Free Member
Jan 28, 2014
forest of dean
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
since 1975
just lost £100 because if the seller says they described the misfiring p-o-s correctly as 'needs a bit of setting up' then paypal say tough sh!t.
just a heads up to anyone buying on the evil bay.
if they want a deposit, offer £50 otherwise you'll lose proper money, plus your diesel costs.
proper cheesed off atm

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Can you expand that? I 'DON'T BELIEVE IT' ! (Joke). Tell us more please.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Never pay a deposit until you have viewed and satisfied yourself as to the condition of a vehicle, if unhappy just walk away, never pay!

Surprised at PayPal would have thought Distance Selling Regs came into play

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
just lost £100 because if the seller says they described the misfiring p-o-s correctly as 'needs a bit of setting up' then paypal say tough sh!t.
if they want a deposit, offer £50 otherwise you'll lose proper money, plus your diesel costs.
proper cheesed off atm

Sorry, you post just doesn't make any sense, how about explaining what you are complaining about.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Also paypal won't get involved if ebay are investigating.

OP
OP
sadlonelygit

sadlonelygit

Free Member
Jan 28, 2014
forest of dean
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
since 1975
bid for a m/cycle on ebay, seller requested a deposit within 12hrs of auction end and wanted £250.
i offered £100 in good faith and paid through p/pal (not friend payment btw)
travelled 80miles to see it and it wouldn't run properly below 5K rpm and not at all above 9k rpm (12k redline).
if it had been described honestly i wouldn't have given it a second look. but now it's cost me £100 + 160 miles worth of diesel @ 26mpg

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
OUCH!! And PayPal wont stump up?? Was there a clause they quoted??

Was this it??
just lost £100 because if the seller says they described the misfiring p-o-s correctly as 'needs a bit of setting up'

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
do you pay your pay pal bill with a credit card if so get on to them

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
there is also a scam running in Friday ad motorhome listings , vehicle is listed locally, BUt upon replying via their email (pn supplied doesn't connect) answer comes back from Scotland
twice I've had these replies on two different Mh's..........supposedly being sold from differing parts of the south east, (Salisbury and Hastings), basically tus the old one with a twist..............if interested 'seller' will open an ebay 'buy it now' listing as vehicle is already held by them, buyer then pays and vehice is then delivered FREE OF CHARGE (from Scotland.............:whistle:)
the vehicles in questeio, (Salisbury a Hymer and hastings a Fiat Frankia) were not over/underpriced enough to raise alarm bells upon viewing ad ('s)............... certainly not a case of 'If it looks to good to be true, it most certainly probably is......';)

On similar note, was down at Coastal Motorhomes in dorset today, and guy said he'd had a prospective customer contact he regarding a Mh he'd been interested in but had sold recently.........was it back for sale as he's just seen ad published, - with orig pic's - ? the guy down there Knew for a fact that the new owner had not got it for sale..........

Lets be careful out there folks. :)

Andy

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
bid for a m/cycle on ebay, seller requested a deposit within 12hrs of auction end and wanted £250.
i offered £100 in good faith and paid through p/pal (not friend payment btw)
travelled 80miles to see it and it wouldn't run properly below 5K rpm and not at all above 9k rpm (12k redline).
if it had been described honestly i wouldn't have given it a second look. but now it's cost me £100 + 160 miles worth of diesel @ 26mpg

Very unfortunate, pity the guy will not refund you deposit but thanks for the warning.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
You'll have to write a stinker of a review. You might not get your money back but it will warn others.

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Just as an aside to my earlier posting, I've today received three emails from Caravansforsale.com saying that its been noticed I recently sent emails to vendor no ....... (different seller in each case, - well different vehicle anyways), 'Advert has been deleted because it is suspected of being a scam advert, if you want to proceed with correspondence with this advertiser, please be cautious'.

Al least they are policing their site, somewhat.

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
proper cheesed off atm

How about giving us the sellers name?

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Always talk to a seller, you can pick up more in 1 min on the phone than any texts/mess.
I can suss a con after 10 seconds

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
if you are going to see it anyway don't pay a deposit.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back