Rally Pershore Plum Festival + Malvern Follow on.20th-28th Aug.2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
just a thought and a query, to get into town is a gentle walk across fields the original post says, just wondering if it's accessible for a scooter or powerchair, ie, no stiles or whatever to clamber over, or is safe to use the road which presumably could be a longer less safer walk if there isn't a footpath?

hopefully i will have another much lighter, fold up powerchair just for the van, so if there is, hoping i can trundle along across the fields with others who could assist in lifting over obstacles if there are any (or steps), it only weighs the same as a sack of spuds so doesn't need too much muscle power, but may be beyond my capabilities..

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
just a thought and a query, to get into town is a gentle walk across fields the original post says, just wondering if it's accessible for a scooter or powerchair, ie, no stiles or whatever to clamber over, or is safe to use the road which presumably could be a longer less safer walk if there isn't a footpath?

hopefully i will have another much lighter, fold up powerchair just for the van, so if there is, hoping i can trundle along across the fields with others who could assist in lifting over obstacles if there are any (or steps), it only weighs the same as a sack of spuds so doesn't need too much muscle power, but may be beyond my capabilities..

There is conflict in the Booth household. SWMBO thinks that somewhere on the footpath there is either one step or something like a scaffold board on it's edge that needs to be stepped over at some point along the footpath route.
I, on the other hand feel that there is no such obstruction.

Having said that, there is an alternative route using small roads without resorting to the main road between Wyre Piddle and Pershore.
Have a look on Google maps. After entering Wyre Piddle in search, look at the road (Mill Lane) passing the boatyard. After it gets just past Wyre Mill Club the footpath commences but Mill Lane does a bit of right and goes directly up to the A4104 that is on the edge of Pershore. There are even estate roads running off Mill Lane which would reduce the distance further.

I will firm up on the footpath question before you arrive and be able to give you an authoritative answer.

Apr 20, 2012
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Camper van
Exp
1year 10 times
Hi thank you for the reminder we wanted to do this rally after being at Pershore last year just after festival looked interesting and a good event but other commitments took over so will let one of the reserves have the place, we may get there or a visit hope all enjoy and thanks for invite and you guys running the meet

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi thank you for the reminder we wanted to do this rally after being at Pershore last year just after festival looked interesting and a good event but other commitments took over so will let one of the reserves have the place, we may get there or a visit hope all enjoy and thanks for invite and you guys running the meet

Thank you for letting me know.
Regards

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Please may we and @cliffandger go on the reserve list if we aren’t already. Thank you

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi @Mousy (and @cliffandger),

I appreciate you've asked before and believe me, I would love to put you on a list, However;

We called a halt to any names being put on the list because we were swamped with names as soon as we put this on the Forum.

Since then a few Funsters have dropped out and those on the 'Reserve' list were elevated. I have posted elsewhere that I will once again ask for names after everyone who is on the list has paid (or not) the Deposit. I have asked that the Deposit be paid by 15th Jan at the latest.
So, immediately after 15th and I promise you that it won't be at one minute past Midnight on the 16th) I will be requesting 'New Names' for this rally. I'm trying to be scrupulously fair to everyone.
I can tell you that first off the mark will go straight on the list because there is at least one space.

I know it may seem as 'picky' but I wouldn't want the scenario where some Funster is sat on hands and playing by the rules and find that someone else has been accepted onto the list.
This is what I put on here on Monday,

"Wouldn't want any Funster missing their beauty sleep. Some of them have a serious need of it.

When I've given all those 'On the List' a chance to pay their deposits, I will post an Invite to join the list. Then it's every man woman, dog, alien for themselves. Watch this space (...............)<space
Cheers

Apr 20, 2012
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Camper van
Exp
1year 10 times
We declined and gave chance for someone else to have the place but could have attended Monday Tuesday if a 2 day vacancy comes up maybe someone wants the other days
Just a thought

Jul 24, 2014
North cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Symbol Auto
Exp
since 2010
Don't think I will have a chance to get on this trip, still hoping for cancellations though. Please put me on list of reserves. Thank you.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Don't think I will have a chance to get on this trip, still hoping for cancellations though. Please put me on list of reserves. Thank you.

Hi Beemobile,

I will be asking for names today. Everyone will get the same chance. (Shiftwork permitting)
Until then, no list, no names.
Regards

Jul 24, 2014
North cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Symbol Auto
Exp
since 2010
I still would like to come but have to go out today and I don't have a phone/internet to keep in touch with, gutted but that's how it is.

TrebleH

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto, Iveco
Would like to be added to reserve list if possible, very interested, please let us know. Thanks.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
First two names after this post get to go straight on the list to attend.
After that, the names go on the Reserve list.

Ready Steady Go!!!

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Me and cliff and ger please

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
I’ve been watching all afternoon - just dished up tea - and have missed it!

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
I’ve been watching all afternoon - just dished up tea - and have missed it!

Ger, I’ve think we have a place on the main list and 1st reserve. So you have the confirmed place and we will go on the reserve list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back