Perishing Seals (1 Viewer)

May 26, 2016
north wales
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
Just took my first run in my 10 year old Moho for a weekend in Malvern CMCC. I did all the usual stuff on arrival at the site. Filled up with water etc. When I switched the pump on to run the taps I could hear the water pump clicking away nicely as it filled the system. The system filled ok but then i noticed the pump was still clicking - albeit at 5 second intervals. I lifted the bench seat that covers the pump and - bugger! A plastic T- piece was seeping at the expansion vessel end. So, I switched off the pump and released the pressure again. Removed T-piece and cleaned it up. Didn't seem to be anything wrong so put it back together and re-pressurised. It still seeped and no amount of "waggling" would stop it. By shear luck there is a Caravans 4u parts stockist just down the road from the campsite who were able to provide me with a new T-piece. The shopkeeper said " Not another one!? - I sold about 4 of these this week".

Now apparently, when you drain the tank before storage, some water is left in the pump. She reckoned those April frosts could be damaging the seals in these T-pieces.
Has this been a frequent occurrence this year? - the water leaks I mean. OR is 10 years the limit on these components anyhow and should all the plastic water connectors be replaced anyway?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back