Pembrey Country Park Caravan Club Site Pembrey, (1 Viewer)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Pembrey Country Park Caravan Club Site

Pembrey, Llanelli,

just wondered if anyone has been here before? We are going in October half term for a few nights to try out the Dry ski slope and the beach. Wondered how big it is, should I drag the car along?

Stopping at a little Cl I know not too far away on the way down :winky:

May 8, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam T-Line785
Exp
since 2009
just by us paul - gutted we will be in France or Luxembourg then.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
I've been there but not for a few years. We stayed at the club site in the park.
We enjoyed it a lot - lots of space and beautiful beaches.

rob kinnear

Free Member
Nov 29, 2010
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
1 year 10 years tugger

Pembrey, Llanelli,

just wondered if anyone has been here before? We are going in October half term for a few nights to try out the Dry ski slope and the beach. Wondered how big it is, should I drag the car along?

Pembrey country park very big and is ideal for cycling and walking and is a about a 20 min walk to local town.
We go there very often to walk our dogs and just chill for the day. We have never stayed at the club site.
If you plan on visiting more on the gower and Swansea you would need you car.

All the best
Rob :thumb:

peter H

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
Not stayed there myself, but had a good walk round a year or so ago.
It's a typical caravan club site. IE neat and tidy and well equipped.
An ex colleague of mine used to site a van there for the season and spent most weekends there with his kids.
The park is big. Ski slope, pitch and put golf course etc. Beach is blue flag, soft yellow sand and vast. Miles long.
You mention October, weather may not be hot and sunny.
If you can take a car there are lots of places to visit that the kids will love, castles, theme parks etc. Would be difficult to fit it all in in a week.

Peter

Griffs

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
SOUTH WALES
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
pembrey

You will enjoy the site and surrounds as there is so much to see,miles of good beaches and dunes.

It would be a good idea to take a car as a drive out to the Gower ,to Rhosili and Port Eynon is well worth the visit.:thumb:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Looks like a good choice then from what you are all saying.

Peter H, its always sunny in Wales isn't it? :winky:

We are only going for about 5 days so will take the car for a whistle stop tour. :thumb:

May 8, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam T-Line785
Exp
since 2009
Where is this place? I'd love to go. So much to do etc. Sounds a dream even to live there.:Smile:

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
We stayed on the park this summer, on one of the temporary holiday sites. It was very busy, a popular location, but there's lots of space away from the camping area. All the activities are practical, from skiing, to biking to horse riding. There's even a small golf course. The beach is huge, the tide goes out a long way and dogs are restricted at times. A negative one night was boy-racers around the park, but that's no problem if your staying further away.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Unless you have done it before I would suggest about 40 miles West. Not sure if the CC in Freshwater East is still open then but if so (in my opinion) it knocks the spots off the Gower. Bring the car.

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
Hi Paul

We have used Pembray Country Park for many years both on the CC site and CC & CCC rallies in the park
Great place for walking, running, biking and generally enjoying yourself
Try out the tracks around the forest for a good run

Enjoy

Wales you are welcome to it :ROFLMAO:

WinnietheBrave

Free Member
Jun 28, 2010
S. Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
I've been there a few times, good site, plenty of biking and walking, great beach, Go-Ape if you fancy a bit of fun in the wood, need to be fairly fit for this. The ski slope is a bit poor as ski slopes go, but ok for a bit of fun. The slides are also good for a few laughs. I would take a car if you can, as there are some great places to visit around the area. Swansea L2 is good for rainy days, great pool with slides and artificial surf.
If going around June, some time this month they have a music festival (Beach fest?) can be a bit noisy.
We got there late one time, no probes, put us up outside the park with a EHU. Wardens seem to be cool, didn't mind me tripping the electric on first hook up, even on the next visit.:Blush:

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14

Pembrey, Llanelli,

I visited there this year for a camping guide. The area of the country park is enormous and great to cycle around, a long way from any other South Wales attractions such as the Gower etc. but very good all the same. The campsite is in one corner of the park and is well up to the usual CC standards. Very good site but take the car if you can.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back