Peaks motorhomes chesterfield

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by seanoo, Jan 16, 2015.

1. seanoo

seanoo Funster

Ratings:
    +292
    Hi all , Just a quickie. Has anyone had any dealings with this company and were they good? A friend of mine wants to buy a van they have for sale and would like to know if they are reliable , cheers. Sean

2. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

Ratings:
    +27,244
    He is just down the road from us, bit of an 'honest John' motor dealer, I would not expect much comeback in case of warranty need, but he does seem to pick some decent motorhomes, we bought our first one from him

• Like it Like it x 1
  3. Roryboys Dad

Roryboys Dad

Ratings:
    +804
    I've not bought a MH from them but they have been very helpful when I've popped in and asked a question or two.

If you live reasonably local I can't think you'd have much trouble sorting out any problems as he needs to keep a good reputation to stay in business.

Make sure the person who buys the MH has a word with the previous owner of any MH you're wanting to buy before parting with cash which should at least reassure the buyer.

The owner is a Motorhomer so he knows what he's talking about and he's not just a salesman with little experience.

• Like it Like it x 1
  4. daisychain

daisychain

Ratings:
    +6
    We bought our autocruise alto from him in November and there have been no problems. He is very selective about what he buys from the auctions.
    The 3 month warranty he offers is not brilliant as you have to pay the first 250. I would be very careful what you buy from him, but he does source some good MHs and he is genuine.

5. Electraglide

Electraglide Funster

Ratings:
    +490
    E.mailed in November and December as we wanted to look at a new Laika they had and still have advertised. Never replied to four e.mails, we will not bother with them again.

6. daisychain

daisychain

Ratings:
    +6
    We tried emailing them when we were buying our MH they dont seem to use the internet.

7. Roryboys Dad

Roryboys Dad

Ratings:
    +804
    Electraglide - they don't seem to have the Laika advertised on their website, as far as I can see, but why would you want to buy a MH, new or not, about 175 miles from your home?

Isn't there somewhere considerably nearer - which would be better if their was a problem with the vehicle - it would be a heck of a long way to take it for repairs?

8. wiljoy

wiljoy Funster

Ratings:
    +1,350
    Purchased a Bentley from them in 2011. Found them OK to buy from but cannot vouch for any aftersales as the Bentley never needed work done. I gather Richard Bentley was/or is working for them in the accessory department or new build area????
    He was always totally reliable when he owned Autocruise with his father.

9. Big Deefer

Big Deefer

Ratings:
    +1
    Purchased our compass from him three years ago. He buys good vans, is a no nonsense normal bloke,
    We never had a problem, but you wouldn't expect one with a six year old vehicle with only 11,000 on the clock,
    He buys/sells good stuff

10. Electraglide

Electraglide Funster

Ratings:
    +490
    I just wanted to have a look at the layout, I was in Derby for a party that weekend.
    Southdowns are considerably closer and Laika dealers but do not have that model on their forecourt.