Free Member
Jul 14, 2019
Co Kerry Ireland
Funster No
MH
hymer starline680
Exp
im a newbie
wanting advice on a suitable pedal clamp for a Mercedes automatic , a good friend has a pedal clamp that he swears by but his is a manual gear box so what should i be looking for to suit an automatic ,thanks in advance

Jul 10, 2018
Worcester(U.K)
Funster No
MH
Tamar Ducato160multi
Exp
Clutch claw any use? Good luck
Merc-Sprinter-auto-clutch-claw-e1548430729479-375x500.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Drexel

Drexel

Free Member
Jul 14, 2019
Co Kerry Ireland
Funster No
MH
hymer starline680
Exp
im a newbie
Stanbrook that is similar to my friends and so ill get googling to find best price for one thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I thought that the advantage with physical locking devices is their visible deterrent effect, so a thief sees it and moves onto an easier target. That means they do not break into the motorhome in the first place. I am not sure that that is that going to be easily visible from outside. If so by the time they see it the expensive damage has already been done.

thebriars

Free Member
Oct 20, 2018
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
I made one for my Ford. Few bit of angle iron and a bit of welding. It simply locks the brake pedal in place so it cannot be pressed. There is a convenient groove in the floor under the pedal so it cannot be forced out, certainly not without damaging the pedal. Virtually impossible to cut out with a small angle grinder before someone comments!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
What's wrong with a crooklock thing that hooks on the steering wheel and under the brake pedal

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I made one for my Ford. Few bit of angle iron and a bit of welding. It simply locks the brake pedal in place so it cannot be pressed. There is a convenient groove in the floor under the pedal so it cannot be forced out, certainly not without damaging the pedal. Virtually impossible to cut out with a small angle grinder before someone comments!
Thieves break or cut the pedal off and clip a mole wrench on to use as a pedal.

thebriars

Free Member
Oct 20, 2018
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
What's wrong with a crooklock thing that hooks on the steering wheel and under the brake pedal
Waste of time. A £35 battery angle grinder will sort that in no time. Even a pair of bolt croppers or junior hacksaw to cut through the steering wheel.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Waste of time. A £35 battery angle grinder will sort that in no time. Even a pair of bolt croppers or junior hacksaw to cut through the steering wheel.
If they are going to go to that trouble, there is not a lot that will stop them but anything is better than nowt, which I'm afraid is what we've got :doh:

Nov 8, 2019
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2017
I thought that the advantage with physical locking devices is their visible deterrent effect, so a thief sees it and moves onto an easier target. That means they do not break into the motorhome in the first place. I am not sure that that is that going to be easily visible from outside. If so by the time they see it the expensive damage has already been done.
The Clutch Claw has a small flashing light and also comes with some stickers for the windows as another visible deterrent. If someone's hell bent on stealing your MH and comes with the kit, and has the uninterrupted time to remove it they could (apparently tested as 30mins of determined effort) but an opportunist would be put off, which is the best we can usually hope for.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back