Rally Pershore Plum Festival 2020 24/8 to 1/9/20 (THE FESTIVAL NOW CANCELLED BUT NOT THE RALLY!)!) (2 Viewers)

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
:( Emmit Derek what is the spacing between units on this field? I presume it's dictated by the spacing of the EHU points this may affect the ability to even use a roll out canopy or a fixed awning?

Edit: Emmit Derek
looks like in your last post that this is the real issue

Spacing is an issue. COVID and Social distancing is an issue. Those two issues are not be taken in any particular order that you see written on here.
Jim beat me to it re the rally Marshall diagram. Awnings do count in the 6m rule ;)

I did allude in my posting that I ran previous rallies without knowing the spacing rules as it applied to Gazebo's
Jim's posting makes it more important than ever that in the case of Avon Bank, Gazebo's are restricted.
A future rally will NOT HAVE 35 vans attending.

Further to that Jim has posted
"Regular windout awnings are not calculated, except when they are facing, there should be 3m between them. Door facing makes no difference to spacing."

So it would appear that awnings unless on facing doors do not count in the 6mts rule.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi Derek according to Jim 's View attachment 413065 it clearly shows that roll-outs, slide-outs and tents contravene the 6m rule where the vans are parked 6m apart and there should be at least 8m between units to comply. What is the spacing between the EHU points. If this is less than 8m then no awnings whatsoever can be used.

Hi Vin,
I appreciate that you haven't visited Avon Bank before. Please correct me if I'm wrong. In essence try to block from your mind a traditional campsite. This is a triangular field with EHU's of varying numbers on each side. In addition there are two fixed posts in the middle of the field giving additional EHU outlets.
Have a look at the aerial photo's on the 2019 'Pershore Plum Rally for a visual aide.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
John,
If that means that fixes near to the roof and extends outwards, Yes providing that you do not attach sides to it. (This year)
I did mean my Kampa full awning. No worries, I will leave it at home.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Regular windout awnings are not calculated, except when they are facing, there should be 3m between them. Door facing makes no difference to spacing

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
So what's the difference at Pershore? We are all "old friends", after all we all belong to the same club. I don't understand how you can seperate the two. Jim is just concerned about seperation for insurance reasons, not for social distancing, although I am aware that this is also important to everyone. But it seems it doesn't apply to old friends on certain sites. o_O

You are not grasping the concept of what I said.
At a Motorhome Fun Rally one will see a lot of people one has met before. You commented, paraphrasing me, "We are all Old Friends," But we're not. There are people attending this rally that you or I have never met. You then said, "after all we all belong to the same club" Yes we are all members of Fun but I refer you to my previous sentence. There are people attending Pershore that you and I have never met.
Compare that to a CL. One is unlikely to happen to come across a mate, (Yes I know it does happen but that is happenstance)

There is a natural inclination to be more friendly, be more socially open with someone who is known.

That is why, in this case there is a bigger chance of people socially interacting. Look I'll be blunt. I have to pitch, (no pun intended) this because there are people on here, Yes on Fun, just as there are in society as a whole who, unless I spell it out in words of one syllable , WOULD use their Gazebo's for meetings.
Jim, I have met you, you are a responsible person as are others. However, I have to look at the wider picture and as a result someone will suffer albeit in a minor way.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Emmit Unfortunately we will not now be able to attend this event. We have builders who want to start that week and we need to be here. So it good news for the top of the reserve list.

John

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Thank you for letting me know.
We hope your building work goes trouble free.

Regards
Derek

Jan 18, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670SLS
Exp
A long time
Looks like it is all quiet on the front again😅
Really looking forward to a great time at this rally. Our 3rd time at Wyre Piddle.
All we need now is the weather to be on our side 😎👍

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
For the attention of all Attendees to Avon Bank Meadows for the Pershore Rally.

I have received a representation from Ambilkate with regard to the erection of a Gazebo/ Pop Up.

As a result, I have been in contact with the owners of the site, John and Lisa.
It has been agreed and accepted that Amanda, (and her parents) require addition personal space.
As a result, they will be allowed to erect their gazebo at the site for their personal use.

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
Emmit. Sorry Derek and Mary, sadly we have to cancel attending your Pershore Rally. Thanks for all the effort you have put into this and hope that the weather stays good for you all and seriously hope to attend next year when things will have possibly returned to normal.
Best regards
Jo and Vin

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Emmit. Sorry Derek and Mary, sadly we have to cancel attending your Pershore Rally. Thanks for all the effort you have put into this and hope that the weather stays good for you all and seriously hope to attend next year when things will have possibly returned to normal.
Best regards
Jo and Vin
At this rate Vin social distancing will be a doddle 👍
Hope your both well.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
For the attention of all Attendees to Avon Bank Meadows for the Pershore Rally.

I have received a representation from Ambilkate with regard to the erection of a Gazebo/ Pop Up.

As a result, I have been in contact with the owners of the site, John and Lisa.
It has been agreed and accepted that Amanda, (and her parents) require addition personal space.
As a result, they will be allowed to erect their gazebo at the site for their personal use.
Thankyou Derek & Mary, can you pass on our thanks and appreciation to John and Lisa for understanding Amanda's needs and our situation , Didnt know if we could cope in the van for a week as the pop up is her safe space environment and encourages her to chat to others and still keep her social distancing . Fun has always been Amanda's safe haven and gave her so much to look forward to so thankyou , we couldn't really see that it could still be possible in these covid times.
Kate &Bill x

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Transferred Balance this Am. Many thanks Jan.
Beacons.

Sep 21, 2018
Heywood
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Hi

This may be a silly question but are there any spaces left for this as we would love to come if not how many are on the reserve list and can you add us please thank Sharon stillnew to this meet thing

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi

This may be a silly question but are there any spaces left for this as we would love to come if not how many are on the reserve list and can you add us please thank Sharon stillnew to this meet thing

Thank you.
You have a 'Conversation' (Top of page on Right, Red Flag next to Envelope)

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Good Afternoon Attendees,

This COVID gets to get into nooks and crannies of a Rally in ways that you wouldn't be able to imagine.

One of the events that we run at the Pershore Rally that seemed, (note the past tense) to meet with everyone's approval was the Cornish Cream Tea.

You Funsters that have been, will know that we have a rather good Social to accompany the Scone Cream and Jam. (not necessarily in that order)

Well, We are not allowed to have a social where we can all sit down and have a good natter and now we have learned that the Ladies, (Mary and Teresa) are not allowed to portion out the Cornish Clotted Cream.

I'm afraid therefore that the Cream Tea has also gone off the menu.

HOWEVER, WE HAVE IN MIND AN ALTERNATIVE THAT WILL COMPLY WITH ALL THE BLESSED??? RULES.

Last edited:

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Good Afternoon Attendees,

This COVID gets to get into nooks and crannies of a Rally in ways that you wouldn't be able to imagine.

One of the events that we run at the Pershore Rally that seemed, (note the past tense) to meet with everyone's approval was the Cornish Cream Tea.

You Funsters that have been, will know that we have a rather good Social to accompany the Scone Cream and Jam. (not necessarily in that order)

Well, We are not allowed to have a social where we can all sit down and have a good natter and now we have learned that the Ladies, (Mary and Teresa) are not allowed to portion out the Cornish Clotted Cream.

I'm afraid therefore that the Cream Tea has also gone off the menu.

HOWEVER, WE HAVE IN MIND AN ALTERNATIVE THAT WILL COMPLY WITH ALL THE BLESSED??? RULES.
Well just make the best of what we have so no worries 🙂

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
TRACK AND TRACE FORM

I've noticed that several attendees have already filled out the 'Track and Trace' Form
initiated by Jim. However, a reminder to those who have recently joined us for Pershore
and the others who will, "Get around to it" wouldn't go amiss.

In order to go to any Rally run by Fun, you have to fill out a Form so that, if the worst
happens you can be contacted by the Authorities. IT IS A REQUIREMENT THAT THIS FORM BE SUBMITTED

Go to "Rally Planning and look for Jim's Post "
COVID19 and MotorhomeFun Rallies

On that post there is link to the Track and Trace Form. Fill it out and Jim will keep it for four weeks and then the contents will be destroyed.

NB. Those of you who are also attending 'Autumn At Avon Bank' will need to do it again after Plum. (Each events details are separate.)

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hello, are there any spaces on this rally please? If there are could Nick and I come for 7 nights leaving on monday 31st August please.

Hi Carolyn,

There are spaces available immediately. Welcome.
Could I ask you to go to the OP where you'll find details of how to pay.

Please come back on here when you've done the deed.

Could I also point you further up this page where you will find details of how to find Jims Post where you can link to a Track and Trace form that is a necessity to being allowed to come.

Regards

Derek

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back