the m/h, actually I use it for work. :Doh:

3, As to the time spent in France,good job I do as I have had to give directions to people before boarding a boat bound for Calias :thumb:

As to the comments about ARV's & gennies I would like to say sorry if any offence was caused:Blush:

What I should have said was ANY ARV drivers/owners & any genny users.
I retract my statement about the French on the whole they do not drive arv's or use gennies,
Steel hat on waiting for incoming :Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile:

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
And you say your post was tongue in cheek :Doh:

What do you think mine was :Eeek::Eeek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::Doh:

Excuse me dazzer! Did i say something i shouldn't have said? See i don't always catch all the subtlties of your language. I had no opportunity to talk with an english for ages! I wanted to be funny and not angry , there was no reason at all ...as far as i'm concerned.
I read it as a joke and answer the same way.
Perhaps you found it far too strong to be a joke?
Then i apologize if i hurt any of you, i never had any rude intention

Amicalement
Frankie:Sad:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Excuse me dazzer! Did i say something i shouldn't have said? See i don't always catch all the subtlties of your language. I had no opportunity to talk with an english for ages! I wanted to be funny and not angry , there was no reason at all ...as far as i'm concerned.
I read it as a joke and answer the same way.
Perhaps you found it far too strong to be a joke?
Then i apologize if i hurt any of you, i never had any rude intention

Amicalement
Frankie:Sad:

Frankie I think you'll find our dazzer was replying to Sersol:winky::thumb:

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
My goodness! when reading everyone , i don't even know who is angry after who! I'm being confused!
I think i'm going to eat , i'll be better after that ! i hope i'll be able to read ,understand and answer properly to the right person and only if talking to me!
:ROFLMAO:
amicalement
Frankie:Smile:

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
It's the sliding door on the panel van, I believe it is impossible to close one silently after 9:00 pm!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Its not just the shutting though, opening them can be just as loud. :whatthe:

At least you can get used to the sound of a humming generator, but a panel van slam is guaranteed to wake a campsite:Smile:

ducato

Free Member
Sep 12, 2007
Funster No
We always use the cab doors on late arrival. Hadn't thought that the sliding door might be a good answer to the genny, probably about 15 mins after it's switched off. Only joking - honest.

mikel

Free Member
Mar 24, 2008
Funster No
We used to have neighbours until we moved to the country. Now we are surrounded by horses, cows and sheep. We wake up stress free and accept that the human species falls far short of the animal world.

When on an Aire and the panel van is slamming, awnings are out, deckchairs occupying a parking place, no one says hello and in the background some poor bu**er is looking for a place I smile and know we can move on tomorrow.

One of the things which really annoys me though is the incredible willingness others, particularly the Dutch abroad, feel the need to share with the rest of us their own personal sh*te !

I watched one punter empty his thetford thingy in to a hole for grey water. Most of the solids (ie sh*te) end up on the ground surface. A few 'bits' stayed put and some other 'bits' floated off toward a couple of Hymers where kids were playing. The chap then stuck the nozzle of his cassette in to the drinking water tap, sloshed it about, and emptied the contents where, in the future, others would stand to fill up their watercans.

Quite disgusting I thought.

Now whenever we use the 'liquids' part of an Aire I always disinfect any part which I may have to touch.

As an aside some of the politest individuals I have met turn out to be French.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Now whenever we use the 'liquids' part of an Aire I always disinfect any part which I may have to touch.

Yes indeed, good advice..

I always spray copious amounts of bleach in and around any tap before connecting the hose.
You get some funny looks at times but I make no secret why I'm doing it... :Angry:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Just American RV owners that bug you then :Angry:

Guess the Eurovan owner running a generator at 11.00 pm will be ok :thumb:

Seems a bit one sided wouldnt you say??:Blush::Blush:

Hi Dazzer,

I would have responded sooner, but for some reason, I am not getting email notifications.

I actually like ARV's so please don't go down that route. I too have an inboard Genny on my Euro MH, which is as big as Gary's (Sersol), but I have only experienced the odd ARV owner who's need to run their gennies, seems to be at unsociable hours.
In times of difficulty? By all means, that's different.

Cheers,

Jock.

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Hi Dazzer,

I would have responded sooner, but for some reason, I am not getting email notifications.

I actually like ARV's so please don't go down that route. I too have an inboard Genny on my Euro MH, which is as big as Gary's (Sersol), but I have only experienced the odd ARV owner who's need to run their gennies, seems to be at unsociable hours.
In times of difficulty? By all means, that's different.

Cheers,

Jock.

Hi Jock

I wasnt having a go!!! :winky: Just pointing out that your post was a little 1 sided :Blush:

ned

Free Member
May 18, 2008
Funster No
Pet Aire hates

Hi,

Just wondered how you get on with 50% of the French population peeing in the hedgerow behind your van and my dog says that he is a bit miffed as he has peed up most motorhome wheels whilst in France but he doesn't quite remember yours. Still if you let us know when you are going again, he says that he will be more than happy to give your wheel a squirt should you require it and then you can get really grumpy. However, as we have just brought out most of your banking system you probably have more to worry you than just a bit of dog pee!!!!!!!

Keep em waxed............ Ned:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
Just wondered how you get on with 50% of the French population peeing in the hedgerow :

My boys now refer to it as 'Going French' after watching the entire male population of a French town using the hedgerows during a cycle race.

Now I'll find them around the back of the garden shed, peeing in a bush: 'Just going French, Dad!'

Very lush vegetation round the back of the shed........

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Hi,

by the way.... talking of taps: Caution before you take any water from taps in France (areas or villages) EAU POTABLE means drinkable and of course if
EAU NON POTABLE is written don't drink it or even use it for cooking!

Amicalement,

Well if it's not meant for drinking, or even cooking then what is it for. I can understand using it via a toilet flush, but if it's from a tap and you can't use it, what is the point ?:Eeek:
Pete

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Well if it's not meant for drinking, or even cooking then what is it for. I can understand using it via a toilet flush, but if it's from a tap and you can't use it, what is the point ?:Eeek:
Pete

Hi Pete!

:ROFLMAO: Sure one can wonder what 's the use of it!

Well you can do your washing ; you can fill up a bottle (or whatever)for your motor in case of radiator problem ; it's also there,that you're supposed to refresh or clean your pet if you need to.... unless you prefer to wash the wheels the very same pet has been peeing on:ROFLMAO:.

Sorry ... i shouldn't be laughing:Blush: . I know how much the frenchs's behaviour is uppsetting you all. I just feel the same ! You see, i look like a french, talk like a french, but even if my papers say i'm french, my community is "pieds noirs". We are french from Algerie, Tunisie, and Maroc,(don't mistake, we are not arabians!) and came back to France because of Algerian's war. In those countries , if you don't clean up all the day long you have no chance to survive. Bacteries kill you . All the "pieds noirs" are very clean people. And guess what : french don't like us! Funny isn't it?

Amicalement

ronald4874

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Poole Dorset
Funster No
MH
CB 6.5 metres
Exp
About 15yrs plus early years in caravan & cruiser
Ron & marj

Hi
Yes we have all seen, the toilet cowboys, who have no respect for their fellow Motorhomers. These are the people that empty their toilets into the dump tank, take hold of the water hose, that people use to fill their water tanks, and stuff it into the toilet nozzle and flush it out. We all should know that the water hose should be at least 9 inches from the mouth of the toilet container. Invarably there are two pipes and hoses well away from each other but the toilet hose is usually very short which doesn't suit some so they use the fresh water hose to clean out their toilets. I tend to unscrew the hose off the tap and use my own.

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
I have been considering using Aires next year but am now not sure, you make them sound terrible, it is sad to see this wonderful resource abused in the ways you describe.

Ralph

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I have been considering using Aires next year but am now not sure, you make them sound terrible, it is sad to see this wonderful resource abused in the ways you describe.

Ralph

Hi Ralph,

Please don't be put off. Many Aires are in really nice locations, and are used correctly by the majority of MH'ers. Apart from the odd occasion where we have seen a Frenchman having a pee, (it's a French male thing :winky:), we haven't witnessed very many of the horror stories above.
The Stellplatz in Germany are even better.

Cheers,

Jock.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland

Ralph

Hi Ralph

I agree with Jock, please don't be put off, there are some real gems to be found, and with over 3,000 to choose from you're bound to find some that you really like.

Top ten list of my favourites (keep them to yourself ):winky:
They are all big enough for the largest motorhomes or RVs, some have ehu, some are free, all great aires, each with it's own character.
If you need more info please feel free to PM or email me.

Le Touquet, Paris Plage €5 with 16A ehu during season
St Mailier sur Seine, Free, no ehu
Honfleur, €6.50 with 16A ehu
Plouha Free , no ehu
Plougonlevin €5. 16A ehu
Quibron €5 , no ehu
St Philberts de Grand Lieu, Free, no ehu
St Dizant de Goa, Free, no ehu
Mimizan Plage, €5.50 - €11 16A ehu
Capbreton, €6 16A ehu

All are listed in the Aires book or on line at Camping Car Infos.

Jim

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Thanks Jock and Jim, I have seen many aires that look very nice, some in very good locations but when I see some others with the vans crowded in, and read comments on here, it puts me right off.

I think it would be a good idea to have two lists of aires on here, one list of aires that are recommended and one for aires to avoid (although the campsite reviews section isn't used).

Ralph

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Some busy ones to whet your appetite ..