Pembrey & then the West coast of Wales (1 Viewer)

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
We are currently at a rather damp & drizzly Pembery Country Park, which will be of no great interest to anyone unless you are there too & are sufficiently bored to want to wander over & say hello.

We are planning to leave tomorrow (Monday) & drift round the coast. Our next planned stop is to meet up with sister & BiL at Borth on Wednesday evening. Monday night & Tuesday night could be spent anywhere in between.

If anyone has any particular recommendations for places to see or places to stop overnight, I'd be very happy to receive them. If you don't want to publicise your favourite hideaway on the open forum, please send a PM (or Conversation as they are now called).

The forecast suggest the afternoon will brighter, so it may be time to get the bike out & explore a bit. This place is big - 500 acres & that's before you hit the beach! OH is hoping to see lots of wind & waves hitting the coast as the storms hit on Tuesday. As far as I'm concerned, that's fine so long as we can watch from inside the van. :unsure:

Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
Nice drive up to Builth wells , small town have a stroll around ,it won’t take long ,coffee at the Cwtch cafe . You can overnight on the groe car park . Small charge now I believe. OR , leave Builth drive to Rhayader
Plenty of pubs to choose from stay on the car park if you wish .
The Triangle pub is a big favourite . Just ask directions. Nice town .
Tuesday drive around the Elan valley dams a circular route takes you back to Rhayader nice drive up to Borth . Hope this helps .
If you need sites plenty around

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Thanks @Janine that's about the right area for Tues night if we are there in time for a site to be a sensible choice.

I'm with you on the idea of not being right on the sea front on Monday night! :eek:

Can't hang around for the meet - end Sept & all Oct busy with gigs, mostly as ceilidh dance caller.

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Thanks @dotsontour I'll study that on the map.

As you say, plenty of sites in the area, but as we are on one now & will be again on Wednesday night, we don't really need one on Mon or Tues night if we can find a handy stopping place, so will be looking at car parks & the like. Builth Wells sounds good, but one for another trip, I suspect. Even with the projected storm, it's a bit too far inland for this trip - OH very keen to spend as much time as possible on or as near the coast as seems prudent.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back