Rally PERSHORE PLUM FESTIVAL. AVON BANK MEADOWS, MONDAY 23RD AUGUST TO TUESDAY 31ST AUGUST 2021 (2 Viewers)

Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp

THE ATTENDANCE LIST
FOR THIS EVENT IS FULL
WE ARE TAKING NAMES FOR A RESERVE LIST

Greetings All,

Location: Avon Bank Meadows Campsite, Mill Lane, Wyre Piddle, Worcestershire. WR10 2JF
This is a Caravan and Motorhome Club CL. with a field. The field has EHU and an aerial socket (TV reception without this is not the best).

Avon Bank was awarded the Caravan and Motorhome Club CL of the Year 2018.
It's beside the River Avon which is navigable. Fishing is available from the site. Boating/kayaking/canoeing are also allowed from the site.

The event starts at 12noon on Monday 23rd August 2021
finishing at 11.00am Tuesday 31st August 2021.
THIS IS AN 8 NIGHT RALLY.

The Cost for the event is £104 to Include your Pitch with EHU.

Wyre Piddle is within easy walking distance, where there is a pub, and buses to nearby towns.
Pershore is a flat, pleasant, one mile walk through meadows. Pershore has an ASDA and numerous shops, bars and cafes.

Facilities: Although a basic site, Avon Bank has EHU for each attendee, TV Aerial sockets, and there are several water taps around the site. There are laundry facilities.
Access: Double gates from Mill Lane direct into Wyre Boatyard. Gravel driveway leading to the Field.
Dogs: Dogs are welcome. They must be on leads or tethered on the field. There is ample provision for exercise off the site.
Generators: As there is EHU for all, No generators please.
Pop up Gazebos. These will be accepted, providing they are not used as a space for Social Gatherings.

Regarding Social events taking place at the event, we will be adhering to the Rules prevalent at the time.

We will be contacting the below Attendees to provide them with Bank Details for them to provide a Deposit and Final Payment details.
Do not send payment to any previously published Bank details. I will not accept any responsibility should this occur and I do not receive the money.

N.B. We appreciate that in a small number of cases there may be Funsters who have to cancel. The Final Payment will be repaid if that place is filled by someone on the Reserve List. Otherwise £10 will be forfeited and that money will go to Charity.

At this time we have not been able to ascertain as to whether the 'Pershore Plum Festival' will be going ahead, taking place at nearby Pershore but we will be bringing the Cornish Skittles and no doubt there will be other 'stuff' taking place for the enjoyment of all.
We will bringing our collection of Good, Clean, (Condition if not content) Paperbacks which will be on sale in Aid of Prostate Cancer UK

PLEASE NOTE

ADULT ONLY

This Rally is 'Adults Only.' The River Avon runs alongside the site and is deep. The site itself is Adult Only..
There is no objection to a child visiting with 'Day Visitors.'

THIRD PARTY BOOKINGS
I will not be accepting bookings from 'Third Parties' on this event. If you wish to attend with a mate, you will both, (or more) have to book in your own name.

Regards

Derek and Mary AKA Emmit

List of Attendees

01. Emmit Derek and Mary Stewards
02. Damelza Malcolm and Teresa Stewards

03. Broken Link Removed Sue Fully Paid *
04. TheBig1 Fully Paid
05. Broken Link Removed Andy and Jacs Fully Paid*
06. Broken Link Removed Alb and Elaine FullyPaid*
07. Beacons Jan and Mike £20 Dep. Paid *
08. Broken Link Removed Jim and Lyn Fully Paid*
09. Broken Link Removed June and Jeff Fully Paid*
10.Dave+Adele er Dave and Adele Dep. Paid *
11. quickweh Pauline and Mike Fully Paid
12. Allen / Debbie 'er Allen and Debbie Fully Paid F17OXB C Awn.
13. Broken Link Removed Brian and Val Department Fully Paid*
14. gozomike Mike Fully Paid
15. Broken Link Removed Chris and Tracy Fully Paid*
16. Chocy boy John and Jackie Dep. Paid*
17. Broken Link Removed Mike and Rose Fully Paid*
18. Broken Link Removed Cliff and Geraldine Fully Paid*
19. Broken Link Removed Geoff and Carol Fully Paid*
20. Broken Link Removed Lorraine and Mike Fully Paid*
21. Broken Link Removed Stan and Sheila Fully Paid *
22. Floydster Paul Fully Paid EO68 CKY UK
23. Broken Link Removed Mick and Pam Fully Paid*
25. Carpmart Harvey and Serina C4 RPH Cont. Fully Paid
26. jonsea Jon Dep. Paid*
26. lunarman John and Ange Fully Paid *
27. walburga Allen and Eileen Dep. Paid*
28. Hems Steve and Karen Dep. Paid*
29. John W John and Brenda Fully Paid V10 WOR Cont.
30. Portland June and Derek Fully Paid

RESERVE LIST

Bough
Can we go on the reserve list please, I will not be booking anything until we know we have not been added to the main list, thanks, Mike & Joan

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Can we go on the reserve list please, I will not be booking anything until we know we have not been added to the main list, thanks, Mike & Joan
You are on at No. 2 Good luck.

Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
Hy, was just wondering how your list is getting, we are at Shrewsbury and our next door people have said they had to cancel, Our fingers crossed.
Regards, Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I am waiting for the No. 1 on the list Bough to my invitation to attend. Watch this space>>>>> (space) <<<<<
Regards
Derek

PS. If he doesn't respond I'll be back to you on Tuesday.

Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
Have just paid the full amount of £104 for the Pershore Plum rally. Thanks, Joan and Mike Ledger

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Sorry Derek, as on the PM, I have to reluctantly cancel my booking

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
We are currently at Avon Bank Meadows enjoying the Funster event, "A Week at Wyre Piddle"

Recently we have restricted the attendees to 30 units because the vans are getting bigger and there has been a huge increase in the use of Quest type gazebo's.

However, whether we are getting better at siting vans or the boundary's at Avon Bank Meadows have expanded but we seem to have loads of room this week.

As a result we are increasing the capacity to Thirty Three units.

We therefore have three places up for grabs.
You can ignore the fact that we have a Reserve. We are having an OUIJI board session to get in touch with Bough who asked to come but has resisted all attempts to contact him/her/them.

Apr 14, 2017
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Benimar Melio 286
Exp
45 years +
Hi we would like to book a place on Pershore Plum rally if space is available. This will be our first one except for Norwich motorhome show.
Thanks Alan

Hope I put this in the correct place

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2017
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Benimar Melio 286
Exp
45 years +
Julie James here.
I've just contacted the bank to retrieve the payment and they have asked for the details of where it should have been sent.
Could you please send me the payment details for the Pershore Rally so that I can get the money we sent refunded and send you a deposit.
It isn't very easy to find these details.
Many thanks.

Mar 4, 2021
Truro, UK
Funster No
MH
swift sundance
Exp
2011-2013 and 2020 until now
Hi Emmit John lunarman said there was a possibility that you had vacancies again for the plum festival if that is the case would you squeeze us in from Monday 23rd to 26th 4 nights 🙏 😊

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
We are attending Malvern and would like to go on the reserve list please. Coincidently we are staying here two nights before Malvern. Cheers

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Julie James here.
I've just contacted the bank to retrieve the payment and they have asked for the details of where it should have been sent.
Could you please send me the payment details for the Pershore Rally so that I can get the money we sent refunded and send you a deposit.
It isn't very easy to find these details.
Many thanks.
Julie,
You have a Conversation.
Basically, the money you sent to MHF has been forwarded to me.
You have paid for the event and there is no further action you need to take.

Regards
Derek

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi Emmit John lunarman said there was a possibility that you had vacancies again for the plum festival if that is the case would you squeeze us in from Monday 23rd to 26th 4 nights 🙏 😊
We DID? expand the attendance list but those places were taken very quickly.

I am taking names for a Reserve List BUT only for the whole period of the event, ie 8 nights.

Regrards

Derek aka Emmit

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Morning All,

Just an update re this event.

For those who have recently joined us in this event (and for those who didn't in the first place???)
Thanks to a change in policy, WE NO LONGER REQUIRE TRACK AN TRACE FORMS!!!
Could I also ask that you check your entry on the attendees list and inform me if; You intend to use a Quest type pop up or a traditional type Awning and your entry does not reflect this.
A wind out, typical motorhome canopy does not count, (Unless you intend to fit sides, making it a safari room.)

Regards

Derek

Sep 18, 2017
N. Lincs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2014
Morning Derek,

We would like to put up a 4 sided Quest please. Our entry doesn’t show this.

Thanks
Steve

Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
Hi Derek and Mary

We are down as having a quest pop-up (Q), but dependant on the weather we also have smart panels for our wind out awning, but not a full safari room, but of course it won't rain at Pershore! 🤞 :LOL::LOL:🌦️☔🌈

Cheers

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Hi Derek , we shall be using Amanda's safe haven (6sided quest pop up) again if that's ok . .
Also if we are so lucky to get the same weather as last week we shall be using our sun blockers on our wind out awning.
Kind regards Kate x
Counting down the days 💕

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi Derek and Mary

We are down as having a quest pop-up (Q), but dependant on the weather we also have smart panels for our wind out awning, but not a full safari room, but of course it won't rain at Pershore! 🤞 :LOL::LOL:🌦️☔🌈

Cheers
Thanks for that. I won't put your rig on the OP but if you could remind me when you arrive I will give the space necessary should you put up something more substantial than a wind out.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi Derek , we shall be using Amanda's safe haven (6sided quest pop up) again if that's ok . .
Also if we are so lucky to get the same weather as last week we shall be using our sun blockers on our wind out awning.
Kind regards Kate x
Counting down the days 💕
Where you're going (in the corner???) I won't have a problem. But thank you anyway.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Hi Derek yes our entry is correct. What I would like to know is what is the best way to get to the site, from Pershore or from Wyre Piddle?

John

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
To lunarman

John,

And, as if by magic, I give you the Video recorded by Grumps147.

Broken Link Removed

I suggest you run it in it's entirety, However, on running it again stop the vid. at 8secs.
That will give you the map of the area.
If you are travelling from Pershore itself, you will be travelling out, Northwards on the A4104.
After about 3/4mile out of the Town Centre, you will come to a set of Traffic Lights, indicating
a right turn to Wyre Piddle. Turn Right here. (New housing estate to left of lights)
If you are travelling this route, you can ignore the vid. (because Grumps is travelling from the North West on the A44)
until it gets to 1 Min 15secs. At this point you are coming to the roundabout that Grumps is
approaching (you are coming in on the right (on the road) Its's Wyre Road. Grumps is on the B4083.

It is at this point that you will be met with signage that warns of dire consequences that if you
are following Sat Nav, it will be wrong. IGNORE THE TRAFFIC SIGNS!!!
From this point watch the vid. and follow Grumps.

If you are coming from the East, follow the A44 until you pick up the Wyre Piddle sign.

In addition to the above, here is what I sent to the attendees for 'A Week at Wyre Piddle"
(No Funsters admitted to getting lost en route.)

It's the evening before arrival day at Avon Bank.

Those of you who have been to this campsite before can switch off.

I wish to address those who have never been to Wyre Piddle before.

"The thing is, a few years ago, the powers that be discovered that the road bridge over
the railway line at THE EAST END of the village was too weak for vehicular traffic
and as a consequence banned traffic from using it.

The result is that Wyre Piddle became a village with a "One Way In, One Way Out"

The consequence of that is that, when you have set your Sat Nav to get to Avon Bank
it WILL direct you to the village the correct way, IE via the WEST END.

Thing is, at the WEST END of the village, they've put up signs that warn you of impending
doom should you go further. Those signs have been there years.

IGNORE THOSE SIGNS and follow your Sat Nav. into the village.

After a couple of hundred yds. the road tightens (not helped by a local who parks there)
If you look closely on the Offside of the road you will see a Motorhome Fun 'Nameplate'
with an Arrow indicating a Right turn.

At this point there is an ancient stone cross. Turn sharp right at this point and into Church Street.
Continue to the end of the houses and beware, the road twists through two blind bends.

At the end of that, you will see signs for Avon Bank Meadows and the entry to the Boatyard
on the left.
Go through the yard and on into the Avon Bank Meadows Campsite.

If you encounter any problems, please feel free to ring me on 07851643026"

Regards

Emmit

Nov 14, 2009
Pagham Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Hymer exsis T688
Exp
Hi Derek and Mary ,Any chance of going on the reserve list as i have just managed to get a motorhomefun ticket for Malvern Regards Tommy

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Can you add a ‘Q’ to our details please! (y)

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Hi Derek We will be using pop up. Thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun