Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Our power went off around 8am, so the house essentials are being powered by our genny. As its a Honda and not a Kipor, its still a very peaceful Wales::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Ive tracked down the noise your hearing. Its a Kipor in liverpool, might even be yours John:ROFLMAO:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Mine could well be anywhere in the country, I know it sound so well as listen to it whispering for nealy 4 years while using it before it was nicked:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
>> Peaceful Wales

You'll not be saying that in two months time.

Unless you're under water and it happens to be frozen.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
If my house is ever under water, then you'd better move to Scaffel Pike::bigsmile:

I don't think you've analysed the situation in any depth there Jim.

We have English water, it gracefully trickles from the sky, gently, and then hides itself discretely.

You, on the other hand, have Welsh Water. Now this is altogether different. It comes out of the sky like an angry Exocet missile. It hits the ground with such velocity it bounces and can quite easily travel up hill. It has an arrogant stickiness to it. It will climb your walls and stick under the gutters. It will zoom up your boots and infest your pubic hairs. It is indestructible. Visit any gents toilet in Wales and you will see the locals standing in front of the urinals wielding a cold chisel and lump hammer chipping the tenacious water from their private parts so they can urinate.

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
I remember when I was young, my parents saw a cottage for sale in Snowdonia one year and seriously looked into buying it. It was one of only a couple on the mountainside, and the position was heavenly. It was just off a main-ish road, and then up a mother of all steep 2 mile driveways having to walk the last 1/4 mile...but up there was something else. The views were on an entirely different level to anything I had ever seen.

Then they found out why....it was only habitable 4 months of the year due to it's location. The structural condition that was considered poor, wasn't due to it being untouched - it had been repaired every 3 years according to a neighbour - it was due to it being battered every winter, and being mostly buried for certain times of the year!

They weren't looking for a holiday home, so gave it a miss - but what a place! Always remember the view from up there.

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
I don't think you've analysed the situation in any depth there Jim.

We have English water, it gracefully trickles from the sky, gently, and then hides itself discretely.

Well, a large part of the Birmingham area seem to be quite happy with water from the Elan Valley. :Smile:

(Useless fact of the day, that I learnt when I visited...the supply from Elan to Birmingham is entirely gravity driven...no pumps involved).

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Our power went off around 8am, so the house essentials are being powered by our genny. As its a Honda and not a Kipor, its still a very peaceful Wales::bigsmile:

i bet your Honda isn't as quite as my kipor ..... a truly silent genny :cry::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back