Personalised Plates - Mot History. (1 Viewer)

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
OK this is nothing more than pure nosiness!!!

About 15 months ago our MH was written off ( Cat D ) and eventually the salvage was sold. The new owner repaired the vehicle and put it back on the road, with new MOT , Tax etc and it showed up as such on the relevant databases.

About 6 months ago, it disappeared from the .gov databases and hasn't been seen since. So my question is, what would make this happen? If you put personalised plates on a vehicle, does it make the MOT history of the vehicle disappear under the old(original) registration number.
Also is there any other circumstances, exported, scrapped etc that would make this happen?
As I said, pure nosiness!! (n)(n)

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I've just checked a vehicle of mine which has a personal plate and the mot history shows for the years before and after the personal plate was assigned. Searching for the old registration number results in an invalid registration number message (or words to that effect). Hope this helps.

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
OK this is nothing more than pure nosiness!!!

About 15 months ago our MH was written off ( Cat D ) and eventually the salvage was sold. The new owner repaired the vehicle and put it back on the road, with new MOT , Tax etc and it showed up as such on the relevant databases.

About 6 months ago, it disappeared from the .gov databases and hasn't been seen since. So my question is, what would make this happen? If you put personalised plates on a vehicle, does it make the MOT history of the vehicle disappear under the old(original) registration number.
Also is there any other circumstances, exported, scrapped etc that would make this happen?
As I said, pure nosiness!! (n)(n)

Yes the vehicle's old / original Plate / M.O.T. history & Tax / Insurance status does disappear quite quickly after the new plates are advised to D.V.L.A. to be on the vehicle.

All this info is transferred to the new number plate.
The original plate info is then unsearchable.

Our last plates change to personalised took about 1 week to go off radar.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 10, 2016
hucknall
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero 712sb
Exp
10 years
we wondered why the bag of poo we where nearly conned into buying had disappeared from the database, was just interested if it flew(prob float with the amount of damp) through another mot.:rolleyes:

beware WA11 FEG is out there somewhere (n)

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Interesting, Got me curious, so My Odessa, is still active, the Pace Arrow has been off the road since 2011, but is on Sorn. However the biggest Mystery, The Little Smart Car is not Taxed, not MOT`d and NOT Sorned?. So? Personal Plate? or out of the UK?.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
But if the present owner sells it again and keeps their private plate the history will return to it's original plate as will the vehicle

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
The registration number is really only a visual identification that is linked to the vehicles VIN number, so whatever registration number is registered to the vehicle VIN at that time will bring up the vehicles history.

Martin

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
we wondered why the bag of poo we where nearly conned into buying had disappeared from the database, was just interested if it flew(prob float with the amount of damp) through another mot.:rolleyes:

beware WA11 FEG is out there somewhere (n)

The trouble is that reg number will not appear until someone transfers that number, :eek: Then the original number will show back on that motorhome. :)
Bob.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Our old Hymer came from Germany, and was first MOT'd on it's German plates. That caused all sorts of confusion, and big panic, because even though it was allocated a GB reg number, the German one is still listed on the MOT history.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
The registration number is really only a visual identification that is linked to the vehicles VIN number, so whatever registration number is registered to the vehicle VIN at that time will bring up the vehicles history.

Martin

We have had our plate on many vehicles motorhomes and cars since 1997 and it was on one that was wrote off, after the insurance company would not offer me the true value and them storing it for 4 months, we accepted an offer and kept the car, had it repaired cat C vosa inspection and back to normal, it was a very good car and they couldn't find me one. :rolleyes:
Anyway we gave it to one of our daughters, tranfered the plate and the original plate came back and new log book and it had the cat C on it. (y)
So who ever owns that motorhome it will be on the new log book what ever number it has.;) Bob.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back