Oct 3, 2011
cheshire
Funster No
MH
coach build
Exp
since 2005
37 keen camper since 2005 when i met my know wife Sally,

I stummbled on this web site while looking for info on our possible new van a Swift Sundance 590rs 2005.

So i thought i would become a member and mybe make a few new friends.

P.S. If anyone has any info good or bad on our possible new van then i would be very appriciated.

Cheers Paul. :Cool:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Welcome to the Fun Paul---

Personally? I wouldn't buy a swift as if you read around it seems to indicate agro.

But.

Many do, and would do again.:thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcomne to the fun. whilst you will find many negative posts regarding swift vans, I'm sure there must be more owners that are happy with them or the company would fold. Lots of info on here if you are able to search for it (you may have to subscribe in order to do that)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Hi Paul, jump in, both feet, most of them on here are nutters or similar but they do know their stuff, primarily it is a fun site but there is a mine of info in here. .....Welcome

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome Paul

lallymc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
Exp
1 year
Hi Paul

Everyone has their own opinion on here

We had our first swift 2 years ago which was a 590rs we loved it, the only thing we found was that the layout didnt work with 2 adults 2 children and a golden retriever

Our second swift which we have now is the sundance 630 l,, rear loune, very comfortable. never had any problems with the van at all and would totally recommend it to others on here

hope you are as happy with yours as we have been with ours

Leanne :Smile::Smile:

OP
OP
P

Paul greenhurst

Free Member
Oct 3, 2011
cheshire
Funster No
MH
coach build
Exp
since 2005
Lay out great for us.

Thank you for the possative feed back of the swift, we got the old version of the swift 590 on an X reg and it works great for us as only me and Sally but i could see what problems you would encounter with 2 children and a dog. :Smile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Paul, the Swift motorhomes we have owned have been very good indeed. :thumb:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Welcome to Fun. Just sold our Swift Bolero which we had for a year. Thoroughly enjoyed her and only sold as we are upgradingd to A Class.

Check out Link Removed for any specific technical info. There are Swift employees answering queries/problems on the forum and they are good at getting answers back to you:thumb:

RKE

Free Member
Sep 21, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Just sold ours!
Exp
Hello Paul,

I would say that Swift are no better or worse than the rest!

You read and hear bad reports on all makes of van, so as long as you are happy with it don't worry!

I think that motorhome manufacturers in general need a good kick up the backside judging by some of the faults that people have on brand new vans!
With the sort of price tags that are on these vans you would expect at the very least a good relaible product and not shoddy workmanship!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi Paul, and welcome. :welcomefunster:

Gyan

Free Member
Feb 17, 2011
Co. Durham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Hi Paul
I have a 2002 Swift Suntor 590RS we have had many happy years with our van
The main faults with this model are split shower tray, almost anything plastic inside the van ie taps cupboard catches etc. fading decals also a problem.
be sure to check the above first before buying.

cheers Jim

Onderweg

Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
Somehow the titel of this thread attracted me :Eeek:

We dont have a Swift, so cannot comment on that :cry:

Have Fun

Paul​

OP
OP
P

Paul greenhurst

Free Member
Oct 3, 2011
cheshire
Funster No
MH
coach build
Exp
since 2005
Thank you

Cheers Jim, Yes the shower base does seem to be a common problem and it is one of the things on my list to check, we have an X reg sundance and the samething happed to that and at the time i just thought it was on of those things, but it seems to be a bit more than ONE! :Smile:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Paul :welcome: to motorhome fun :thumb:

Our last van was a Swift Kontiki and we did a lot in the time we had it, but wanted a fully winterised van we could use all year.::bigsmile: But it was good for the money and never had any problem with it. :Smile: Bob and Jane.

OP
OP
P

Paul greenhurst

Free Member
Oct 3, 2011
cheshire
Funster No
MH
coach build
Exp
since 2005
Winter

Hi BOB and JANE

When you say you got a fully winterised one, did you find the swift to cold in the winter months and struggled to keep it warm?
We do a lot of wild camping and one of the reasons we are changing is that we think a newer van will be warmer in the winter as the X reg Swift Sundance we got at the moment has a few DRAFTS!!!! :whatthe:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Hi BOB and JANE

When you say you got a fully winterised one, did you find the swift to [HI]cold in the winter[/HI] months and struggled to keep it warm?
We do a lot of [HI]wild camping[/HI] and one of the reasons we are changing is that we think a newer van will be warmer in the winter as the X reg Swift Sundance we got at the moment has a few DRAFTS!!!! :whatthe:

Hi again Paul, I looked long and hard at Swift and Autosleeper, I liked the open airy feel of them both. I went for a winterised van (24 TOG if you believe the blurb) as my previous vans were not easy to keep warm on colder days.

I'm still exploring my latest purchase and when I found the hab battery in between the double floor I also noticed the size of the insulation slab, 2" thick, no wonder these winterised vans are easier and cheaper to heat.

The Swift will do you just fine I'm sure, the winterised ones are for skiing trips or similar.:thumb:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi BOB and JANE

When you say you got a fully winterised one, did you find the swift to cold in the winter months and struggled to keep it warm?
We do a lot of wild camping and one of the reasons we are changing is that we think a newer van will be warmer in the winter as the X reg Swift Sundance we got at the moment has a few DRAFTS!!!! :whatthe:

Hi Paul, yes we did find it cold, more so when travelling with only the standard Fiat cab heater to keep you warm ! :cry: We had the water freeze behind the kitchen sink and we always left the drain open on the waste tank and put a bucket under it, but we still had to insulate the waste pipes because they would freeze, and we spent a lot of time stopping drafts, but a great van and we would go anywhere in it, when we went to Spain in January we did a 3 day rush through France and could not wait to get to Spain because it was so cold. :Doh:::bigsmile:

So we got a German van with a double floor, everything is inside even the waste tap, they are much better insulated and when travelling down to Spain in winter now we have been known to take 10 days and enjoy it. :ROFLMAO: It has a heat exchanger that comes off the engine when travelling with a 2 speed fan and it heats the whole van, it has a truma gas heater in the front, and a truma gas boiler in the garage for heating and water, a van much more suited for winter use. :thumb: Bob.

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
We've a suntor 630g 2003, proper nice van............suits us anyway:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.