LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Since 3 have decided to stop me plugging my mobile into my laptop for wifi am now without internet when travelling in the UK. We do little travelling here so I do not want a contract. I have an unlocked dongle and need a PAYG sim only for wifi for the odd occasion we are away from home in the UK. Which is the best for my needs, considering am out of the UK most of the time, so it would not be used that often.

Chris69

Free Member
Feb 5, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
since 2006
Take a look at Giffgaff gigabags.

I pay £5 which lasts a month and then top up as and when required. No need to top up every month if you are not using or out of country.

Uses O2 network.
I find the £5 gigabag is plenty for me to check and write emails, check weather and web browsing.

Chris

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I also use a 3 sim , I get the 90 day 3gb for around £21 off e bay , only trouble is the period starts when first inserted so if only using for a week you lose the rest.
For the odd few days out perhaps a Europasim is a better idea as only charged per day used.

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
I would also recommend the Europasim card, you are charged only for the days you use it which is 3 euro or 2 euro in Italy for 500mb, you only need to use it once a year to keep it active and it is easy to top up online.
You also get a few calls and texts each day as well.:thumb:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
if you have a android phone go to the play store and download an app called FOXfi it will let you tether to your phone no problem by creating a wifi hotspot,3 will not know you are tethering:thumb:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
if you have a android phone go to the play store and download an app called FOXfi it will let you tether to your phone no problem by creating a wifi hotspot,3 will not know you are tethering:thumb:

Thats the problem Chris. I only use my phone to speak to people and my laptop for other apps. My phone is antique, but I understand it. I have always just plugged the phone into my laptop and used it like a dongle and just used my allowance. I always thought it would be to much trouble for 3 to write software to block such an old phone. Seems I was mistaken.

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Dongle

We use a 3 Dongle all the time in the UK as we did not want to be tied to a contract- I buy the 1gb sim cards from E Bay or Amazon usually between £5 and £7.
We bought a Wi Fi booster for use in the van and usually manage to get free wi fi when on sites from a supermarket or local pub etc.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
3 pay as you go for us too . Is reasonable priced and suits as we are not in UK for that long. But as said once activated the month begins .

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Since[HI] 3 have decided to stop me plugging my mobile into my laptop[/HI] for wifi am now without internet when travelling in the UK. We do little travelling here so I do not want a contract. I have an unlocked dongle and need a PAYG sim only for wifi for the odd occasion we are away from home in the UK. Which is the best for my needs, considering am out of the UK most of the time, so it would not be used that often.

laneside;1018536[HI said:
]Buy a 3 pre-loaded sim[/HI] off Ebay, usually last 90 days

now listen carefully.......you aint listening are you. :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
now listen carefully.......you aint listening are you. :ROFLMAO:

Thats the thing John. I have a 3 dongle and an unlocked dongle, so need a sim that is just dedicated to the internet. I already have a 3 phone contract, but dont use my phone for internet use. The sim would have to be on a PAYG as I dont want to be paying contract fees for the time am out of the UK.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back