Jan 5, 2009
Chillington Devon
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2006
Hi

Just rented the house out for 12 months and about to start working as an assistant warden on a campsite.

I am concerned as I will not have a permanent address.

Has anybody else had this problem and if so how have you got round the problem.

Wife very concerned she will be of no fixed abode although will still own the house.

Help

Bashfop

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi

All fulltimers are in the same boat .. we are of no fixed abode, you have to be creative.. often means telling lies, if you don't like that term then call it ' being economical with the truth ' it's like being on the run :RollEyes: the law doesn't cater for our life style.

c/o Address is ok for some things .. sadly not much good for official things like bank accounts, passport, etc.

You could use a relatives address or employment address or just keep your home address but that means collecting mail

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
address`

Hi

How about this for suggestion? KEEP your old address (eg 21) CREATE new address (21A) for the new tennants. Place large Container o/s House with Letter box and YOUR Number on it. arrange to have it emptied at regular intervals.

Dunno? might work?

Pete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 8, 2008
Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
c build
Exp
6 yr
hello cant you use the site you are going to as an address and bank acc to relatives and for them to post to you and let bank what you are doing

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
If you are going to stay at that site for a year then your problem is quite simple.

Keep your home address as is - and then use the Post Office Re-direction Service to re-direct you Surname to the site. The re-direction service works on surnames - not on house number/names etc.

You can do that for two year periods - that's the way we have been before and it works well.

Even if you move half way through the year to somewhere else, you can simply change the re-direction order - simple, innit?

Last edited:
S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Please be aware if you use the site as an address you could be liable for council tax, tv license etc , caravans / boats would come under band A , i know i had to pay it.

I would find a friend for your mailing address , if your not going to be there long you should be ok

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back