Rally Pershore Plum Festival+Malvern 'Follow on' 19th-27thAugust2019 (1 Viewer)

tonyandcarol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2016
Spilsby Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Niesman bischoff Fla
Exp
since 2005
Hi Derek I am a little confused it says you can fish from the site and rally field on the site web site but what do you mean if it feasible I was hoping to do some fishing at the rally I will need to know if I have been wasting my time and money preparing my gear and dont want to load it in the motorhome for nothing do i need to speak to the site owner myself. I am not a novice angler

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi Derek I am a little confused it says you can fish from the site and rally field on the site web site but what do you mean if it feasible I was hoping to do some fishing at the rally I will need to know if I have been wasting my time and money preparing my gear and dont want to load it in the motorhome for nothing do i need to speak to the site owner myself. I am not a novice angler

It's not the case of whether you are novice or not. The site owner is also the owner of fishing rights alongside the rally field. I understand he would like anglers to have a word with him because, whilst it may be possible to fish, there has to be some appreciation that it is also a place where boats are moored up. I suppose what I am saying is, Just have a word with John.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Isn’t there fishing points on the other side of the river.
Or is that somewhere else I’ve been.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Isn’t there fishing points on the other side of the river.
Or is that somewhere else I’ve been.

I wouldn't know how to get to the other side of the river (other than swim or borrow a dinghy). The nearest crossing point is on the other side of Pershore. There are places on the river between the end of Mill Lane where there is a CS owned by the Wyre Mill Club and Pershore but I don't know who owns the fishing rights to that stretch of water.

tonyandcarol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2016
Spilsby Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Niesman bischoff Fla
Exp
since 2005
It's not the case of whether you are novice or not. The site owner is also the owner of fishing rights alongside the rally field. I understand he would like anglers to have a word with him because, whilst it may be possible to fish, there has to be some appreciation that it is also a place where boats are moored up. I suppose what I am saying is, Just have a word with John.
Hi Derek I understand I thought it would be the mooted boats I would only be fishing in the evening when it was not as busy I will bring my gear and speak to John

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
I wouldn't know how to get to the other side of the river (other than swim or borrow a dinghy). The nearest crossing point is on the other side of Pershore. There are places on the river between the end of Mill Lane where there is a CS owned by the Wyre Mill Club and Pershore but I don't know who owns the fishing rights to that stretch of water.

Or borrow Duchess’s dog for a tow?

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
If the water looks nice I might even have a swim! Only when no one's looking though.

Have you heard of Weil's disease Sandra, its is a severe form of leptospirosis and is found in most canals and rivers where rats are prevalent. I think Id keep my kit on if I were you.:rolleyes:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Have you heard of Weil's disease Sandra, its is a severe form of leptospirosis and is found in most canals and rivers where rats are prevalent. I think Id keep my kit on if I were you.:rolleyes:
I have been swimming in open water since the spring and Jenben for couple years, no problems so far. Here we are enjoying a lovely swim in Brittany in a few weeks ago.
20190711_080408.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
For the information of any of the attendees to the Pershore Plum Festival Rally at Wyre Piddle.

Should you have reason to ring/text us (in case of breakdowns etc) our Telephone No. is 07851 643026

Regards
Derek and Mary Booth

Last edited:
OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Re the subject of 27 TUG ie Andy and Heather in an A Class Rapido who is apparently at Malvern (just in case someone there knows him)

He has a place on offer at Pershore but has not responded to a Conversation started last night.

I have sent him a further 'Conversation' giving him/her/them 24hrs to get in touch, after which the offer of a place will be removed.

I am not posting this with any animosity but the others on the Reserve List must have the opportunity, (if offered) to attend.

Apr 12, 2018
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
Hi Emmit sorry just seen your message as I didn’t get a place I made other arrangements now and paid money for booking to IOW sorry but thought there was not any chance but put us on the list for next time thanks again for kind offer Andy & Heather

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Thank you. There is also a Conversation, All Ports Bulletin, FBI 'Most Wanted' List to cancel but thank you anyway. Three down two Funsters to go.
Anybody seen Philand Mena and somewhat bizarrely, "The Partridge Family, They still have a chance to go on this rally.

Regards
Derek

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Hi Derek,
The Partridge Family are our next door neighbours. I know they can't go on this rally as they have just got a new puppy and she hasn't had all her injections yet so can't be walked outside yet or be around other dogs.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi Derek,
The Partridge Family are our next door neighbours. I know they can't go on this rally as they have just got a new puppy and she hasn't had all her injections yet so can't be walked outside yet or be around other dogs.
"""I think I Love you"""" Good Eh!!!
I assume you mean at home (where you never are) The one made of straw, wood, bricks etc.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Yes we're at home at the moment and our next door neighbours surname is Partridge. I gifted them a subscription to MHFun so got to chose their forum name with the proviso they could change it if they wanted. Suspect they may change it soon to something to do with their new doggie.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Yes we're at home at the moment and our next door neighbours surname is Partridge. I gifted them a subscription to MHFun so got to chose their forum name with the proviso they could change it if they wanted. Suspect they may change it soon to something to do with their new doggie.

Anne, Thank you for any intervention you have made in this regard. The family have been in touch.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I will go let PhilandMena know.

PS Phil is now aware, still in his undercrackers.?
Hahaha. Love that term, you missed a trick there Ken, there pink ones too. Anyway, many, many kind thanks for coming over in that shitty weather to advise me of the offer. Makes me feel a tad guilty about conning you out of the Gaslow filler cap.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
CHARITY RAFFLE AND BOOK STALL AT PERSHORE

Could we make a final reminder to all Funsters attending the Plum Festival Rally to bring something suitable for a Raffle Prize. We already have several decent items on 'The Table' and any money raised will be added to our donation to Prostate Cancer UK. As usual, the Hobby is groaning with boxes of good paperbacks that we are selling, again for the benefit of PCUK. If any of you have any good clean paperbacks or DVD's as they have become popular on rallies we have attended.
We look forward to seeing and siting you on Monday,

Regards
Derek and Mary
Malcolm and Teresa

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread