Perthshire Caravans!!! (1 Viewer)

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Issues found within 2 days of taking the Moho home. Fixed under warranty after a bit of a fight i.e. they accused me of damaging the fridge and wardrobe doors.

1. All pivot points on the habitation door electric step have been lubricated with speed of step extending adjusted.

2. Dampers have been fitted to the toilet fan to reduce the noise.

3.The slight binding on the toilet cassette door/frame has been adjusted.

4.The carpet at the nearside front has been adjusted and now fits properly.

5.The oily film found on the offside decal by the drivers door has been attended to.

6.Both the R/H and L/H lower wardrobe doors have been replaced.

7.The washroom door hanger that had come off has been attended to.

8.The fridge door panel has been replaced.

9.The wiring loom for the indicator issue has been fitted. Sargent advise that the software update is still in development at this time.

10. The Truma Technical representative inspected the water heater and replaced the element and thermostat.

11. Exposed staples on the roof have been covered. The sunroof frame has been located in the wrong place.

Nothing here is major but the Motorhome should never have left Autotrail in that condition and PC should have picked them up during the PDI which they quite clearly didn’t do.
Shocking.

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Got a call at 3.45am this morning telling me my leisure battery was dying, it showed 4.4v Obviously, the tracker folks thought the van was being nicked. So, Perthshire caravans have had my MoHo for over a month to do warranty work. Looks like they have drained my battery. I let them know and they put it on EHU. Now I am getting alerts telling my my vehicle battery has totally died, shows 0v. Have they permanently damaged my batteries? Now they tell me to pick up my MoHo and take it back after Christmas because the part I need will not arrive before the 19th of December. They ordered it in May but tell me AT sent the wrong component. I don’t believe them and will be calling AT to check. Oh ma heid!
Again shocking attitude from your local dealer. I have been happy with every Frankia dealer that I have dealt with throughout Europe except SMC in England who are total rip-off merchants. :mad::mad::mad:

Euphony

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
3 years of weekending with the odd month here and there.
Sorry what ?
You are going to do me for not buying a british van ?????
No, just the randomness of your statement in the context of the thread, but you just troll away....:reel:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 28, 2017
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
And all the posts say how great these German/ continental vans are that I thought you would never need to visit a dealer !? Joking aside the leisure industry will never have the resources or network to be as efficient as the motor industry. My dealer will first and foremost only take in vans that they sold .For me it's perfect my service is booked 12 months in advance and any warranty or ad hoc work is booked in at agreed time .

Euro330

Banned
Aug 16, 2019
Carnoustie
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 640
Exp
About 5years
On my 2nd MoHo now. 1st was bought new from PC by my brother who I then bought it from at a year old.
On transfer to me my brother pointed out that he had never recieved a service book. He had tried from start to get one from PC on several occassions with no result.
After i had 6 months of constabtly requesting 1, and going in to request 1 it arrived in post.
No cover note explaining who it was from, no dealer stamp of selling agent, works carried out or PDI stamp. Completely blank.
That was in March 2015. When I bought the van I enquired about getting a Fiamma Canopy fitted. Not only was their quote the most expensive they could`nt do it until December 2015.
PC`s angle was from the start as everything is digitalised nowadays you dont need a service book!
Although thats not the point, my argument was in the future if I was selling it the prospective buyer would want to see hard copies/records and not have access to the digital records, albeit I had receipts. As it turned out that was the case when I sold it privately.
As pointed out by others, John and Kate are brilliant to deal with. Was in this week with a box of biccies for them.
In other ways PC is handy as they carry a good stock of vans and great to go and view then buy else where as I did, buying privately again.
PC in general have a terrible back-up / after sales service reputation, and some of the used vans we have viewed over the years I wouldnt house my goat in them (if i had a goat).

Mondo74

Free Member
Jun 24, 2021
Aberdeenshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin On Order
Pretty poor service from Perthshire Caravans. I ordered an Autotrail Adventure 65 back in June this year with expected delivery to be October. I had a couple of queries re the van but nobody appeared to want to talk to me. no less than 5 ignored emails, too many promises of a callback to remember and 3 public messages on their Facebook Page later, I finally got someone to talk to me (since the guy who took my £60,000 order didn't seem to want to). I asked my questions re motothome wi-fi, tow bar and if the delivery date was still on schedule. Two weeks later I got my response which was - Motorhome Wi-fi is £349 plus fitting. Nothing about tow bar, or delivery date.

I tried to get some follow up re these queries but eventually gave up and contacted Autotrail direct as it seemed to be a less painful option. They were great and answered all my queries, including stating that the van would be delayed until February or March 2022 at the earliest.

Fast forward a few weeks to early October and Perthshire were still claiming they hadn't had any update from Autotrail and therefor had no reason to believe the van wouldn't be ready for later that month. A couple of days later they suddenly said Autotrail had updated them to advise of the delay. Now, I'm pretty sure if Autotrail were able to tell me that my van would be delayed, they'd also be able to let the dealer know. I lost all faith in the communication skills and competence of Perthshire Caravans at that point and decided to look elsewhere.

A couple of days later, my order was in for an Adria Twin Sport 640 SLB from Dyce Caravans which, all going well (and I know things aren't going that well right now) the build date is February 2022 so it should be no later than the Autotrail would have been. Dyce Caravans were fabulous to deal with and I'm pretty gutted I didn't go there from the start (I had convinced myself I needed a rear lounge which the Adventure 65 offers but I've talked myself into the storage benefits of fixed beds). The Adria is also rated to 4300kg from the off so ne need to mess about with uprating.

Can't wait to get on the road with the Adria.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back