Peregrine Falcons Rochdale Town Hall (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
This is a live video link tp Peregrine's that have nested on the clock tower of Rochdale Town Hall every year since 2008

"Peregrine falcons have been nesting outside the clock tower at Rochdale Town Hall since 2008. The birds have attracted considerable public interest and they're regularly seen soaring above Rochdale town centre hunting for food. We built a nesting area for the birds in 2008 to help provide them a safe haven to sleep, breed and raise their young. As the tallest building in Rochdale town centre, the town hall reflects the peregrine's natural habitat to breed and hunt prey. "

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks for reminding me of these. I live in the next town and used to work in Rochdale. A few years ago I went to the town hall after work to watch them...and didn't see a thing. ?
Webcams are better!

OP
OP

Deleted User
Thanks for reminding me of these. I live in the next town and used to work in Rochdale. A few years ago I went to the town hall after work to watch them...and didn't see a thing. ?
Webcams are better!

We stay at Lane End Farm when we are back in the area, I taught at Siddal Moor in the 70's for a short time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP

Deleted User
Flipping heck, the whole world to live in and they choose Rochdale...they have not got much taste have they

Rochdale.......the Venice of the North:).......we've got a canal, a Medieval bridge and a newly uncovered section of the River Roch and being serious now if someone had vision and completely pedestrianised the centre it has a superb open space suitable for bars, events etc.......unlikely in Rochdale I know!

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
We stay at Lane End Farm when we are back in the area, I taught at Siddal Moor in the 70's for a short time.
I store my MH at the first farm and live near Morrisons. Didn't go to Siddal though as I was 25 when I moved here.
Flipping heck, the whole world to live in and they choose Rochdale...they have not got much taste have they
Unfortunately Rochdale isn't the best of towns but they are trying to improve things, however the Town Hall is a beautiful building and there's plenty of lovely countryside within flying distance!?

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
For my sins I used to manage Mitchell Hey Mills on College Road and the latterly the mop shop in Heywood.

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
I believe they have also had them in Sheffield for several years now to control the pigeon population.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Here’s one we saw in Spain last year.
D8B38B24-2EA4-404F-869D-28900997FAB4.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun