Pembrokeshire site suggestions (1 Viewer)

2dogs

Free Member
Nov 2, 2011
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Spring 2012
Hi all,

We would like to spend a week (ish) in Pembrokeshire over the school summer holidays.
Prefer inland or at least away from beaches/kids (better half is a teacher and needs a break::bigsmile:)
We are members of C&CC but would rule out the club site at St Davids.

any suggestions please.

2dogs

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Getting away from the sea in pembroke? some stunning wiews and walks.

but, Cwm Deri Vineyard is adults only and has a small resteraunt anly 8 / 10 vans.

North Lodge St Petrox. 5 mins outside Pembroke.

The Marloes area plenty of CL,s and stunning coast line walks.

Jim's place Red Kite camping

not sure how you get away from families during school hols though. there are many more but most are near the coast or will have families.

OP
OP
2dogs

2dogs

Free Member
Nov 2, 2011
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Spring 2012
Thanks Phil,

I know its difficult to get away from the coast, just want something away from the crowds (probably not possible) or at least quieter to use as a base for pottering around.

Cheers
2dogs

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ladylea

Free Member
Mar 13, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008
There is camping and caravan cs at Nash Mountain Farm Sardis which is about 5miles south of Haverfordwest it is a quiet site with electric.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Getting away from the sea in pembroke? some stunning wiews and walks.

but, Cwm Deri Vineyard is adults only and has a small resteraunt anly 8 / 10 vans.

North Lodge St Petrox. 5 mins outside Pembroke.

The Marloes area plenty of CL,s and stunning coast line walks.

Jim's place Red Kite camping

not sure how you get away from families during school hols though. there are many more but most are near the coast or will have families.

Recommend Jim's place:thumb::thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Get yourselves down to the CC site at Freshwater East.

Forget the kids /families and Enjoy the area:thumb:

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi all,

We would like to spend a week (ish) in Pembrokeshire over the school summer holidays.
Prefer inland or at least away from beaches/kids (better half is a teacher and needs a break::bigsmile:)
We are members of C&CC but would rule out the club site at St Davids.

any suggestions please.

2dogs

Just wondering why would you rule out the caravan club site at St Davids? There is a lovely CL/CS not sure which between St Davids and Fishguard. I will try and find out the name for you.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Hi all,

Speaking as an ex-teacher the biggest problem I've had with Pembrokeshire is not kids, it's that it's chock full of teachers in the summer holidays, and half of them want to grizzle about the National Curriculum whenever you strike up a casual conversation. Like I really care about all that sh*te when I'm looking at stunning coastal scenery.

Seems a shame to be away from the coast in a lovely coastal National Park, but I seem to recall using one of two the sites at Broadway (near Broadhaven) many moons ago when we wanted somewhere more central. There's also a small quiet site on the edge of Marloes but it's a bit out on a limb. Personally I'd head straight for the Newgale campsite behind that huge long beach where you can easily escape humanity and their offspring. The campsite has basic amenities but no kiddie stuff so you don't get that many kids on it. It certainly never spoiled my relaxation when I was still in the job.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks Phil,

I know its difficult to get away from the coast, just want something away from the crowds (probably not possible) or at least quieter to use as a base for pottering around.

Cheers
2dogs

north Lodge at St Petrox is such a CL and if its full ( 5 vans ) ask for the paddock ( 50 meters away.

Also, try Rhosgadw Farm near St Davids a small cL, 07828 515039 SA62 6PW, not stayed there but was recommended to me a few weeks ago by someone i trust:Doh:

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
We have just got back from 2 weeks touring Pembrokeshire, it was stunning.

For us one of the highlights was the site at Caerfai Bay. Stunning views. You can walk into St Davids, and from there you can catch the bus - every 30 mins - takes you to the lifeboat station to get the boat to - or around Ramsey. It was wonderful.

Also spent a few days at CC freshwater east, also very good walking from there, albeit not so good for restaurants or busses.

longdog

Banned
Apr 16, 2013
Funster No
Trefalen Farm, Broadhaven South, sorry, it's close to the coast and beach, but it's simply gorgeous!

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
We went to stay there at Easter a bunch of "new age travellers" in a interesting assortment of vans arrived and set up camp in the national trust car park, anyone know if they are still there?

OP
OP
2dogs

2dogs

Free Member
Nov 2, 2011
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Spring 2012
Thanks for all the replies,

We've now decided to not rule out any sites, we have a basic plan spending a couple/few nights in different camps in the area.

will let you know if the sites are any good or bad but if great then may
just keep them to ourselves::bigsmile:

Cheers
2dogs

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back