Personal Thanks to Eddie "Vanbitz" Jones (1 Viewer)

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
All,

As you may be aware from another thread and from my BLOG, I managed to break Harvey over last weekend . I was not a happy camper, and Junior was decidedly chilly towards me.

Several people offered advice from the forum, and I thank you all too for your input, suggestions, and for not laughing too hard within my hearing.

As all my paulty efforts to even be able to investigate the problem had come to naught, I popped into VanBitz and Lyn volunteered Eddie's help . So at 08:30 this morning (okay, 08:45) Eddie arrived and duly set to work removing the remaining screws from the locker roof panel (whoops), and , then after a brief discussion, applied his weight to the problem and the panel became loose!

Quickly, Eddie spotted that one of the shear pins on the slide system had done its job and prevented major damage due to my carelessness. After a quick trip back to his office, (and the fielding of 15 phone calls), he re-appeared with a small selection of replacement items to try. The first pin was almost perfect except that it sheared when the slide reached its "fully in" position. The remnants were eventually removed, and a bolt inserted instead. This did the trick, but Eddie (or Mr Marvel as Junior now calls him) insisted we (he) change a second shear pin that was a little worse for wear. Once completed, the system was tested and locker panel re-fitted.

Not only did Eddie spend a couple of hours of his precious time working on the problem, he explained everything to me so that I understood it (i.e. slowly), and REFUSED payment!

Eddie, Thank you very much - you are a gentleman.

Papa "slide-enabled" Smurf, June, Junior, & Bitch

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Link Removed
That's got to be worth a keg of the finest ale Brian.

That's some recommendation and glad you got HARVEY fixed.:thumb:

Might be worth putting a recommendation in the reviews section for other people's reference.

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Guys. Glad to hear that everything is OK now. Your story about VanBitz going the extra mile is common place, they are a very professional company with an excellent reputation and stories like that abound. Seems like you broke it in the right place:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Glad you got sorted Brian - and how nice to see service like that which Eddie gave you.

Tell June that breaking Harvey doesn't get you out of the washing up because broken plates are easy to sort out :roflmto:

Graham

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Well we boys do have to stick together when we are in trouble with our womenfolk don't we:Smile:

Brian is too much of a Gent to tell you that he went straight out and procured a bottle of Captain Morgans finest for me:winky:

Cheers

Eddie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back