wullie38

Free Member
Apr 5, 2011
ayrshire
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
Hi there my dad owns a auto cruise starburst and the scuttle is leakin and water going on engine!!,this has been into arnold clark twice to be fixed and still doing it and now garage saying nothin they can do,has anyone else had this problem with this! my dad been onto pegout and arnold clark who say its design fault just wondering if anyone had same problems.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi wullie and welcome.

possibly the scuttle drain tubes are too short....a known fault on some 'sevel' vans.
one drains onto the gearbox, the other onto the rear of the engine.

look at each end of the panel, under the bonnet, for the tubes.

simply replace (or extend them) with longer tubes to drain below the engine/gearbox.

shardav

Free Member
Feb 22, 2009
holbeach
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
1 1/2 years
hi mine still leaks i had the engine cover fitted under warranty solves the problem water now just runs off to the floor

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
W

wullie38

Free Member
Apr 5, 2011
ayrshire
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
hi thanks for that i think its just holes at each side and from middle my dad had this done twice yet still the same i will get him to check it :thumb:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Hi there my dad owns a auto cruise starburst and the scuttle is leakin and water going on engine!!,this has been into arnold clark twice to be fixed and still doing it and now garage saying nothin they can do,has anyone else had this problem with this! my dad been onto pegout and arnold clark who say its design fault just wondering if anyone had same problems.

How old is the boxer?

There are known design faults on the later boxer and ducato cabs with water leaking into the engine compartment.
There are mods available which you can to pursue the dealer to fit, such as engine cover and scuttle mods.
There is actually a Peugeot warning bulletin about. See this thread from another forum

it.Link Removed

OP
OP
W

wullie38

Free Member
Apr 5, 2011
ayrshire
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
hi its a 2008 i think my dad has been into pugeot arnold clark twice and got new scuttles put on but still the same garage is sayin nothin they can do design fault contact pegout about it which he has

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back