Rally Chat Paws in the Park, Kent 19-20 September (1 Viewer)

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
Hi

The missus has asked me to find out if anyone is going to the above and camping? Or if you have been, what were the camping facilities like?
We havent booked yet, but considering going.

Cheers

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
I live in Kent,and have been to Detling for the Motorhome Show,camping is very basic,no electric,water taps plus show and toilet block,bit old but ok for a quick shower,better than the toilets at the Norfolk Grounds.
funsters were not far from the big halls were showers were.

Did not know this event was on,but might go myself,looks ok,it does say 9 to 5 pm and nothing about any camping,might make inquiries myself.

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
If you have the thread for camping can you post!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Just made some enquires ,and there is no Camping to this event,except at their own campsite just out side the gate never been there so cannot comment.
For 2 people and dogs,it's £20 per night with electric,might go myself!!

OP
OP
Stagman

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
(y)http://www.pawsinthepark.net/buy-tickets/weekend-camping

Hope this link works Eve. When in the paws in park website, click on buy tickets then camping appears as an option.mit appears to be £59 for a couple for two nights camping including entry to the show. Looking at photos the campsite seems to be in or immediately adjacent to the showground. Good enough for us

OP
OP
Stagman

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
Sorry that should read £50 for 2 nights camping inc show entry.
Think we will keep an eye on the forecast and book nearer the time. You can book up to a week before the show.
It did state an extra charge for hook up. £35 if i remember rightly.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
If you're in the CCC then there is a CS just down the road from the "show" campsite - Penny Spring Farm. It's £12-13 a night inc electric hook up. They've also got shower, toilet & washing up facilities. Basic but OK.

Not stayed on the CS but have stayed on the rally field there a couple of times when we've been to the Kent Show.

Denise

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
There's also Scraged Oak campsite that's owned (I believe) by the show ground; Good little site, with leccy etc. The toilet/shower blocks on the show ground are great...........normally plenty of hot water. (I'm involved in another show held over the Aug bank hol weekend at this site, and the showers supply of hot water is a godsend...............oh and the toilets always seem to have plenty of paper.......:whistle:(y))

OP
OP
Stagman

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
Thanks Andy. Are there Elsan/CDP facilities in the showground? Not too wirried about showers as we have a good one in the van plus loads of clean and grey water capacity.
Not such a large cassette though

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Hi Stagman, yes there are; Normally under little round cast plates, most of which have blue nylon rope as handles. :)

OP
OP
Stagman

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
Just made some enquires ,and there is no Camping to this event,except at their own campsite just out side the gate never been there so cannot comment.
For 2 people and dogs,it's £20 per night with electric,might go myself!!
Hi Eve
We have booked up for this now. The missus has an email from the organisers confirming that camping is on the showground amongst other details.
We are staying fri, sat and sunday nights.
If you decide to go and want to meet up with us and the pooch, let us know.
John G

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Andy at the moment,it's canoe time!! Looking at the weather forecast Saturday and Sunday is not to bad!! Temperatures are expected to be 18 :giggler:
I tend to look at France,s weather for my little corner of Kent,as a few miles can mean a completely different weather down here:crying:

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Aye, well that site does tend to have its own weather conditions............and when it gets wet, it GETs wet. :whistle:

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Hi John
I am going to decide,when I see the long term weather forecast ,!!
Will let you know once I make a decision,
I am hoping for a good September weather wise,before I start off for France.

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Just got visions of all the lovely grass turning to a mud bath!!
No fun!!!

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Just got visions of all the lovely grass turning to a mud bath!!
No fun!!!

Hmm, NO; The county show a couple of years ago, suffered from the weather..............entrance/exits in car parks were VERY bad. Main site is old airfield, no real depth of soil covering,....just watch someone try and hammer in a stake :whistle:.

Tayls

Free Member
Sep 14, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Lowline coachbuilt
Exp
3 years
We're camping at Scragged Oak tonight then moving to showground early tomorrow as our two pups are competing in the Agility, hoping the weather stays good...

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
We're camping at Scragged Oak tonight then moving to showground early tomorrow as our two pups are competing in the Agility, hoping the weather stays good...

That's a nice little camp site.............think they've got new toilet and showers since I last stayed there. :), Good luck in the competition.

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Checked the weather it's suppose to be nice !!!will be up early and if it's nice will be coming up.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back