PayPal scams just received one (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Received an e-mail from paypal confirming a payment for 108 euros for a purchase from a legit electronics retailer in the Antipodes. It was obvious that I hadn't made this purchase so I checked the senders info. It was from PayPal but followed in brackets was the scammers address who sent this mail.
I presume that they wanted me to follow their PayPal link to question this transaction giving all my details as I went.
I googled it and found that we are being blasted with scam paypal mails. Anyone else had anything similar.. I haven't checked my bank yet so hope I am on the right track......(y)

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Yes.....over time I have had a few.
The others I have seen are e-mails saying that your order with amazon has been successfully cancelled.
These parasites rely on you having a kneejerk reaction.
I always report them.

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Yes.....over time I have had a few.
The others I have seen are e-mails saying that your order with amazon has been successfully cancelled.
These parasites rely on you having a kneejerk reaction.
I always report them.
Similar to that, I have had your order from Amazon is on its way.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
One of our neighbours is selling his car through Autotrader and the other day he had a number withheld phone call saying that it was the Autotrader accounts office and that it had been flagged up that they had mistakenly taken payment twice and they very sorry and they would immediately refund him but would require his full details and his bank account detail to process the refund. He declined their kind offer saying he was very busy at present and would phone Autotrader later and sort it. He was then met with a barrage of obscenities about him being a fornicating ladies genitalia and a fornicating batstuward amongst others and that they would track him down and torch his house. He wishes them a pleasant day and they hung up. He rang Autotrader who said it's very common and out of their control ...... nice. :eek: :Eeek:

Feb 17, 2009
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2006
Not paypal but I had an interesting one last week warning me about the Expiration of my SEO. The email implied I would be losing my domain name

It looked very convincing with my address details and domain but the final paragraph says

"Failure to complete your 10/15/2017 . domain name submission search engine optimization service may make it difficult for customers to find you online. The information in this purchase expiration offer may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information from the processing department of Domain SEO Service to purchase our search engine traffic generator. We sell traffic generator software. We offer a high quality search engine optimization service that keeps your site ranking high."

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Received an e-mail from paypal confirming a payment for 108 euros for a purchase from a legit electronics retailer in the Antipodes. (y)

Bugger! :doh: Foiled again! :whistle2:

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
Not paypal but I had an interesting one last week warning me about the Expiration of my SEO. The email implied I would be losing my domain name

It looked very convincing with my address details and domain but the final paragraph says

"Failure to complete your 10/15/2017 . domain name submission search engine optimization service may make it difficult for customers to find you online. The information in this purchase expiration offer may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information from the processing department of Domain SEO Service to purchase our search engine traffic generator. We sell traffic generator software. We offer a high quality search engine optimization service that keeps your site ranking high."
Me too

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Yep,had one last week,and I haven’t even got a paypal account. Idiots.
I wish these scumbags could be stopped,caught,and drowned.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Been getting one recently from various senders.
The content is regarding an order which is being dispatched and click link confirm delivery details.
The scary bit is it is addressed to me with......
FULL NAME
FULL ADDRESS
EMAIL ADDRESS
MOBILE PHONE NUMBER

Ignored but once the page is closed it's gone...not in old emails, not in deleted emails, not in spam emails....GONE !

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Been getting one recently from various senders.
The content is regarding an order which is being dispatched and click link confirm delivery details.
The scary bit is it is addressed to me with......
FULL NAME
FULL ADDRESS
EMAIL ADDRESS
MOBILE PHONE NUMBER

Ignored but once the page is closed it's gone...not in old emails, not in deleted emails, not in spam emails....GONE !
Found them.
Both came via Gmail.
I have a Gmail account but have NEVER used it so that points to Google not protecting my personal details.

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
Found them.
Both came via Gmail.
I have a Gmail account but have NEVER used it so that points to Google not protecting my personal details.

Oh, I thought gmail were the best at catching scam email although I know they track your every move and internet use.

Apr 15, 2015
Whitchurch, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E-Line 50
Exp
Since May 2011
Had one about my Apple ID... well, two actually within a week. They look real enough until you start to dig deeper and then it's obvious they're fake.

Mike

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
Had one about my Apple ID... well, two actually within a week. They look real enough until you start to dig deeper and then it's obvious they're fake.

Mike

Oh, I thought Apple users had said they were immune from such things. Dream on :)

Apr 15, 2015
Whitchurch, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E-Line 50
Exp
Since May 2011
Oh, I thought Apple users had said they were immune from such things. Dream on :)
Some might claim that but as Apple devices become more popular they'll become more targeted.

I had one saying someone had signed into my Apple ID from a Windows machine... I haven't got a Windows machine. And whenever there's an attempt to sign in to my ID, even by me, I have to enter a code which is sent to one of my trusted devices. I hadn't received a code. They suggested I changed my password and I did, but not using the link they provided.

The second was an invoice for my purchase of 16 dollars worth of credits for an iOS game. I hadn't purchased anything and nothing had been charged to my account. There was a link on the invoice to cancel the order and it took you to a bogus phishing website.

It pays to question everything you receive.

Mike.

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
Some might claim that but as Apple devices become more popular they'll become more targeted.

I had one saying someone had signed into my Apple ID from a Windows machine... I haven't got a Windows machine. And whenever there's an attempt to sign in to my ID, even by me, I have to enter a code which is sent to one of my trusted devices. I hadn't received a code. They suggested I changed my password and I did, but not using the link they provided.

The second was an invoice for my purchase of 16 dollars worth of credits for an iOS game. I hadn't purchased anything and nothing had been charged to my account. There was a link on the invoice to cancel the order and it took you to a bogus phishing website.

It pays to question everything you receive.

Mike.

Absolutely. I agree entirely. Because only something like 0.1% or less of pc operating systems are using Apple they were not targeted. Now, very belatedly, that crooks have realised that Apple users are probably wealthier than MS users they are now targeting them and likely to reap greater rewards. Obviously, only my view on the situation.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I received one for a transaction of £180, I thought Lorraine had ordered something for my birthday. Oh well looks like im getting nothing this year again. :)

Nov 1, 2015
Norwich
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 686F
Exp
Although I can just about get sorted on this, my only forum I’m really not at all interested in technology and having to worry about being hacked, spammed or whatever.
That said I fully understand the OP pointing out any information. Just wish I had more time like some to enjoy this wonderful lifestyle.
Ray

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I get stuff all the time, just delete it and ignore it after I've had a giggle at it - I get a few about my Apple account ... never had one!

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
OH Mel, sorry you are not getting your fair share of spam :love:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun