Free Member
Mar 25, 2009
sheffield s/yorks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
new starter
insurance for mh having just started out i needed insurance but didnt want to lose my claims on my main car i shopped around and found some companys are now offering what they call a mirror policy in which they mirrored the maximum claims i am getting from my existing company with the new policy resulting in a quote of 219.50 p protected bonuses hope this is usefull advise peeps:thumb:

peter t

Free Member
Feb 26, 2008
Sunny Croydon.
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
nearly a year.
insurance for mh having just started out i needed insurance but didnt want to lose my claims on my main car i shopped around and found some companys are now offering what they call a mirror policy in which they mirrored the maximum claims i am getting from my existing company with the new policy resulting in a quote of 219.50 p protected bonuses hope this is usefull advise peeps:thumb:

I shopped around for mine a couple of weeks ago, got a similiar deal offered to me from some companies although they did'nt make it so obvious by calling it a mirror deal, more a case of them doing me a favour' if you believe that one.:ROFLMAO:anyway the end result was ok.
Good tip though, "if you don't ask you don't get" :thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Insurance is a crazy place.

I got renewal for bike - about £220.

I look on web with biggest competitor broker - £95.

I buy, policy arrives and it's the same policy.

Go figure !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
At a ROSPA lecture on Tuesday we were advised that insurance companies were denying customers' cover because the vehicle was not at original as purchased spec and they hadn't been advised - as in;

Oh! you've had an accident but it transpires that you have had (for example) alloy wheels fitted since you bought the vehicle. You didn't advise us of that. Sorry (walks away rubbing hands) :whatthe:

or

...... you've fitted a non standard exhaust system - you didn't tell us about that. Don't call us....

Now what effect a super-duper exhaust system has on the handling of a vehicle, etc. I don't know. But apparently this is happening quite a lot.

Moral - if you've had your vehicle modified in any way, tell your insurance company. Which reminds me we'd better tell our lot about the Air Rides.

John

Last edited:

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
You have to be careful when insuring through a company that does not normally handle motorhomes or caravans as they may not include insurance for the gas appliances (not normally found in cars).

So check the cover very carefully.

Why is the thread entitled "Paul".

This has nothing whatsoever to do with the inquiry!!!!!

It's much better if the title has some significance.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back