Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
Hi Guys, has anyone been to the Peloponnese recently? Are there lots of plastic greenhouses there? What about the rest of the Greek mainland....any recommendations for places to visits or not visit!!!!!...we are there for the month of May in our Adria MH just under 8m with 2m overhang!!

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Short while after a gap of many years.
Hi Guys, has anyone been to the Peloponnese recently? Are there lots of plastic greenhouses there? What about the rest of the Greek mainland....any recommendations for places to visits or not visit!!!!!...we are there for the month of May in our Adria MH just under 8m with 2m overhang!!

Good question- I would be interested in seeing some answers to that too ? :

Reactions: Pia
Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
We’re heading that way now in Italy at the mo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

obanvanman

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Isle of Seil Argyll
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 810 Integra
Exp
OK! What's going on here?
Have just booked the ferry for 2 months in Greece, departing Bari this coming Monday, and thought I would have a gander for some info and it looks as though half the bloody forum are going to be there at the same time.
I thought you lot only strayed as far as Benidorm.:reel:

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
OK! What's going on here?
Have just booked the ferry for 2 months in Greece, departing Bari this coming Mond

ay, and thought I would have a gander for some info and it looks as though half the bloody forum are going to be there at the same time.
I thought you lot only strayed as far as Benidorm.:reel:

Peoloponese is big enough so don't worry:D

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
@Armytwowheels caught the ferry over just a few days ago - they’ll be your best reconnoisant team, they are critical when needed and tell it like it is - good or bad! (y)

OP
OP
Pia

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
We're booked on the ferry from Brindisi on May 3rd returning on May 31st....we're having a meander down through France into Provence along the very boring but hopefully snow/frost free coast road into Italy then a wander down the west side of Italy to Pompeii then across to Brindisi in time to catch the ferry on May 3rd. We leave home on Tuesday 10th April. Just getting Harvey ready now....he came back from his habitation check and service today looking beautiful.....so all hands on deck to get him up to speed for take off on Tuesday around noonish to get to Canterbury for 4ish...birthday meal out for my OH, bed and up early to catch the 07.50 train to Calais on Wed 11th.

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
This was our trip a couple of years ago.

Thanks for that Lenny - just read your Greece trip! :)

Our next trip will be for around 4 weeks - roughly mid May to mid June - need a change from Scotland, France, Spain & Portugal - was thinking of Italy (having read your travelogue) maybe Greece (been to both but not in a MoHo)

What do you recommend? :)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Thanks for that Lenny - just read your Greece trip! :)

Our next trip will be for around 4 weeks - roughly mid May to mid June - need a change from Scotland, France, Spain & Portugal - was thinking of Italy (having read your travelogue) maybe Greece (been to both but not in a MoHo)

What do you recommend? :)
I don't think a 4 week trip is enough time our trip was 6 weeks of which 4 was spent in Greece and that was nowhere near long enough.
For best ferry deals talk to Viamare, they have a London office and will advise you of all the discounts they are incredibly helpful.

obanvanman

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Isle of Seil Argyll
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 810 Integra
Exp
I don't think a 4 week trip is enough time our trip was 6 weeks of which 4 was spent in Greece and that was nowhere near long enough.
For best ferry deals talk to Viamare, they have a London office and will advise you of all the discounts they are incredibly helpful.
Another vote for Viamare.
Had some fun on the web trying to get a quote for us travelling with a pup and in a 8.1 mtr van.
All sorted this morning, took a couple of minutes and saved me money.

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"

Can't do more than 4 or 5 weeks in May/June this year so may settle for Riviera & N Italy :)

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
We are a stones throw from the Peloponnese as I type this. Intentions are to cross to the Island of Lefkada (by road bridge) today for a few days, before back tracking and venturing over to the Peloponnese sometime next week.

So far, nothing about Greece has disappointed, loving it. I will try my up most to update my thread on our travels where I will put details of where we have stopped and the ferry crossing etc.

OP
OP
Pia

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
We are a stones throw from the Peloponnese as I type this. Intentions are to cross to the Island of Lefkada (by road bridge) today for a few days, before back tracking and venturing over to the Peloponnese sometime next week.

So far, nothing about Greece has disappointed, loving it. I will try my up most to update my thread on our travels where I will put details of where we have stopped and the ferry crossing etc.

...sounds as if you're having a great time :D

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
We're in Greece right now,(unfortunately not in "The Beast" ) but I digress.
Yesterday, we called in to the Agents to pick up our tickets for the Milos-Paros ferry and found an ANEK (ferry Ops) brochure for this year.
Interestingly, well it was for me, the Co. have now included the C&CC as a Club to which you can get a discount.(That's a Discount ON a discount)
I did a 'Dummy' purchase and our Van <7.00Mts Two people on Camping on Board basis travelling on Low season which is up to 15th June, worked out at €483, return I think!!!

I am priming SWMBO to expect a trip to the Peloponnese in 2020 (We're already sorted for next year)

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Interesting, thanks @emmitdb my c&cc runs out in may and was going to cancel due to not being home till end of year. Will be in Greece next month and will need a return to Crete in July/August/september wonder if theres still discount in high season.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Interesting, thanks @emmitdb my c&cc runs out in may and was going to cancel due to not being home till end of year. Will be in Greece next month and will need a return to Crete in July/August/september wonder if theres still discount in high season.
Dave, contact Viamare ferries, they are brilliant at getting you the best deal easy to deal with and they have a London office.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014

Quote from the brochure.
"25% Automobile Associations, Camping Clubs.
Members of certain Clubs (incl. ADAC and C&CC) receive 25% discount on vehicle fares only. The vehicle must be accompanied by the member of the Club. Upon making a reservation and on check-in at the port the membership card must be presented otherwise the difference to the official rates has to be paid. The discount is combinable with the "Early Booking (provided the vehicle type is entitled to the 'Early Booking discount ) "Senior (over 60's)) youth and children discounts. Discount does not apply to camping on board bet. 1st July and 15th August for dep. from Ancona to Greece and from 1st August 15th Sept. for Dep. from Greece to Ancona Ltd. capacity available Not valid for unaccompanied vehicles.""
NB Elsewhere in the brochure it states that Early Booking discount is not available to all vehicles incl. it would appear anyvehicle over 2mts high and all motor vehicles over 6mts in length and camping on board. I guess that rules us out then?

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Dave, contact Viamare ferries, they are brilliant at getting you the best deal easy to deal with and they have a London office.
Thanks Lenny will give them.a go when I need the ferry. Booked Bari igoumenitsa with the Greek ferry club also very helpful.

Angel005

Free Member
Aug 15, 2018
Funster No
Watching this thread with interest as we love Greece and fell in love with Stoupa 2 years ago.

Having only owned our MH since July last year we are about to visit France for the second time but looking to be more adventurous later in the year and would really love to spend 3/4 weeks in Stoupa.

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
We love Greece too and have spent a bit of time in Stoupa but not in the MH, we were cat/house sitting. I can recommend it. Probably best not to go in August though. It gets very busy. Nice beaches and good restaurants. Wild camping in Ag Nicholas

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
We really liked Camping Kalogria. Our MH was 7.5 metres and we didn't have a problem getting there although for high MHs some of the trees may be a bit low. Stoupa is lovely.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Nice area, there's just the one campsite in Stoupa....

http://www.campingkalogria.gr/

It's a little dated but is an ACSI site. Roads round there are not for the faint hearted.

Pete
We stayed here last year. Very nice owner and the village is delightful. There is also a nice little restaurant just outside the campsite.

Angel005

Free Member
Aug 15, 2018
Funster No
Good to hear firsthand from those of you who have stayed at the campsite in Stoupa. We had a quick look around it last year and acknowledge it is pretty basic but seems to have facilities such as showers washing etc.

Site seemed nice, lots of space and people on site at the bar/shop were very friendly. We are looking to stay on site for around 4/5 weeks so now seriously need to plan our route to the ferry in Anconda.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back