Peaugeot 105 2.2 litre 5 years old HELP PLEASE (1 Viewer)

Sep 13, 2018
Ludlow, UK
Funster No
MH
elddis 105 2015
Exp
before this it was in the 90 s
First time requesting help!

Went on journey yesterday and after sixty miles stopped at lights then the interior cab light came on, brighter than usual It would not immediately switch off and needed a few presses At once the engine stalled and needed a good half a dozen key turns to start the engine It sounded as if fuel was not getting through However, it ran normally but this issue reoccurred 4 times during the next 6 miles

My destination was to a body shop for some repairs and unfortunately they only do bodywork and nothing else They will have the van for the next 2 weeks

What is the main issue here do you think and more importantly the cure!?

Many Thanks

Richard

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
You haven't said that you got a light on the dash so possibly no codes to read..but if nothing else is suggested id get manufacturer specific diagnostics...
Even if it hasn't displayed a fault it can store pending codes...
I'm on about a tool that can look at all the control modules..not just an obd powertrain reader...
Andy.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
You don't say what sort of body repairs your van requires but if from a accident I would have said some sort of electrical fault from that.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 15, 2019
Funster No
MH
AutoCruise Stardream
Exp
Newbie April 2019
It needs plugging in to see if there are any fault codes.

My first immediate thought when you said the light came on brighter than usual was the alternator may be overcharging and whacking the voltage up. That can cause other systems to play up and even shut down. But I'd start with a code read and go from there.

OP
OP
D
Sep 13, 2018
Ludlow, UK
Funster No
MH
elddis 105 2015
Exp
before this it was in the 90 s
thank you all for sensible replies, I have already ordered a new strap, fingers crossed x

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back