Pete S

Free Member
Nov 1, 2017
Mobile
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Popped in to request fittment of accessories and a service on our Burstner Elegance i890G. Service department stated they could only help us if we had bought our Burstner from them!!! ! I'm sure Burstner would like to hear that. Also staff ignore you.. That's why we purchased elsewhere.. Glad we did.. sale missed by them and also the 2k accessories fitted elsewhere...

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Didn't even go near them when I was looking for a van,heard what they were like.Went to Germany instead. (y)

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
So far, they have been brilliant with me. Some folks think they are being ignored when a salesperson doesn't approach them. Same folks complain about pushy sales people when approached. Also, not just PC that will not work on vans not purchased from them, it appears 99% of dealers have the same philosophy. Probably don't need your business anyway so no loss for them. A little due diligence avoids situations like these TBH.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2015
Didn't even go near them when I was looking for a van,heard what they were like.Went to Germany instead. (y)
Hearsay? Might have had a look myself just out of interest.

OP
OP
Pete S

Pete S

Free Member
Nov 1, 2017
Mobile
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Steve glad you found their service to a standard you are happy with. Unfortunately we requested to see sales staff twice via a receptionist, only to be left over an hour with no response.. eventually gave up. . and yes you are right.. I was left with the opinion they probably did not need our business..

Fermenter

Free Member
Sep 6, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2012
Interesting posts, we have just bought a Burstner from them and leading up to collection the communications have been very good. I will update following collection and then after sales should we require any warranty work.

I agree with Steve, we have a local dealer that wouldnt service our current van as we hadn't bought it from them. I don't think that is uncommon.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
whilst I can understand a business refusing to do warranty work at reduced manufacturers rates on vehicles they haven't sold it's unbelievable that they won't do full rate servicing & fitment of aftermarket parts .(n) If you follow that logic it means if I turn up wanting something done then they'd refuse it as they never sold it? :unsure:

Euphony

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
3 years of weekending with the odd month here and there.
We bought our Bessacarr from them and the service from the start was great, the salesmen weren’t pushy but very knowledgeable and helpful. We had issues (partly inexperience) on our first outing and when I called from on-site, the salesmen talked me through the solvable problems and booked us in on our return to fix the others.
We had 2 snagging visits and 1 warranty one and all 3 were handled quickly, professionally and with courtesy. I only live about 20 miles from them so they are also very handy for me.

Can’t fault them from the experiences I’ve had.

Oh and John in the accessories shop is brilliant with advice and nothing is too much trouble for him.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Some folks think they are being ignored when a salesperson doesn't approach them. Same folks complain about pushy sales people when approached.

A good salesman should acknowledge you and then invite you to browse on your own.

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
We bought our Bessacarr from them and the service from the start was great, the salesmen weren’t pushy but very knowledgeable and helpful. We had issues (partly inexperience) on our first outing and when I called from on-site, the salesmen talked me through the solvable problems and booked us in on our return to fix the others.
We had 2 snagging visits and 1 warranty one and all 3 were handled quickly, professionally and with courtesy. I only live about 20 miles from them so they are also very handy for me.

Can’t fault them from the experiences I’ve had.

Oh and John in the accessories shop is brilliant with advice and nothing is too much trouble for him.

I was never going to buy a British van.

Dan and Jan

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 16, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Between Vans
Exp
On and off since 2000
I bought my present Burstner from PC. They have a great stock in and outside. I like the way you just go to reception and ask for keys for any van outside. Inside they are all open.
I prefer to find a salesman if I’m interested and want a road test. The sales people are right next to reception and I just stuck my head in and said, if you want to sell a van follow me. Steve the sales guy was good. I made a list of what I thought was wrong with the van and all jobs were completed.
The garage does more warranty works and habitation services. Most accessories are fitted elsewhere. I went to Turriff Caravans to get VB air on their recommend.
So far I am happy with their service.

Fermenter

Free Member
Sep 6, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2012
Just to follow on from Dan and Jan, we wanted various fittings added to the new van that we had on the current one and Andrew from sales was more than happy to do these all foc. So far so good with excellent service but as I said earlier, let's see how it goes with any warranty issues that might crop up.

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2015
A good salesman should acknowledge you and then invite you to browse on your own.
Subjective, is a nod an acknowledgement, a smile, a hello, a look in your direction, probably happens on most occasions but unless some folks get a direct "fit like min, ye wunt ti buy summin" then they are "ignored", I have read it here so many times.

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2015
Steve glad you found their service to a standard you are happy with. Unfortunately we requested to see sales staff twice via a receptionist, only to be left over an hour with no response.. eventually gave up. . and yes you are right.. I was left with the opinion they probably did not need our business..
I also have been told they are busy but did eventually get an "audience" so yes frustrating but I persevered. Just over 140 miles return, so, I now ensure they know I am coming, but, hey, I am not the only customer, (y)

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
I have never had good experience from the sales team. A number of years ago I was looking at a Burstner Elegance. It was a previous years model as the leather and curtains had been changed along with an upgraded habitation door if my memory serves my right. Anyway, I could not get through to the salesman it was a previous years model, he kept repeating it would be registered on the day I collected it. he could not grasp what I was saying, I gave up in the end.

One thing I would add is that the accessories shop is excellent. The team are extremely helpful and very knowledgeable and go the extra mile to help.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Cranham caravans in Essex are the same. They only work on vans sold by them as they have so much on their plate. You need to look after your regulars

OP
OP
Pete S

Pete S

Free Member
Nov 1, 2017
Mobile
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I am very unsure of some peoples expectations of a main dealer. We save for our just deserves in life sometimes it is harder for some than others. If I took my new car to a dealer 500 miles from home whilst I was on holiday for a repair I would not expect to hear they would not deal with me because I bought it elsewhere. Also we are very patient people who find it difficult to criticise.. We were ignored... sales staff were sat in their offices actually with nothing obvious happening. No phone calls no paperwork.. and the odd coffee. We actually gave benefit of the doubt by waiting long enough in case they were on a lunch break. My wife spent her career training staff in customer service... so recognises poor service when experienced. Whilst visiting relatives recently we had a fault on out tec tower fridge. The local dealer in Worcestershire welcomed us.. appologised for us having trouble with our Burstner and bent over backwards to sort it out for us !! That is customer service.. ...

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
I am very unsure of some peoples expectations of a main dealer. We save for our just deserves in life sometimes it is harder for some than others. If I took my new car to a dealer 500 miles from home whilst I was on holiday for a repair I would not expect to hear they would not deal with me because I bought it elsewhere. Also we are very patient people who find it difficult to criticise.. We were ignored... sales staff were sat in their offices actually with nothing obvious happening. No phone calls no paperwork.. and the odd coffee. We actually gave benefit of the doubt by waiting long enough in case they were on a lunch break. My wife spent her career training staff in customer service... so recognises poor service when experienced. Whilst visiting relatives recently we had a fault on out tec tower fridge. The local dealer in Worcestershire welcomed us.. appologised for us having trouble with our Burstner and bent over backwards to sort it out for us !! That is customer service.. ...

As far as Burstners are concerned no one will give better service than CamperUK. Great company with the right level of customer care. A family business and pleasure to deal with.

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2015
Edwards?

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
There is only 2 good things at Perthshire Caravans, 1) the shop run by John and Kate! and 20 the road out. sales and after service is a joke and has been the same for past 40 years !
It has always been the same there, it is "did you purchase it here" ? and if not its , sorry but we do not do anything to any vehicle or caravan not purchased here.
If anyone askes for help/advise I recommend Scot Motorhomes in Perth, most of the staff there are ex Perthshire but they all do a great job !

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2015
Have to say that all was great until I took the MoHo away. Then, Oh Please!, what a shower of barstewards. No help whatsoever and in no way will they slightly inconvenience themselves to avoid inconvenience to the customer.

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Have to say that all was great until I took the MoHo away. Then, Oh Please!, what a shower of barstewards. No help whatsoever and in no way will they slightly inconvenience themselves to avoid inconvenience to the customer.
March last year you were praising them Steve, what’s happened?

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2015
March last year you were praising them Steve, what’s happened?
All great before the sale, and lead up to pick up. Then, once I had paid and took the van home, the attitude changed completely. Even accused me of damaging doors etc after pick up, @rseholes. They will do the warranty work no problem but OMG, they are painful to deal with. Everything is my fault and at my inconvenience, no real aftersales. I have shown video evidence of my Satellite system not working, ie the box stalls out and the dish won’t raise. This is an intermittent fault, something they can’t seem to grasp. If they get it to work, then there in no issue. Left van with them for 7 days, no issue found even though I had shown proof. Five days at home, it worked fine, now, every day since, for the last 10 days, it has stalled each time. It will eventually work again, but when, who knows? Now they want me to take the van back to them (150 mile round trip) to have another look and maybe send the unit back to Maxview. I asked them to do that when they already had the van but they refused unless I paid for it if no fault found ( intermittent Oh Please!, what do they not understand) Now, they want to do this on the Maxview warranty after I sent more video evidence of the fault. I think “thick as shit” is the saying I would use, no thought whatsoever has gone into fault finding and analysis. Anyway, have told them to fook off until the season has ended because I have already wasted so much time. The van is great, we love it. PC is a great showroom with a nice accessory shop and most of the staff easy to deal with. But, as I said after sales and warranty is painful.

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2015
Issues found within 2 days of taking the Moho home. Fixed under warranty after a bit of a fight i.e. they accused me of damaging the fridge and wardrobe doors.

1. All pivot points on the habitation door electric step have been lubricated with speed of step extending adjusted.

2. Dampers have been fitted to the toilet fan to reduce the noise.

3.The slight binding on the toilet cassette door/frame has been adjusted.

4.The carpet at the nearside front has been adjusted and now fits properly.

5.The oily film found on the offside decal by the drivers door has been attended to.

6.Both the R/H and L/H lower wardrobe doors have been replaced.

7.The washroom door hanger that had come off has been attended to.

8.The fridge door panel has been replaced.

9.The wiring loom for the indicator issue has been fitted. Sargent advise that the software update is still in development at this time.

10. The Truma Technical representative inspected the water heater and replaced the element and thermostat.

11. Exposed staples on the roof have been covered. The sunroof frame has been located in the wrong place.

Nothing here is major but the Motorhome should never have left Autotrail in that condition and PC should have picked them up during the PDI which they quite clearly didn’t do.

Korgrocker

Free Member
Jan 22, 2019
Dunfermline
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 285 - 2018
Exp
Since 2013
I bought my first motorhome from them. But trade in deal offered by them was £6000 less than by a company in Preston, so I went there instead. Warranty work and servicing necessary so far has been done by Glasgow Motorhome Repair Centre. So far, so good.

Bdeners

Free Member
Jul 22, 2018
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
2014 Hobby 65 GE
Exp
Since May 2018
Visited last year to look at a possible purchase, you have to actually go as the web site is a joke with next to no info on any of their stock. After looking round the one we liked tried to speak to a salesman about price and possible extras being fitted by them, got replies like don’t know, will have to look into that, then followed by “I don’t really deal with used models” at that point I left. Eventually bought from Oaktree Motorhomes in Nottingham, great service and after sales. As per a previous poster I also get warranty/ service work done at the Scottish Motorhome Repair Centre, who unlike Perthshire actually value customers.
Get the impression they have had it too easy for too long,

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2015
Got a call at 3.45am this morning telling me my leisure battery was dying, it showed 4.4v Obviously, the tracker folks thought the van was being nicked. So, Perthshire caravans have had my MoHo for over a month to do warranty work. Looks like they have drained my battery. I let them know and they put it on EHU. Now I am getting alerts telling my my vehicle battery has totally died, shows 0v. Have they permanently damaged my batteries? Now they tell me to pick up my MoHo and take it back after Christmas because the part I need will not arrive before the 19th of December. They ordered it in May but tell me AT sent the wrong component. I don’t believe them and will be calling AT to check. Oh ma heid!

Attachments

• 0C153AEC-D7CE-4F59-AFBF-AF198DBE0B20.png
    0C153AEC-D7CE-4F59-AFBF-AF198DBE0B20.png
    241.3 KB · Views: 15

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back