Peage Toll Class - change refused (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
For the first time ever today, the man on the end of the help button at a Peage booth for a French motorway refused to change us from Class 3 to Class 2.

We should be Class 3 - cheeky I know, but at 3.1m high and 4t we’ve always got away with this. The phone line to the booth was bad but it sounded like he was refusing to change it as we were 4 tonnes - which makes me think they must have dynamic weighing kit embedded in the road next to this particular booth, as I doubt they have any instant link to DVLA taxation data.

Cost us 25 Euros extra - the cheek of charging us what we should be charged .....:LOL:

May 23, 2012
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666f
Exp
Happened to me a few times as-well when I had 5 ton tag axle 3.1m high, but most of the time got away with it.

H

Hagstrom

Deleted User
It's happened to us, too, at 5tons and over 3m high, but single rear axle, on the autoroute between Bordeaux and the Spanish border. They refused to down rate us from Class 4 and it inspired me to find an alternative route beside the autoroute which dodged the toll booths! Saved 40-odd euros and lost 30 minutes.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Interested to know where the issues occur.

We have found that our 3.8 ton scrapes through on height if we have the suspension on its lowest setting.

Came up from Saumur to Le Mans yesterday and the whole system appeared to have gone to pot with it trying to charge our van as a classe 4 with the staff running from booth to booth clearing issues at every one. Classe 2 all day long now apart from this hiccup the tag has been brilliant allowing the wife to slumber to her heart's content. Operator reset system and off we went.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Classe 3 must be deliberately designed to catch all those German MHs that are taller than 3m.

They haven't forgotten WW2. Revenge is a dish best served cold. :france:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Our Hymer b644 was 2.9mt and 4,000kg MAM , always been charged Class 2.. never questioned.. also used the Tag for the past two years as Class 2 no problem,

The issue is height.. if your over 3mt you will be flagged up as Class 3, but if you have say a sat dish, roof rack or dome that is breaking the 3mt height, you can point that out as they are not counted as overall height.

To my knowledge they don't have dynamic weighing at the peage

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back