Perpetually blocking grey waste drain (1 Viewer)

Touchwood

Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
NE England
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde 140
Exp
5 years and learning
Our grey waste drain seems to block at the drop of a hat - I guess that basically it's undersized.

We've resolved to do all our greasy washing up at site facilities in future - we have tried wiping off as much grease as possible before washing from frying pans etc. but to no avail.

We have cleared the blockage before using a drain cleaner sachet (it's not completely blocked, just a trickle emerges) but having searched these forums I now realise one has to be careful what one uses to avoid damage. I've ordered a bottle of Fenwick's waste pipe and drain cleaner but I'm not sure this will be man enough to clear it.

Any recommendations?

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Have you tried dismantling it where it joins the sink?

Mine has the most ridiculous shallow 'cup' below the plug-hole leading to a sharp right-angle outlet into the stupidly narrow pipe. This gets gunged up.

I don't use it any more. We have a small plastic trug that we either use to washup in the 'van or take to the facilities if there are any.

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
For fat clogged domestic drains it's caustic soda that you want. I don't know if van drains are robust enough to tolerate the heat generated but as long as you follow the instructions I would have thought it would be okay.

Maybe someone who's used it can confirm?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Well on here many times, although it seems unlikely people swear by coca cola down the plug hole keeps it sweet, we just use the bio washing liquid same as we put in the toilet

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Can't remember your layout Mike but if you have the fridge or oven under the sink the waste pipe may have some tight bends which restrict the flow. I use Buster Kitchen Sink Fresh ( or whatever it is called now) after every trip and that keeps things clean.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back