Pembrey Country Park Sept 26 /28th (1 Viewer)

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
Pembrey Country Park is near Llanelli, South Wales and has to be one of the best places in the country for a meet.
There is a model steam rally on this date and entry to this is free
There are huge, flat well drained camping areas, new showers and toilets, flat cycle routes and forest walks that go for miles, a beach within walking distance, a ski slope and a toboggan run called the Cobra plus a cafe that does great chips !
You can book for as many nights as you want
A bargain at £15.00 a night !

To book for this meet you need to contact the Pembrey Country Park office on
01554 742423 or 1554 742425
Or Email joywilliams@carmarthenshire.gov.uk
Post on here when you have booked
Happy Daze
Chrisboyo

May 16, 2014
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
since May 2014
Can highly recommend this site and confirm all above. Also fantastic for a day with the kids (we are local and often take the grand kids there for a day with the van. Sadly (?) we are away in France at that time or we would be there.

OP
OP
chrisboyo

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
Just to clarify
This meet is taking place inside the Country Park and not on the Caravan Club site at the entrance to the Park

Happy Daze
Chrisboyo

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
very interested

BUT, were not sure when were doing our main trip of the year yet - usually in September but havent got our act together!!

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Just to clarify
This meet is taking place inside the Country Park and not on the Caravan Club site at the entrance to the Park

Happy Daze
Chrisboyo
Love Pembrey Park, beach & surrounding area for cycling but have only stayed at the Caravan Club site there before - is this at the other campsite "Golden Coast" or elsewhere within the park? Is EHU available? Not sure how good our one solar panel would be in Wales at that time of the year?!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
chrisboyo

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
The meet is being held inside the park on the Golden Coast camping area I believe there are some hook up points being installed at the moment but you will need to book early to get one as most of them are for seasonal pitches

As to your solar panel being adequate, we go off hook up for most of the time, including March and November

Give yours a try sometime, you will be surprised at how much power there is available:thumb:

Be sure to tell them when booking that you are with Motorhome Fun

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I was stationed there (RAF Pembrey) back in the late 70s, and met Rita in Llanelli Dec 24th 1977. :thumb:
Although I would love to come down for a visit, unfortunately we won't be able to Chris.

I do wish you well with your meet.

All the best,

Jock.

simply

Free Member
Apr 24, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Renault Trafic
Exp
Newcomer
Sorry

Sorry, this doesn't make sense for me being as I travel alone. Pembrey Country Park is a fantastic place and although £15 a night may be a fair price for a couple, for myself travelling alone it will be considerably cheaper to stay on the Caravan Club site by the entrance to the park. EHU will also be included there - not that I have any requirement for electricity..

So sorry, but you can count me out of this one ...unless I find a travelling companion by September :winky:

Perhaps Motorhome Fun would like to revise their idea of meets for solo travellers so us singles can team together over issues like this. Either that or at least consider a fresh policy for inclusivity. It's not much fun feeling excluded by being priced out and I am feeling uncomfortable about standing alone over this matter again. :wub:

dreckly

Free Member
May 13, 2009
cornwall
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Back on the road after a 4 yr break
Sadly I feel the same way as Simply, £15 is pricey for one person, maybe the single travellers could stay at the CC site and still join in with other funsters. If this suggestion is out of order I'm sure someone will comment. I apologise in advance.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Well, if an extra £1.10 a night is too much to pay to be with friends, then fair enough, I suppose. :whatthe:

dreckly

Free Member
May 13, 2009
cornwall
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Back on the road after a 4 yr break
Well, if an extra £1.10 a night is too much to pay to be with friends, then fair enough, I suppose. :whatthe:

:Doh: Doh, I had a feeling my post would bite me on the bum.
You are quite correct that it is a mere pittance in difference,
:Doh: Doh again as I hadn't checked the CC price list.
Think I'll shut up now:RollEyes:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I'd ask for a discount if I thought I'd have to share with you ::bigsmile:

*DROOL.........* ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

I have plenty of 'spare' sleeping space............

Last edited:
OP
OP
chrisboyo

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
I would have loved to have made it cheaper but the only other way is to book is as a rally, then I would have to pay £50 up front then collect £10 per night from those attending then give it to the park attendant .
]Collecting cash from folk is not something I would wish to do
However , if someone else wants to volunter to pay the deposit and collect the cash then we could do it for £10 a night but no access to showers or toilets
Plus of course I would need to get my £50 back some how
Happy daze
I have not checked the price for the caravan club site but I would be very surprised if it was less than £15 a night as I have stayed there many times over the years and it has always been quite a expensive site

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Caravan Club members prices at Pembrey for those dates
01 Sep 14 - 27 Sep 14Adult: £6.50Child (5-17):£1.90Pitch: £7.40
28 Sep 14 - 23 Oct 14Adult: £6.00Child (5-17):£1.60Pitch: £6.40
So £12.40-£13.90 for single adult, £18.90-£20.40 for 2.
These prices include EHU but are higher if you aren't a member.
It is an excellent site with views of the forest being located just outside the gates of the park - it's free to walk or cycle into the park then to the beach but if you want to take a vehicle in there is a daily/weekly charge. Presumably if booked into Golden Coast with it being in the park & closer to the beach there is no additional cost to take a vehicle in?

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back