Paying Our Way - Our New Shop (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
As many people already know this is a non-profit making site and in the unlikely event that we actually make a profit it will be spent for the benefit of members at rallies and meets. Presently we need to make around £1500 a year for our server, and then some more to exhibit at the odd show to promote the site. We also have some start up costs to recoup. The hours spent by admin are of course donated so there are no salary issues

So to operate we do need to generate some cash. We are hoping that advertising will cover much of our costs but we will probably always need to be doing a bit of fund raising. To this end i have signed us up as affiliates with Amazon. We will have our own small shop through them selling Motorhome related items and if you buy through our shop then MotorhomeFun earns a commission from anywhere between 2 and 5% I know its not much, and even if we sold a £1000 of books we would only make £50 or less, but that is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

So please use the shop but don't buy something just to earn us the commission, its always worth checking elsewhere that you are getting a good deal. So if you are getting a good deal and the website earns a few pennies we are all winners.

We will be adding items to the shop, (and taking them away if they do not sell) so please do keep looking in. If you see something on Amazon that you think the members might want to buy, then pm me or Bryan and we can have it added to our store.

The store is not fully completed yet but you can visit it now and purchase things if you wish. Have fun

Link Removed

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
...The hours spent by admin are of course donated so there are no salary issues

:Eeek: WHAAAAATT!!!!!! :cry-smile::thumbdown::cry:

(Don't remember THAT vote at the AGM!!)

Bryan

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Any Pennants in the shop Jim?:RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• pennant%20woven%20blue%20CROP%202007.jpg
    pennant%20woven%20blue%20CROP%202007.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Steve, I think we will have a pennant in there soon enough, I see no one has bettered your design yet, or even tried to::bigsmile:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi Steve, I think we will have a pennant in there soon enough, I see no one has bettered your design yet, or even tried to::bigsmile:

That's a gauntlet you've thrown down to them.

I feel a thread coming on.

Seriously though, it may be a revenue earner.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I have just added quite a few more Motorhome and touring books to the store, Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Is it all going to be Books, as someone who doesn't read It holds little interest for me, what about boys toys, gadgets etc:RollEyes:
Geo

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Is it all going to be Books, as someone who doesn't read It holds little interest for me, what about boys toys, gadgets etc:RollEyes:
Geo

Click on accessories under the books link, that's the link under Motorhome Books once you are inside our shop. I have just added some gadgets n stuff::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back