Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Aaah - nostalgia for the pissoir! No - I haven't been in one in France - but the same firm at Solihull that @Tootles and I were reminiscing about recently on another thread - Whale Tankers - had one in their carpark which Mike had built to celebrate their collaboration with a French tanker firm. It was lovely! LOL

Used to amuse me driving round France years ago - men's shoes, trouser clad legs - lovely ornate wrought iron in the middle - and the backs of men's heads - if you were walking past rather than driving, the experience embellished with the aromatic whiff of Gitanes or Disques Bleu, mixed with ammonia .......

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Sitting in my MoHo having a brew in a French motorway service station ( complete with toilets, restaurant, cafe etc.all about 20 yards away) a French caravan pulled in in front of me and out got the driver and started to piss against the wheel of his van with his manhood? in full view of people sat at picnic tables 10 yards from him!!

Lazy Bastard!!

Anyway, the front of our MoHo was about 2 or 3 yards from him I blew a long blast on the horn and he jumped backward and his manhood? vanished into his trousers whilst in full flow :D :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

He was not amused!! :cool:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Used to amuse me driving round France years ago - men's shoes, trouser clad legs - lovely ornate wrought iron in the middle - and the backs of men's heads - if you were walking past rather than driving, the experience embellished with the aromatic whiff of Gitanes or Disques Bleu, mixed with ammonia .......

And flood-lit at night.

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
We stopped at the new( -ish) services on the M25 at Cobham last year. The MH parking is some way from the cafes etc. While there a whole family from a non- UK registered motorhome got out and walked over to the bushes on the boundary. It was pretty clear from the trouser- zip fingering what they were going to do.

Given that the view from the motorway must have been right into the said bushes we thought it was a good thing that there were traffic jams and no one was going so fast that there might have been an accident if they were distracted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Well, from what we have seen its compleatly the norm, in France, and as far as I know there is some sort of law where anyone can piss against a certain wheel on your motor here, but as I have said we have seen it that often that we call it having a 'French piss'.:)

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Well, from what we have seen its compleatly the norm, in France, and as far as I know there is some sort of law where anyone can piss against a certain wheel on your motor here, but as I have said we have seen it that often that we call it having a 'French piss'.:)
Makes you wonder if you should wear wellies when stopping on the aires ..now we know why most are free ....

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
That is bang out of order !!:doh:

Everyone knows you wee in your sink:whistle2: Then!(y) with your grey waste open:rolleyes: when you take off;) you can spray the Motorcyclists behind!:cautious:

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Defense de pissoir notices available in France to put on you fence or wall

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009

Hi.
I think that has now been stopped in England,about the same time as the Public Toilets were all closed/pulled down...Joined up thinking ? LOL
Tea Bag

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
Hi.
I think that has now been stopped in England,about the same time as the Public Toilets were all closed/pulled down...Joined up thinking ? LOL
Tea Bag

You've clearly not stopped among the lorries parked at Tot Hill service on the A34.
You don't even have to stop to smell it - and there are toilets available a short walk away.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
You've clearly not stopped among the lorries parked at Tot Hill service on the A34.
You don't even have to stop to smell it - and there are toilets available a short walk away.
Blxcdy motorhome owners parking between lorries are a pain ,but at least the lorries have nice big wheels to pixx on lol

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
Not such a pain as car drivers parking in caravan and motorhome slots. I can think of worse things I'd do to them than pee against their wheels.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
Hi.
Lay byes smell, up and down the country,just happens there are NO LOOs in these,cars,vans,"Parents holding very young children so they can wee at the side of the cars",all use,lay byes as well. When you've got to go,you have to go
There is no excuse for weeing at a service area.......... But why not put the toilets in the middle of the site? No excuses for anyone then.
Some lorries now have a type of "Porter Potty",some older lorries had a 3" tube from the cab.................
Tea Bag

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Not the way to clean your van. At least we hope it was his van

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
wizzing.jpg

bengie

Free Member
Feb 14, 2012
bournemouth
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
70yrs old is that old enough to know some of the problems of later life that some of us face up to bravely.If you a'int been there thankfully you will never know.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
we've been doing it for thousands of years..... How long ago were toilets invented...?

I sometimes think that we shut ourselves away and become so private that when things go wrong with our bodies we are so ashamed to seek help that it's too late for some.....

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
Must have left a stain or two or rotted your tyres by now then!! :happy:

Hi.
The reason old bog seats were round,and made of wood,was a means of "Weee-ning ? Oh Thrice LOL! Stage coach passengers and drivers away from Wee ing,up against the coach.dray, whatevers wheels at Hosteries and Staging posts up and down the old...Trunk ? (WHAT?) roads.
There used to be a staging post ? Well ,Transport Cafe just outside Market Harborough called.... Dirty Dicks..... i'm off.....again.
Tea Bag

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back