Peschiera to Innsbruck today (1 Viewer)

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Just drove up the E45 from Peschiera del Garda to Innsbruck today.
What a journey!
6.5hrs (incl half an hour stop to buy/rent the Go Box for Austria.

I don’t know where Google gets it’s times from (2.5hrs) when you google the route. Checked this morning just prior to setting off and same again now plus checked it last week when planning and all said 2.5hrs.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Stop whining. It's a privilege to be allowed to drive those roads.

So where is the next stop ?

If you see a group of bikes coming towards you, get ready to wave, one may be Jaws.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
GAVLAD
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
was it a good adventure though ? was go box easy to purchase ?
Imagine being stuck on the M25 is 90degr F and when the traffic does move some Italian tries squeezing into your 2 second gap you’ve left.

Picked up the Go Box at the first service station that sells them.
Glad I did because nearer to Brenner & border every services was full.
I don’t think trucks are able to use the roads on weekends as every stop was full with them.
As for buying, to say the guy didn’t speak English and I don’t speak Italian we managed ok.
That said he’s probably loaded it up with my credit card limit haha

OP
OP
GAVLAD
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Stop whining. It's a privilege to be allowed to drive those roads.

So where is the next stop ?

If you see a group of bikes coming towards you, get ready to wave, one may be Jaws.
Ha ha I know Brian, I’m blessed to ride these roads.
I’m taking your advice and going to Fussen tomorrow although the Garmisch Part.. and Munich route is tempting.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Ha ha I know Brian, I’m blessed to ride these roads.
I’m taking your advice and going to Fussen tomorrow although the Garmisch Part.. and Munich route is tempting.

You won't see a nicer more typical German town. If you haven't seen Neuschwanstein I believe it's worth the cost and the queues. Ludwig was surely mad but what an imagination he had.

Some of The Great Escape was filmed in the area.

We have unfinished business at Garmisch, the expensive trip through the mountains by train and cable car.

In the other direction you've got the Bodensee then on to the Rhein Falls.

There's just so much on offer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
GAVLAD
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
What a beautiful town Fussen is.
Had a few delays on the Fernpass and the subsequent tunnel - think they were operating a traffic light system but it was ok and lovely scenery. I could imagine Steve McQueen on his motorbike as the outlook was just like the film (not the barbed wire though ha).
Cops were out in force with their hand held radars - one before Fernpass and another before turn off to Fussen. Fortunately I had my light shoes on today.
I messed up with the stellplatz by pitching on the middle one instead of your suggestion with the bar & restaurant. We’ve just cycled back from town and cycled around it and it’s full now. Never mind as it’s only a night.
Thinking Ulm or Karlsruhe or nearby tomorrow.
Will have to return to see more of this area.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
We were at Füssen a few days ago too ... we came down from the Mosel via Rothenburg ob der Tauber (amazing) from there we followed the Deutsche Alpenstrasse east to the end. Beautiful ... stayed at Reit bei Winkl.
Ramsau gorgeous too.
We’re now just north west of Regensburg and heading a little further north again tomorrow and Wednesday.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
We were at Füssen a few days ago too ... we came down from the Mosel via Rothenburg ob der Tauber (amazing) from there we followed the Deutsche Alpenstrasse east to the end. Beautiful ... stayed at Reit bei Winkl.
Ramsau gorgeous too.
We’re now just north west of Regensburg and heading a little further north again tomorrow and Wednesday.

Try Nuremberg and Bamberg (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back