Rally Pershore Plum Festival 2020 24/8 to 1/9/20 (THE FESTIVAL NOW CANCELLED BUT NOT THE RALLY!)!) (4 Viewers)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Thank you to Emmit & team for the excellent drinks & chocs delivery service yesterday afternoon (y) - lovely afternoon & evening with many hours of friendly SD chats between Funsters in the field as the sun set :sun:
Hear hear.
Thanks Derek and "The Team". 👍

Unfortunately no :sun: now, only lots of ☔

Cheers,

Jock. & Rita. 🙂

Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
IMG_20200827_111825.jpg

canopus Where are you Ken? Your boat's here, socially distanced across the Avon.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Well we had a lovely start to the day - sorry for those we didn’t get around to telling, but it will be on every morning whether permitting, so come and join us ....

Firstly we had a warm up with my Little Pocket Rocket Mate quickweh Pauline, and then we had a half hour (ish) workout with Beni’s own Hunk - Handsome Julio!

We still had enough air in our lungs at the end of the session...

244E1A93-49DA-4031-8BBD-6C59AAD7D257.jpeg

6DE4942A-F3E0-4659-988D-F3DD36822667.jpeg

The Hoolahoops have also made an appearance, and Chocy boy Jackie is systematically clearing Argos warehouses of hoops as we speak! :rofl:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
A big thanks to Emmit Mary and Derek and Damelza Teresa and Malcolm for the drinks delivery yesterday, as has been said earlier, it led to a lovely evening chatting outside the vans as the sun went down.

We are in the middle of a spell of ‘liquid sunshine’, but as Annie said ‘The sun will come out tomorrow ...’
and if not, there’s always the Anchor Inn .. :giggle:

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Thanks Emmit &Mary, Teresa & Malcolm for the choclates and cider they went down a treat with our curry ,had a lovely time . sitting out weather was great didn't go in til after 10.30 last night. .
Weather not good now but giving us a chance to catch up on some TV .

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
it is so nice to be geting a feeling of some sort of normality back into our lives especially being here with Fun at Pershore ,thankyou so much Derek &Mary for running this rally .
As most of you know we had been shielding with Amanda since late February. We had been to Shrewsbury showground a few times with friends , having the motorhome keeping safe throughout .I had to go into hospital for a procedure which was scarey enough without having to cope with the covid being around as well .
It's been great to be here and also to get out and about in our car . We were brave enough early wednesday morning to venture to the indoor market here for Bill's faggots and the lovely Indian food . No one about only the odd market stall holder we were the only customers there. Yesterday we tried again early morning to have a look round but it was so busy we decided it just wasn't safe enough for us.

It's so easy to get complacent and just forget that this covid is still out there.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
We are having a lovely time despite the weather. We did a circular walk through Tiddesley woods as recommended by Mike quickweh , it was nearer to 10 miles than 7 though by the time we got back and we were a bit soggy!
Lovely evening with Lyn and Jim Jimbohorlicks and learnt a lot about the space station. Lyn has taught me to hula as well, she’s an expert.
So pleased we asked to come.

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Let’s go to Worcester today says Mrs Carpmart. Reluctant agreement from me, despite the horrendous weather forecast!

Two miles stroll to Pershore station (caution if you’re walking as there is a section of national speed limit road with no footpath) and GWR bang on time, 16 mins to Worcester city centre and then the heavens open. The Cathedral is very impressive. Shops are okay...

Bite to eat then a three and a half mile route march round trip to the fishing tackle shop for me (got to try and catch a couple of fish after Tony’s impressive haul yesterday) all while Mrs C enjoys a couple of cidres over a much more leisurely lunch than I enjoyed! 🤦‍♂️

Still raining when we get the GWR service back to Pershore... called three taxi firms, no taxis so we set off walking back to Avonbank. The rain walking back (still no footpath) was best described as Biblical... 22k steps, a proper soaking but very enjoyable none the less.

Planning on fishing for the next two days now... R&R all the way! Hope you’ve all had a great day too?

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
We are having a lovely time despite the weather. We did a circular walk through Tiddesley woods as recommended by Mike quickweh , it was nearer to 10 miles than 7 though by the time we got back and we were a bit soggy!
Lovely evening with Lyn and Jim Jimbohorlicks and learnt a lot about the space station. Lyn has taught me to hula as well, she’s an expert.
So pleased we asked to come.

Ask her to teach you owl-speak. :)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Let’s go to Worcester today says Mrs Carpmart. Reluctant agreement from me, despite the horrendous weather forecast!

Two miles stroll to Pershore station (caution if you’re walking as there is a section of national speed limit road with no footpath) and GWR bang on time, 16 mins to Worcester city centre and then the heavens open. The Cathedral is very impressive. Shops are okay...

Bite to eat then a three and a half mile route march round trip to the fishing tackle shop for me (got to try and catch a couple of fish after Tony’s impressive haul yesterday) all while Mrs C enjoys a couple of cidres over a much more leisurely lunch than I enjoyed! 🤦‍♂️

Still raining when we get the GWR service back to Pershore... called three taxi firms, no taxis so we set off walking back to Avonbank. The rain walking back (still no footpath) was best described as Biblical... 22k steps, a proper soaking but very enjoyable none the less.

Planning on fishing for the next two days now... R&R all the way! Hope you’ve all had a great day too?
Four of us left the site at 09.45, caught the X50 to Worcester at 10.25, and arrived in the city centre 35 minutes later. Rita and Carol went shopping, whilst Tony and I had a walk along by the Severn.

IMG_20200828_111832.jpg
IMG_20200828_111839.jpg

We then had a quick pint whilst waiting for the girls to join us for a spot of lunch.
With the girls all shopped out, we caught the X50 back to Pershore, whereupon Carol phoned for a taxi to bring us back to the site, nice and dry after an enjoyable day out. 👍

Cheers,

Jock. 🙂

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Four of us left the site at 09.45, caught the X50 to Worcester at 10.25, and arrived in the city centre 35 minutes later. Rita and Carol went shopping, whilst Tony and I had a walk along by the Severn.

View attachment 420039View attachment 420040

We then had a quick pint whilst waiting for the girls to join us for a spot of lunch.
With the girls all shopped out, we caught the X50 back to Pershore, whereupon Carol phoned for a taxi to bring us back to the site, nice and dry after an enjoyable day out. 👍

Cheers,

Jock. 🙂

haha - look at the picture I took too!!
2A187825-5CF0-4E66-8466-FBF7BF23B17A.jpeg

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
We still have very valuable prizes to be claimed in our Star Raffle.
Come to our van ans and see if you're a winner

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Arrived home after a very easy run, very little traffic. Thank you very much to Mary and Derek Emmit , also Theresa and Malcolm. We had a fun week meeting up with friends old and new. Lovely walks, meals out, what more could you want.

Washing machine on, off to Waitrose to get the ingredients for a roast for my “baby” before he heads back to Uni, he’s only 24 so how will he manage ! There were 3 hulking great brutes still here when we got home and all the recycling bins are full so I suppose he will be OK much like his siblings were!

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Huge thank you to Derek, Mary, Teresa and Malcolm for all their hard work in organising yet another great Pershore meet. We had a lovely time despite the weather and Covid restrictions. Don't know where you 4 get your energy from but I'm glad you do. (y)
:dogthanks:

May 7, 2019
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2015
Arrived home safe and sound after an uneventful journey back up north, sorry we had to leave so soon.
Maria and I had a lovely time at Avonbanks met up with some old friends and familiar faces and also made some new friends.. we had lots of fun and Maria definitely had the luck of the Irish winning no less than 7 raffle prizes not to mention the bonus ball, normally we couldn't win an argument.
Thanks to everyone for making us so welcome and a very special thanks Derek, Mary, Malcolm and Teresa for all their hard work it really is appreciated.
Thanks for fabulous few days and can't wait till the next time, have a safe and uneventful journey home.

John n Maria..... and the Schnauzers

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun