Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
This thread is for the general discussion of the Motorhome Dealer Perthshire Caravans. Hit the Review Button at the top of the page to leave a proper review. Feel free to discuss it below.

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Like all dealers the sales seem helpful but I have found their vehicles over priced
The service dept and after sales service is poor

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
As with @normanandsue found their prices to be a bit on the steep side.
Couldn't comment on their service department as they refuse to service a vehicle purchased elsewhere (which we knew about before going elsewhere).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
Rude and unhelpful after sales. Take your money and then you are forgotten. Not too sure there is a brain anywhere in the service/warranty department, they don’t think, just tow the party line. So many faults when I picked up my new motorhome that I thought Stevie Wonder had built and inspected it. Got a really rude e-mail from the owner basically saying I damaged everything (because I signed the handover sheet) and they would fix it as a good will gesture, what an @rsehole. Anyway, still having warranty issues that these dumb shmucks cannot fix. Autotrail and Maxview are also culpable, all a shower of useless shites. Love the van though (y)

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2015
After a year of being told that there was no issue with my Satellite system, a trapped cable has been traced and at long last, the fault has been identified and fixed (hopefully). They could not replicate the issue earlier this year so told me that there was nothing they could do. This despite me sending loads of videos and pictures of the box stalling out with 3 orange lights. I asked them what troubleshooting they did; "none" was the answer "because we can't replicate the issue". I sent the same information to Auto-Trail and Maxview and the silence was deafening. Put the Moho back down to PC a couple of weeks ago for various warranty fixes and while there, I got the box to stall out. They could no longer deny there was an issue; why is it so hard to get a response after handing over the money. I doubt I will be buying another new Moho any time soon, but if I do, it won't be from PC.

May 17, 2016
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
On a more general note. Is there anywhere in Scotland with decent dealerships. I’m looking at buying a second hand A class next year but it seems that I’ll need to go down south to get a nice one. All of the Scottish dealerships appear way overpriced .

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
We looked around various dealers throughout Central Scotland but ended up going down to Derby to get ours.
Probably the largest selection at that time were either Perthshire or Knowepark.

Oct 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner td590 lyseo
Exp
campervan for 5 years, motorhome since May 19
On a more general note. Is there anywhere in Scotland with decent dealerships. I’m looking at buying a second hand A class next year but it seems that I’ll need to go down south to get a nice one. All of the Scottish dealerships appear way overpriced .
Agree about the prices in PC, bought my Burstner from Cranham's in Upminster and saved £8000!

Have also heard about them being unwilling to service your MH if you didn't buy it there.

I have had (paid) extras fitted at the motorhome repair centre in Glasgow and while I have still to have any servicing done (the van's too new) early signs seem to be good.

Graydo

P.s. can't recommend Cranham's PDI however, grey waste tank lever was completely seized and had obviously never been checked.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I have had (paid) extras fitted at the motorhome repair centre in Glasgow and while I have still to have any servicing done (the van's too new) early signs seem to be good.
There were a couple of Funsters quite scathing on the service received from this company. Might different for yourself though.

Oct 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner td590 lyseo
Exp
Hmm, interesting.
Can you recommend anyone else near Glasgow.

Graydo

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Went back to the dealers we got it from for the first couple of times (included in the deal). Next one due early next year and will be gathering thoughts on that after Christmas. Current thought is maybe going back to Dave Newell (who did our cam belt) as part of a trip to Wales.

Oct 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner td590 lyseo
Exp
Unfortunately Essex is a bit too far from Glasgow for an oil change.

Graydo

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Unfortunately Essex is a bit too far from Glasgow for an oil change.

Graydo
Use these guys (Anniesland) for MOT as does bigtree and now, maybe, gerry mcg but never used for servicing. Would be one of the ones I'd think about if getting work done locally.

The guys names are David and Paul.

Euphony

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
3 years of weekending with the odd month here and there.
I seem to be the odd one out here, we bought our used MH 3 years ago, I negotiated the price down from £32,995 to a flat £30k, I’ve taken it back twice with issues (one out of warranty) and they were both repaired and resolved quickly and without any problem. They’ve serviced it yearly since and it’s been fine. The shop is really well stocked with everything you might need for tugging or MHing and John, the manager, is hugely knowledgeable and couldn’t be more helpful if he tried.
We’ll be buying new early next year and will be going back to them first to see if they have what we want.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
When you need a service why not arrange a trip down south.
You could possibly get a loan car for the day and see the local sites.
Seems to be the solution to me

Oct 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner td590 lyseo
Exp
£180 for diesel and an 800 mile round trip, campsite fees and time off my work.
I prefer to tell my motorhome where to go rather than the other way round.

Anyway,
what could possibly be of interest to see in Londinium ?

Graydo

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2015
I seem to be the odd one out here, we bought our used MH 3 years ago, I negotiated the price down from £32,995 to a flat £30k, I’ve taken it back twice with issues (one out of warranty) and they were both repaired and resolved quickly and without any problem. They’ve serviced it yearly since and it’s been fine. The shop is really well stocked with everything you might need for tugging or MHing and John, the manager, is hugely knowledgeable and couldn’t be more helpful if he tried.
We’ll be buying new early next year and will be going back to them first to see if they have what we want.
I negotiated a great deal with them also. The best I could get from all UK Autotrail dealers. They have also dealt with most of the warranty issues without a problem. However, they were extremely rude when I pointed out I wasn’t happy with the issues I found post delivery. With the Satellite saga, I found them to be clueless and rude. I must point out thought that the technicians I have spoken to this last time were great but the warranty people and management, not so much.

Nov 28, 2018
Edzell Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
We searched high and low before travelling south of the border to buy our MH but did find this company to be reasonable in prices compared to other dealers in Scotland.
http://www.morbrookmotorhomes.com/ but did not have the model we were looking for.

Bonkers the Dog

Free Member
Nov 9, 2018
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
2 yrs
Likewise. We looked up here for months but eventually had to go down to Manchester for a decent, 2nd hand A Class.

Drifter

Free Member
May 25, 2019
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Low profile c class
Exp
I seem to be in the minority here but have not had a problem with them. After lots of searching we found what looked like a good MH , got the price down and a couple of extras thrown in. The salesman was very friendly and helpful even after sale and they helped sort a couple of wee issues. As has been said the shop is well stocked and the staff there very helpful too, you even get a discount if MH bought there.

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2015
Always going to be good and bad stories. That is why it is good to share so others can make up thier own mind(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back