Peloponnese May 2018

Discussion in 'Greece Turkey' started by Pia, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Pia

Pia

Ratings:
    +1,334
    Hi Guys, has anyone been to the Peloponnese recently? Are there lots of plastic greenhouses there? What about the rest of the Greek mainland....any recommendations for places to visits or not visit!!!!!...we are there for the month of May in our Adria MH just under 8m with 2m overhang!!

2. Freespirit1

Freespirit1

Ratings:
    +1,053
    Good question- I would be interested in seeing some answers to that too ? :

• Like it Like it x 1
  3. abforfun

abforfun Funster

Ratings:
    +682
    We’re heading that way now in Italy at the mo

• Like it Like it x 1
  4. The Dudess

The Dudess Funster

Ratings:
    +6,211
  5. obanvanman

obanvanman Banned

Ratings:
    +2,843
    OK! What's going on here?
    Have just booked the ferry for 2 months in Greece, departing Bari this coming Monday, and thought I would have a gander for some info and it looks as though half the bloody forum are going to be there at the same time.
    I thought you lot only strayed as far as Benidorm.:reel:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like it Like it x 2
    • Love it Love it x 1
  6. nicholsong

nicholsong Funster

Ratings:
    +4,701
    Peoloponese is big enough so don't worry:D

7. cliffandger

cliffandger Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +17,489
    @Armytwowheels caught the ferry over just a few days ago - they’ll be your best reconnoisant team, they are critical when needed and tell it like it is - good or bad! (y)

• Like it Like it x 2
  8. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +30,204
  9. Pia

Pia

Ratings:
    +1,334
    We're booked on the ferry from Brindisi on May 3rd returning on May 31st....we're having a meander down through France into Provence along the very boring but hopefully snow/frost free coast road into Italy then a wander down the west side of Italy to Pompeii then across to Brindisi in time to catch the ferry on May 3rd. We leave home on Tuesday 10th April. Just getting Harvey ready now....he came back from his habitation check and service today looking beautiful.....so all hands on deck to get him up to speed for take off on Tuesday around noonish to get to Canterbury for 4ish...birthday meal out for my OH, bed and up early to catch the 07.50 train to Calais on Wed 11th.

• Like it Like it x 2
  10. Teuchter

Teuchter Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +7,068
    Thanks for that Lenny - just read your Greece trip! :)

Our next trip will be for around 4 weeks - roughly mid May to mid June - need a change from Scotland, France, Spain & Portugal - was thinking of Italy (having read your travelogue) maybe Greece (been to both but not in a MoHo)

What do you recommend? :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Lenny HB

Ratings:
    +30,204
    I don't think a 4 week trip is enough time our trip was 6 weeks of which 4 was spent in Greece and that was nowhere near long enough.
    For best ferry deals talk to Viamare, they have a London office and will advise you of all the discounts they are incredibly helpful.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. obanvanman

obanvanman Banned

Ratings:
    +2,843
    Another vote for Viamare.
    Had some fun on the web trying to get a quote for us travelling with a pup and in a 8.1 mtr van.
    All sorted this morning, took a couple of minutes and saved me money.

• Like it Like it x 1
  13. Teuchter

Teuchter Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +7,068
    Can't do more than 4 or 5 weeks in May/June this year so may settle for Riviera & N Italy :)

14. Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +12,580
    We are a stones throw from the Peloponnese as I type this. Intentions are to cross to the Island of Lefkada (by road bridge) today for a few days, before back tracking and venturing over to the Peloponnese sometime next week.

So far, nothing about Greece has disappointed, loving it. I will try my up most to update my thread on our travels where I will put details of where we have stopped and the ferry crossing etc.

• Love it Love it x 2
    • Like it Like it x 1
    • Nice One! Nice One! x 1
  15. Pia

Pia

Ratings:
    +1,334
    ....wow @Lenny HB love your photos....it's great to have so much information..thank you.... it adds to the excitement.....a couple of days to go before we leave.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Pia

Pia

Ratings:
    +1,334
    ...sounds as if you're having a great time :D

• Like it Like it x 1
  17. Emmit

Emmit Funster

Ratings:
    +5,286
    We're in Greece right now,(unfortunately not in "The Beast" ) but I digress.
    Yesterday, we called in to the Agents to pick up our tickets for the Milos-Paros ferry and found an ANEK (ferry Ops) brochure for this year.
    Interestingly, well it was for me, the Co. have now included the C&CC as a Club to which you can get a discount.(That's a Discount ON a discount)
    I did a 'Dummy' purchase and our Van <7.00Mts Two people on Camping on Board basis travelling on Low season which is up to 15th June, worked out at €483, return I think!!!

I am priming SWMBO to expect a trip to the Peloponnese in 2020 (We're already sorted for next year)

18. Busman

Busman Funster

Ratings:
    +3,818
    Interesting, thanks @emmitdb my c&cc runs out in may and was going to cancel due to not being home till end of year. Will be in Greece next month and will need a return to Crete in July/August/september wonder if theres still discount in high season.

19. Lenny HB

Ratings:
    +30,204
    Dave, contact Viamare ferries, they are brilliant at getting you the best deal easy to deal with and they have a London office.

• Like it Like it x 1
  20. Emmit

Emmit Funster

Ratings:
    +5,286
    Quote from the brochure.
    "25% Automobile Associations, Camping Clubs.
    Members of certain Clubs (incl. ADAC and C&CC) receive 25% discount on vehicle fares only. The vehicle must be accompanied by the member of the Club. Upon making a reservation and on check-in at the port the membership card must be presented otherwise the difference to the official rates has to be paid. The discount is combinable with the "Early Booking (provided the vehicle type is entitled to the 'Early Booking discount ) "Senior (over 60's)) youth and children discounts. Discount does not apply to camping on board bet. 1st July and 15th August for dep. from Ancona to Greece and from 1st August 15th Sept. for Dep. from Greece to Ancona Ltd. capacity available Not valid for unaccompanied vehicles.""
    NB Elsewhere in the brochure it states that Early Booking discount is not available to all vehicles incl. it would appear anyvehicle over 2mts high and all motor vehicles over 6mts in length and camping on board. I guess that rules us out then?

• Informative Informative x 1