MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few times😉
IMG_6253.JPG
IMG_6254.JPG
IMG_6255.JPG

These pedal blocks are cheap any thoughts they range from £8 - £100
Obviously not high security but would guess it would make a fair bit of noise to remove being in an awkward position.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
@andy63 makes this type of thing. I'm waiting on him doing one for me.:LOL:
I need the van... :p so if you call and stop long enough i may oblige(y):D
But yes i make something up and usually use a roller shutter door type lock to secure it to the pedals... and easily stored in the door pocket..

20180816_174513.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I used a Clutch Claw on one of my vans.. can't say how good it was but was never stolen.. lol ..

Cheaper idea .
If you have a swivel drivers seat.. turn around facing rear , drill hole though baseplate and swivel plate, secure with a strong padlock

Sep 13, 2018
Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2017
Considering fitting a pedal lock (Fiat Ducato 2019) Noticed P-Loc at the shows this year and wondered what people’s feelings are with regard to ease of use and actual deterrent. Have a growler strikeback so my thinking is that this would be an extra physical deterrent.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
Considering fitting a pedal lock (Fiat Ducato 2019) Noticed P-Loc at the shows this year and wondered what people’s feelings are with regard to ease of use and actual deterrent. Have a growler strikeback so my thinking is that this would be an extra physical deterrent.

It looks a more substantial device than some of the kit in photos on this thread. The obvious weak point would be the type of padlock chosen to accompany it, and the fact that the lock is exposed.

Still can't convince me that any of those solutions are anywhere near as secure as the TVL or Garrison Pedal Box I linked to above.

An additional advantage of the pedal box is that you can also store small items inside it, and for the Ducato at least, it's just the right size to store in the passenger footwell between the outer kick panel and the centre glovebox when not in use, and act as a footrest. Handy for shorter passengers who find it difficult to reach the floor comfortably whilst sitting on a seat already raised by a swivel plate.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back