Peak District camping (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Plus s 670SLT
Exp
Since 2014
Not sure if this is the right place to post, or if any can help.

Next Sunday my son and I are heading the to Peak District on our motorbikes, we are looking for a campsite for couple of nights. Not easy to search online, we need good facilities and a decent access road to pitches. We are approaching from East Anglia, so looking for a site our site of the Peak District; allowing us to explore the area on the second day and not waste travelling time.

I have just joined C&CC, but open to any site suggestions.

We need to book a,s,a,p, would welcome your input.

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Hi Coopit,

Just on the south side edging the Peak District (so the right side for you) near Ashbourne, is Callow Top Holiday Park. We have stayed there a few times in the motorhome.
They have a pub restaurant and chip shop on site and they have fields at the top specifically for tents.
It's a nice site, and nice biking roads all around..(y)

When we have stayed there they had a 2 night for the price of 1 offer.........:)

http://www.callowtop.co.uk/

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
One of my favorite place to ride is the peaks, if your near by its worth popping into Castleton (nice little village) and always a few bikes on the main car park - you have the snake pass just up the road from there with all reservoirs (always worth a look at) and a fair few campsites too just outside Castleton - a few more on the Buxton road from Ashbourne (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
We have stayed at this one a couple of times. Very peaceful, well maintained and great shower block. Within walking distance of a great pub and close to several others.

Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
C
Jul 29, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Plus s 670SLT
Exp
Since 2014
What a great forum and members. Thanks for the much needed help and suggestions. Beach Croft Farm was fully booked, but Upper Hurst Farm was very helpful. They are putting us on a caravan pitch so we have hard standing for the bikes. Gallow Top looked good but tried the others first.

We will take up Toxic Clown's suggestions, thanks.

We will also check out the area ready for a M/H trip off season.

Thanks again for your prompt responses

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hi, have a look at Leek too if you have time, interesting place and surrounding areas. As it's in Staffs it doesn't get the crowds like alot of the Peak towns.

You could do Buxton, Cat & Fiddle then across the a53 to Leek. The cc and c&cc have both got sites on this road, can't remember the name of the pub nearby but it's very nice. Lots of cls and cs' around here too.

Also depending which way you're travelling up you know it's obligatory to call at CMC Clay Cross for a wander round the bikes and a cuppa - or so my OH tells me:LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back